Page 2015 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 101515151915196520052013201420152016201720252065211525153015 ... LastLast
Results 40,281 to 40,300 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Agreed. Unless BlueTeuf says I don't.
    Lol! I could be more accurately described as treadmill-tolerant. Since the weather changed, I haven't used it once.

I hung a TV and binged on Sunderland 'til I Die and Peaky Blinders. Mixed in a couple rows per week.

ClemmonsDevil - you've helped inspire me to add more upper body. For which I'm grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Lol! I could be more accurately described as treadmill-tolerant. Since the weather changed, I haven't used it once.

I hung a TV and binged on Sunderland 'til I Die and Peaky Blinders. Mixed in a couple rows per week.

ClemmonsDevil - you've helped inspire me to add more upper body. For which I'm grateful.
    Sunderland ‘til I Die is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That sounds good. What does it mean? I mean, I've had a Korean beef taco before. Like that but fajitas?
    I had leftover beef bulgogi, didn't want to make rice, so combined it with peppers and onions and a few tortillas and borracho beans.
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 05-08-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post

Ha! Peaky Blinders is soooooo good. I am loving the 500 pushups a day thing. It is legitimately hard. I am now doing 6 sets of 70 and 1 set of 80 every 15 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I had leftover beef Bulgari, didn't want to make rice, so combined it with peppers and onions and a few tortillas and borracho beans.
    Sounds fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I had leftover beef bulgogi, didn't want to make rice, so combined it with peppers and onions and a few tortillas and borracho beans.
    Sounds fantastic!
    I see what you edited there. Those Bulgari signs are everywhere in Europe. Fancy so and sos.

Probably not going to catch it tonight but I'm pretty curious about this Elon Musk on SNL business. I mean, there's 0 chance he's not awful, right?

Happy Mother's day everyone!

2-minute chocolate lava cake in a cup for my resident momma.

2-minute chocolate lava cake in a cup for my resident momma.
    That's nice. Are you having a sympathy cup with her?

That's nice. Are you having a sympathy cup with her?
    Nah. I’ll have a brownie ice cream sandwich I’m making later tonight though.

Nah. I’ll have a brownie ice cream sandwich I’m making later tonight though.
    Excellent! I am making hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill. Finishing up my walking and push ups now before everyone Rises.

Excellent! I am making hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill. Finishing up my walking and push ups now before everyone Rises.
    Late risers?

We’ve already stared out the window and pondered existential questions like where we want to be in 5, 10 years and what our lifestyle should be like and whether either of us actually would take a promotion if we were offered one on account of not wanting to deal with more poo. We are both very anti-poo dealing.

In fairness, her executive director has talked to her about succession specifically so if she were promoted she would have to deal with a LOT more poo as the head of a non-profit. I have already been shocked about the sheer number of HR issues leaders have to deal with on the regular. It is crazy sauce.

Late risers?

We’ve already stared out the window and pondered existential questions like where we want to be in 5, 10 years and what our lifestyle should be like and whether either of us actually would take a promotion if we were offered one on account of not wanting to deal with more poo. We are both very anti-poo dealing.

In fairness, her executive director has talked to her about succession specifically so if she were promoted she would have to deal with a LOT more poo as the head of a non-profit. I have already been shocked about the sheer number of HR issues leaders have to deal with on the regular. It is crazy sauce.
    My kids are 19 and 17 and they won't get up until I get them up. My wife can somehow sleep late as well. Also, my wife deals with tons of poo (much more than I do) and I just took on more poo. She is almost high enough up in management that she will have less day to day poo. I am not concerned about the poo I have to deal with. This was easily the most stressful week of my professional career, and it was a pretty good week.

My kids are 19 and 17 and they won't get up until I get them up. My wife can somehow sleep late as well. Also, my wife deals with tons of poo (much more than I do) and I just took on more poo. She is almost high enough up in management that she will have less day to day poo. I am not concerned about the poo I have to deal with. This was easily the most stressful week of my professional career, and it was a pretty good week.
    Because of all the sniping of your lessers?

Because of all the sniping of your lessers?
    They are going at me pretty hard but I don't actually care. The CEO and sales manager like me and promoted me so I am unfazed by those guys. And I won't let it affect how I work with them.

They are going at me pretty hard but I don't actually care. The CEO and sales manager like me and promoted me so I am unfazed by those guys. And I won't let it affect how I work with them.
    I’m glad for you and genuinely impressed that you can compartmentalize like that. I can’t. I’m very lucky to have an incredible group of colleagues whom I deeply respect and almost all of whom I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I’m glad for you and genuinely impressed that you can compartmentalize like that. I can’t. I’m very lucky to have an incredible group of colleagues whom I deeply respect and almost all of whom I really like.
    Yeah. I HATE combative work environments. My “eff off and do something else” threshold has always been low. Pros and cons to that and some think it’s poor form but it’s the way I’m wired and keeps things in perspective knowing you can always do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Thanks. I believe it comes from playing team sports. If you want to beat someone out in team sports then go be better than them. Period It's simple to me.
    Last edited by ClemmonsDevil; 05-09-2021 at 12:39 PM.

Way to go...letting the crap roll of you is a good look, it only makes the complainers look like idiots...