Page 465 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 3654154554634644654664674755155659651465 ... LastLast
Results 9,281 to 9,300 of 67382
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Shall I discuss the fact that I no longer have imaginary friends? What a shocking revelation!
    Sue, can I still be your imaginary friend? Or do our phone conversations this weekend nullify our imaginary friend status?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Sue, can I still be your imaginary friend? Or do our phone conversations this weekend nullify our imaginary friend status?
    Don't remember if I posted here in the LTE or in my trip thread, but I've never considered y'all imaginary friends. You thought of each other (and me) that way.

I was always real and so were all of you. Y'all just were living inside my computer for a real long time.

(Day-O, The Banana Boat Song- the Sue71 version)

Day-o. Day-ay-ay-o.

Daylight come an' I donwan' go home.

Day, me say day, me say day, me say day
    Me say day, me say day-ay-ay-o

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    $1000 in repair. Just got the water bill. We'll be asking the water company for a revision, because an $800 water bill just isn't going to work with us.

I'm serious. $800 water bill.

Egads.
    Water water everywhere, and not a drop to drink . . .

$800 seems like a huge water bill. Hopefully the water company will work with you on this one.

Do you have a contract that specifies the terms for handling this type of incident?

(Day-O, The Banana Boat Song- the Sue71 version)

Day-o. Day-ay-ay-o.

Day, me say day, me say day, me say day
    Me say day, me say day-ay-ay-o

We don't want you to go home Come back soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    What will your old real world friends think?

Got it! #9000!
    Good job! Congrats!

Can Beaker's travels be considered out-of-pocket business expenses for tax purposes?
    Because he isn't earning a wage or self-employed, he has no business against which he can claim the traveling expenses. If he is making an income in the activity that involves traveling, I think he has bigger problems than taxes.

Don't remember if I posted here in the LTE or in my trip thread, but I've never considered y'all imaginary friends. You thought of each other (and me) that way.

I was always real and so were all of you. Y'all just were living inside my computer for a real long time.
    I'm glad some have moved out of your computer. It has been getting a bit cramped in here.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    He's going to review Bud Light?
    This would be a bad thing.

This would be a bad thing.
    Why?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I did a review of Budweiser. Positive one too, but I couldn't do the same for Bud Light. I will say the can has a pretty blue in it.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I did a review of Budweiser. Positive one too, but I couldn't do the same for Bud Light. I will say the can has a pretty blue in it.
    It is like Bud, but light!

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I wonder if there will be a Bud Light car in NASCAR this year.

Another positive note about Bud Light: It's better than Bud Ice Light.

Budweiser is a foreign beer now...owned by the Belgians and the Brazilians

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Budweiser is a foreign beer now...owned by the Belgians and the Brazilians
    Does that make it better or worse?

It has been an interesting day. I've been putting the finishing touches on a manuscript for work that was done at my last job. I had to do this work on my laptop, which has a burned out monitor, because the laptop has a program on it that is essential for the figure I have to draw. That's easy, right? I only need to hook up the monitor from my desktop computer to the laptop, do the necessary work, and then plug the monitor back in to the desktop. Wrong. When I plugged in the monitor and re-started my desktop I got the black screen of death. Am I hosed, or is there anything I can do to save my desktop?

BTW, I have 2 (yes, two!) papers going out next week: one from the old job, one from the new job. That makes up for the potential loss of the computer.

Sue, sounds like you had a grand adventure. Wish I could've been there! Did all of you cheer extra for me? Eat extra steak for me at The Barn?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Sue, sounds like you had a grand adventure. Wish I could've been there! Did all of you cheer extra for me? Eat extra steak for me at The Barn?
    Sue had prime rib, but I got the large NY Strip, and there was plenty to share, but I'll be happy to say you had the last few ounces

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Sue had prime rib, but I got the large NY Strip, and there was plenty to share, but I'll be happy to say you had the last few ounces
    Thanks for your generosity!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I only need to hook up the monitor from my desktop computer to the laptop, do the necessary work, and then plug the monitor back in to the desktop. Wrong. When I plugged in the monitor and re-started my desktop I got the black screen of death. Am I hosed, or is there anything I can do to save my desktop?
    I'd like to offer troubleshooting suggestions, but I'm not quite clear on the problem.

Were you able to use the external monitor with your laptop? (Sounds like yes.)

Are you now unable to put the external monitor back with your desktop and have it work?

Are all the cables connected securely? Can your desktop connect to a different monitor and work with that one? (May have to ask a friend or neighbor for help here.)