Page 1254 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2547541154120412441252125312541255125612641304135417542254 ... LastLast
Results 25,061 to 25,080 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I haven't watched an entire NFL game in more than that, close to 10 years now.
    Chiefs play a lot of noon games. Due to church commitments, I don't usually see a whole game. Thankfully, I can listen online ad I work. I don't understand why the NFL doesn't allow you listen on your phone.

The youth put up a table at church to collect soup on Super Bowl Sunday. You put your cans on the side of the table for the team you want to win. When making the announcement, they talked about just a small strip of the table for the 49ers because no one was going to vote for them. I indicated that I would be putting one can there. I'm putting it there for Laken Tomlinson. A fellow choir member said he would move it. I think I will put Laken's number and name on it. I may make extra to keep replacing it if he moves the can.

{yawn, stretch}

Mornin’ friends. Up early today I see.

{coffee}

Scheduled a massage for this Saturday. Never had one before and I'm pretty excited.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Scheduled a massage for this Saturday. Never had one before and I'm pretty excited.
    There goes your money for the rest of time.

Wife got me my first massage almost 20 years ago. If I had the means, I would schedule two a week. Especially as I get older.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    ... I indicated that I would be putting one can there. I'm putting it there for Laken Tomlinson...I think I will put Laken's number and name on it...
    May we assume that you will include his alma mater and year of graduation? Just a gentle, goodhearted admonition towards those high-spirited youngsters to not mess with the soup?

Do you need me to fly over there and guard the soup?

I've always felt bad for Laken since he was drafted by the Lions. Really bad. I'm happy that he escaped.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

It's a nice thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    There goes your money for the rest of time.

Wife got me my first massage almost 20 years ago. If I had the means, I would schedule two a week. Especially as I get older.
    Thankfully it wasn't too pricey. That's because the massage is technically being done by a student who needs X amount of hours to complete their course. Hopefully they know what they're doing!

Thankfully it wasn't too pricey. That's because the massage is technically being done by a student who needs X amount of hours to complete their course. Hopefully they know what they're doing!
    I've had student massages before. They can be hit or miss.

You get a nice discount with them if, in the last few minutes, you suddenly scream in pain and grab your back or shoulder. #LifeHack

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    May we assume that you will include his alma mater and year of graduation? Just a gentle, goodhearted admonition towards those high-spirited youngsters to not mess with the soup?

Do you need me to fly over there and guard the soup?

I've always felt bad for Laken since he was drafted by the Lions. Really bad. I'm happy that he escaped.
    I need to refresh my memory on his graduation year but was definitely planning on the Duke reference.

I have to confess that I hope someone messes with the can so I can pull out the replacement can. It can make for a fun Sunday morning.

However, if my cranky mood continues this week, I may need to call on you.

Student massages are in violation of my faculty handbook.

And another one gone, and another one gone...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I think the beer drinkers have been reading this thread (again). Either that or they are drunk posting a lot lately. I can't help but think that that much beer drinking might be bad for you.

Meanwhile, the Presidential thread folks do have less than a thousand pages to go to catch us.

Possible? No. But they will probably speculate that it is, again, sometime during the summer.

So, the new format for the DBR message boards will be 13 years old in a few days. Well, my posts say I joined here in Feb 2007 which has to have been when the new format showed up. I'm sure that rejoined right away.

Post count on this thread (top ten):

YmoBeThere

DukieInKansas

devildeac

Bostondevil

OldPhiKap

sue71, esq

Lavabe

weezie

ArkieDukie

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15

Post count on beer thread:

devildeac

fuse

Tripping William

mattman91

duketaylor

ricks68

accfanfrom1970

richardjackson199

Lavabe

CameronBornAndBred

That's impressive on dd. A one-man beer army! Always a good man to know.

(The political thread has an expiration date in about 10.5 months so it will not come anywhere near these two).