Page 2386 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 13861886228623362376238423852386238723882396243624862886 ... LastLast
Results 47,701 to 47,720 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    The people who grew up with that song are now in a position to make bad decisions about its use in advertising.

I’m among the oldest of the millennials, a proto-millennial if you will, and I’ve noticed a marked shift in the number of advertisements and movies intended to activate my nostalgia now that I’m in that prime spending age.

Ultimately, I put the blame on Becky. If she had JUST looked at her butt, this could have all been avoided.
    I believe the term is “geriatric” millennial.

-jk

The people who grew up with that song are now in a position to make bad decisions about its use in advertising.

I’m among the oldest of the millennials, a proto-millennial if you will, and I’ve noticed a marked shift in the number of advertisements and movies intended to activate my nostalgia now that I’m in that prime spending age.

Ultimately, I put the blame on Becky. If she had JUST looked at her butt, this could have all been avoided.
    Proto-millenial. You are having a great day on here. Not good. Great.

Given recent posts, I have to agree with the geriatric assessment.

Good thing we don’t have to put up with the bozo that coached THAT second half much longer, ammirite?!?

Bummer.

An ex of mine is the head of defense policy for a small island nation and I stared at the ceiling last night wondering if I’d ever be able to visit the country again.

Good thing we don’t have to put up with the bozo that coached THAT second half much longer, ammirite?!?

Bummer.
    I mean, really. The bigger disappointment of the game was that it followed on the heels of an incredible win. It seems there was little in the way of adjustment in the half.

An ex of mine is the head of defense policy for a small island nation and I stared at the ceiling last night wondering if I’d ever be able to visit the country again.

Well it is just policy, that is far from being head of the actual defense forces.

Bummer.
    Word on the street is, he’s taking the LSU job right before Selection Sunday.

I was absolutely thrilled with that game, other than the outcome. That kind of game makes you better. I left the bar I was in with a smile on my face. Duke got better last night by learning a hard lesson about playing on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I mean, really. The bigger disappointment of the game was that it followed on the heels of an incredible win. It seems there was little in the way of adjustment in the half.
    Thus, you could actually kind of predict the outcome.

There was plenty of adjustment from the red team.

Well it is just policy, that is far from being head of the actual defense forces.
    Hmmmm…

I hope K reads the comments so he can figure out what to do next time this happens. I wonder if he goes on message boards for doctors, lawyers and bankers and offers them suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I hope K reads the comments so he can figure out what to do next time this happens. I wonder if he goes on message boards for doctors, lawyers and bankers and offers them suggestions?
    I have long felt that sports coaches should be allowed to sit in on the job performance reviews of some of those fans that loudly criticize their coaching. Seems only fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    I have long felt that sports coaches should be allowed to sit in on the job performance reviews of some of those fans that loudly criticize their coaching. Seems only fair to me.
    I pointed out on a basketball thread once that people offering insights and input into coaching decisions and strategy was the dumbest thing we did on here. One of the guys responded that he played and watched a lot of basketball so he knew. He don't know. I lived with a basketball coach and basketball literally put food on my family's table. And I don't know. Because that's not what I do for a living.

Expertise is in the eye of the beholder?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I pointed out on a basketball thread once that people offering insights and input into coaching decisions and strategy was the dumbest thing we did on here. One of the guys responded that he played and watched a lot of basketball so he knew. He don't know. I lived with a basketball coach and basketball literally put food on my family's table. And I don't know. Because that's not what I do for a living.
    Hmmm, you have given me something positive with this comment. I can imagine that what Coach K would feel reading the coaching insights offered by many DBR poster is similar to what some of us who do public health/take of patients for a living feel reading the plague thread. It's possible that I have something in common with Coach K!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Hmmm, you have given me something positive with this comment. I can imagine that what Coach K would feel reading the coaching insights offered by many DBR poster is similar to what some of us who do public health/take of patients for a living feel reading the plague thread. It's possible that I have something in common with Coach K!
    That's a great example. I work in medicine and I am just smart enough that I understand what you, RSV man and John B tell me. That's what I contribute to that thread. The ability know what I don't know.

As my dear Daddy used to say:

“I don’t know much, but when i know something, I know the hell out of it!”

My saying is:

“You are entitled to an opinion. I have facts, whether they are right or wrong.”

Nice to go to a high school basketball game for the first time in 2 years tonight.