Page 1970 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 97014701870192019601968196919701971197219802020207024702970 ... LastLast
Results 39,381 to 39,400 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    How can you be scared of Wilson? He wears Kermit the Frog sneakers. While listening to Slayer.
    With apologies to Walt Whitman, "I contain multitudes."

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Are you singing a song to yourself?

My AP humanities teacher at a Texas public high school covered WW. The day she described WW as pansexual was the last day I saw a few students in that class. 😂

Covering other religions was already a strain; this broke the dam.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    My AP humanities teacher at a Texas public high school covered WW. The day she described WW as pansexual was the last day I saw a few students in that class. 😂

I remember having to walk that tightrope on a great many topics at the conservative school where I began my career. Thankfully, my current institution places no such constraints on my instruction and I've never once had a complaint about touchy or controversial content since moving here.

"My mama and daddy don't hold with no book learnin'" just rang out in my head as I read that post.

I remember having to walk that tightrope on a great many topics at the conservative school where I began my career. Thankfully, my current institution places no such constraints on my instruction and I've never once had a complaint about touchy or controversial content since moving here.
    You know, it just is what it is sometimes. Some folks confuse education and indoctrination, I suppose, but that will take us into PBJ (think that's right) territory, which is far too sticky for DBR!

You know, it just is what it is sometimes. Some folks confuse education and indoctrination, I suppose, but that will take us into PBJ (think that's right) territory, which is far too sticky for DBR!
    Smooth post.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Smooth post.
    Thanks. I didn’t think we were ready for that jelly.

It certainly ain’t Fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Given the polarization of the country, PBJ discussions can go downhill in a jiffy.

Given the polarization of the country, PBJ discussions can go downhill in a jiffy.
    Yup, there’s Nutella who will be offended.

Perhaps we should Skippy right past that discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Smooth post.
    Thanks. I didn’t think we were ready for that jelly.
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Perhaps we should Skippy right past that discussion?
    Peter Pan

Peter Pan
    Dude, you win!

Hmmm, maybe I should enter the transfer portal? What have I got to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Hmmm, maybe I should enter the transfer portal? What have I got to lose?
    When I was wrapping up high school, at the height of the prep-to-pros era when elite (and sometimes not-so-elite) high school players were bypassing college and making the leap straight to the NBA, a friend (who is tall and lanky, but not an elite basketball player...didn't even play HS varsity ball) and I attempted to declare his eligibility for the draft, just to see what would happen. The NBA left our various and somewhat repeated inquiries unanswered, and we were thus left unable to enter his name for draft eligibility.

When I was wrapping up high school, at the height of the prep-to-pros era when elite (and sometimes not-so-elite) high school players were bypassing college and making the leap straight to the NBA, a friend (who is tall and lanky, but not an elite basketball player...didn't even play HS varsity ball) and I attempted to declare his eligibility for the draft, just to see what would happen. The NBA left our various and somewhat repeated inquiries unanswered, and we were thus left unable to enter his name for draft eligibility.
    So, if a tree falls in the woods...

My mortgage is now serviced by a company that goes by the trade name of Mr. Cooper. Wasn't that a TV show from the 80s or 90s?

That’s not very democratic. You’d think anyone would be able to Air Up There it.

Is there a way to tell if a poster has been put on timeout or banned?