Page 652 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 15255260264265065165265365466270275211521652 ... LastLast
Results 13,021 to 13,040 of 67675
    When I saw him, he had velocity on his pitches but just wasn't locating well enough. Not sure how well he can fix that.

Friday night's game

It's 0 - 0 in the top of the 9th. Great games pitched by Beckett and Burnett, regardless of who wins.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Don't worry. Be happy.
    I'm sad about Smoltzie. Not in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'm sad about Smoltzie.
    I'm sad to see his great career end too, although I'm glad we beat the snot out of him last night!

9F 9F 9F

So, any other TV shows people want me to recap?

So, any other TV shows people want me to recap?
    Bwahahahaha!

9F 9F 9F

The 'Lost' thread only needs 100 more views to be on the front page when you sort by views. Nobody has explained to me if there are 5900 page views how many people, approximately, that means are reading the thing. It doesn't go up by one every time I look at so, what's the story? Anybody know?

The 'Lost' thread only needs 100 more views to be on the front page when you sort by views. Nobody has explained to me if there are 5900 page views how many people, approximately, that means are reading the thing. It doesn't go up by one every time I look at so, what's the story? Anybody know?
    No idea how it works, but I've probably viewed the thread 5100 times myself!

Just kidding.

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    And I never understood why more people don't make Cocoa Krispies treats instead of plain Rice Krispies treats...they're so good.

Finally, I am currently preparing baked ziti.

Discuss.
    When I read this, I just got the visual of baked ziti with Cocoa Krispies on top.

Have you ever made them with fruity pebbles? YUM

I mean Rice Krispies treats . . . without the baked ziti underneath of course.

KM,

Thanks for clearing that up. When I saw Baked Ziti with Cocoa Pebbles on top, I thought I might have posted on a thread in an alternate universe. Whew! That was close.

I've been watching True Blood. Now, as I think I've posted in this thread before I HATE!!! the Twilight book series but for some reason those Louisiana vampires have me hooked. I might start recapping True Blood once I get Lost finished. I kinda like doing it. Of course, if I really wanted to do something personally useful, I'd finish my play.

I am off to a playwrights' retreat in the Catskill Mountains next week.

I'm going to try and be a few episodes into Season 3 before I go. When is the Season 6 premiere anyway? At the rate I'm going, I won't be caught up before the premiere but I'll probably be caught up by the time they take their first programming break.

I watched some bonus features on the Season 2 disc. The reason they have to take programming breaks mid-season is to catch up themselves. It's takes longer than a week to film one of these episodes. They show us everything they have in the can before they take a break. So, nice to know. And not surprising either, for Lost that is. Not sure it would really take more than a week to film an episode of The Office, but that's just me.

I haven't done this many in a row in awhile, I think.

I saw Julie & Julia last night. Meryl Streep will win an Oscar. She's due, she's fantastic as always, and c'mon people, she's playing Julia Child. Nobody else needs to even come to the ceremony. My husband used to run into Julia Child in the specialty grocery store near her house from time to time. He didn't ever speak to her but he saw her several times. I was never so lucky.

I saw Julie & Julia last night. Meryl Streep will win an Oscar. She's due, she's fantastic as always, and c'mon people, she's playing Julia Child. Nobody else needs to even come to the ceremony. My husband used to run into Julia Child in the specialty grocery store near her house from time to time. He didn't ever speak to her but he saw her several times. I was never so lucky.
    Movie received a so-so review from the WaPo, but I will go see any MS movie. She's my second favorite actress behind Kathryn Hepburn but arguably better given the variety of roles. She can do anything. Not to mention I loved watching Julia as a child and later as an adult.

I'm not really a Meryl Streep fan