Page 391 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2913413813893903913923934014414918911391 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,820 of 67381
    Good mornning. It's a nice morning here despite the overcast skies. AD, I too will be doing laundry. Woo hoo, not. I also need to finish my cookie baking.

Ozzie, hope your travels are going smooth and safe.

Prediction: I predict that Duke will go bowling in '09, that we will beat unc and return the victory bell to its proper home. GTHC, GTH!!

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    Good mornning. It's a nice morning here despite the overcast skies. AD, I too will be doing laundry. Woo hoo, not. I also need to finish my cookie baking.

Ozzie, hope your travels are going smooth and safe.

Prediction: I predict that Duke will go bowling in '09, that we will beat unc and return the victory bell to its proper home. GTHC, GTH!!
    Another baker! I have already made a pecan pie (Christmas gift for my boss) and a pound cake (for a potluck) this morning. The pound cake is a repeat of an experiment I tried last year in which I used eggnog in place of the water that the mix called for. The crumbs were all but licked from the plate.

No baking or shopping here. I'm just watching the snow fall again. Oh and having an Oreo or two. Maybe its time to break out the hot chocolate?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Another baker! I have already made a pecan pie (Christmas gift for my boss) and a pound cake (for a potluck) this morning. The pound cake is a repeat of an experiment I tried last year in which I used eggnog in place of the water that the mix called for. The crumbs were all but licked from the plate.
    Your pound cake sounds to die for. Will you post the recipe on the recipe thread? I'm baking oatmeal milk chocolate chip cookies. I baked my cherry, pecan, white chocolate, coconut cookies last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    No baking or shopping here. I'm just watching the snow fall again. Oh and having an Oreo or two. Maybe its time to break out the hot chocolate?
    Ymmm, oreos and hot chocolate

Reading other's posts has made me hungry. The Oreoes were the closest thing to satisfy a sugar craving.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Don't you make your own soup?
    Yes but not today and I don't currently have any on hand that's not in a can.

You don't happen to know Yev Kassem do you?

Your pound cake sounds to die for. Will you post the recipe on the recipe thread? I'm baking oatmeal milk chocolate chip cookies. I baked my cherry, pecan, white chocolate, coconut cookies last weekend.
    Well, I would, except for one thing: it's a mix. To be specific, the Absolutely Almond Pound Cake mix from Tastefully Simple. Bake as on the box, except subsititute eggnog for the water.

Well, I would, except for one thing: it's a mix. To be specific, the Absolutely Almond Pound Cake mix from Tastefully Simple. Bake as on the box, except subsititute eggnog for the water.
    I like that even better! Sounds easy and fabulous! Thanks.

I like that even better! Sounds easy and fabulous! Thanks.
    You're very welcome. Are you familiar with Tastefully Simple? You can order their stuff online. My sister just had a party, so I stocked up.

You're very welcome. Are you familiar with Tastefully Simple? You can order their stuff online. My sister just had a party, so I stocked up.
    No, I was not. I'll go check it out now and bookmark the site.

I love Tastefully Simple products!

However, if you're interested in their beer bread, check out my beer bread recipe in the recipe thread on the OTB.

Just checking in from the frozen midwest. We aren't supposed to get out of the single digits today with a ridiculously frigid wind chill factor. It is the 2nd coldest day for a Chiefs game at Arrowhead. I'll have to check the date of the coldest game - I may have been there. I'm not sorry that I'm not in Arrowhead today - just too cold to sit for 3-4hours. Brrr!

DA & Mr. DA are a couple hours north of me - so they are experiencing even colder temps.

Yep- coldest game in Arrowhead was Jan 7, 1996, a playoff game with a temp of -6. I was there and we lost. And it looks like we might be heading that way today.

Another loss - hopefully we are now playing for a draft pick. With King Carl gone, we might not screw that up this time.

Hope all of you in colder climates are keeping toasty. While I miss the snow in Chicago, I don't miss the single digit temperatures. Ick. My son thrives on them though which is a good thing since he's a bike messenger. Silly guy.

It hasn't stopped snowing here...well its kind of hard to tell sometimes as it has been windy enough that it could just be wind blowing already fallen snow around. Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Just checking in from the frozen midwest. We aren't supposed to get out of the single digits today with a ridiculously frigid wind chill factor. It is the 2nd coldest day for a Chiefs game at Arrowhead. I'll have to check the date of the coldest game - I may have been there. I'm not sorry that I'm not in Arrowhead today - just too cold to sit for 3-4hours. Brrr!

DA & Mr. DA are a couple hours north of me - so they are experiencing even colder temps.
    It's pretty frakkin' cold in St. Louis, too. The thermometer in my car read 8 ºF. (BTW, how much of a geek am I since I know the keyboard command to type in to get the degree sign? ALT 0186, in case anyone was curious.)

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I love Tastefully Simple products!

However, if you're interested in their beer bread, check out my beer bread recipe in the recipe thread on the OTB.
    Every single time I've made the Absolutely Almond Pound Cake, someone asks me for the recipe. Their beer bread mix is okay, but it's not my favorite product. That one's a tossup between the pound cake and the Rhubarb-Strawberry Spread. Ymmmm.