Page 56 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758661061565561056 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 67397
    I need to do some serious posting to catch up to Devildeac. Wonder when he's going on vacation? Maybe I can catch up by then.

I'm hoping for a similar sojourn from Lavabe, both so I can catch up to him and because it would hopefully indicate some exciting possibilities for our resident anthropologist. Any word, big guy?

my only sports accomplishment

Back when I taught at the undergrad level, I was on a faculty-staff women's intramural volleyball team that won the school's championship 3 or 4 years running. We had a ringer on our team - the volleyball coach was an AA in college.

I'm a middling racquetball player. My Little League team won the championship when I was 9. And I'll kick your butt in Scrabble or Trivial Pursuit (those are sports, right?).

Also, I was on the quiz bowl team that won the first state championship in my high school's history in 1998, and I made it to the state spelling bee in 8th grade. Again, those are sports, right?

Most definitely

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    And I'll kick your butt in Scrabble or Trivial Pursuit (those are sports, right?).
    I challenge you to a duel at either. And, in doing so, I lose my status as Wojo.

I'm a middling racquetball player. My Little League team won the championship when I was 9. And I'll kick your butt in Scrabble or Trivial Pursuit (those are sports, right?).
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I challenge you to a duel at either. And, in doing so, I lose my status as Wojo.
    We should get a trivial pursuit thread going. I too am pretty good at TP.

Hi, Jack!

For those who are so inclined, go on over to the Huckabee thread in PPB and say hi to our friend Jack. Several OTB people have already dropped by to make him feel welcome.

longest

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I need to do some serious posting to catch up to Devildeac. Wonder when he's going on vacation? Maybe I can catch up by then.
    OOT next weekend and then for about 5 days late March. Good luck . There's always the beer thread...

Talking Podcasting today

I'm hoping for a similar sojourn from Lavabe, both so I can catch up to him and because it would hopefully indicate some exciting possibilities for our resident anthropologist. Any word, big guy?
    I should have details in the next week. Right now, I am just a nervous wreck.

In the meantime, in February I am hoping to try some microbrews in LA and just outside of Lexington.

You'll pass me in the next week.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Talking Did someone say Scrabble?

Playing scrabble with an anthropologist over beer is much more interesting than playing racquetball with him.

Knowing all the common names of plants and primates is an unfair advantage.

My favorite ones being: sifaka and guenon.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

imagine adding a chemist to the group...

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Playing scrabble with an anthropologist over beer is much more interesting than playing racquetball with him.

Knowing all the common names of plants and primates is an unfair advantage.

My favorite ones being: sifaka and guenon.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I'll throw biochemical processes into the mix.

longest

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I should have details in the next week. Right now, I am just a nervous wreck.

In the meantime, in February I am hoping to try some microbrews in LA and just outside of Lexington.

You'll pass me in the next week.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    1. from (near) georgia tech?
    2. a. is that Los Angeles, Louisiana or Lower Advance(family joke) ?
    b. KY, NC or MA?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I'll throw biochemical processes into the mix.
    I don't need any fancy terminology. I know all the 2 letter words and words with q but no u. My scrabble game is tight.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    1. from (near) georgia tech?
    2. a. is that Los Angeles, Louisiana or Lower Advance(family joke) ?
    b. KY, NC or MA?
    LA: dukemomLA country ... as in David Beckham country (BWAHAHAHAHAHA!)
    Lexington: Near the team that Wilson's girlfriend supports.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I don't need any fancy terminology. I know all the 2 letter words and words with q but no u. My scrabble game is tight.
    Ditto. Nobody in my family will play with me anymore. Same goes for Trivial Pursuit...though sometimes I can talk them into it if I let them go 3 or 4 on 1.

Also, I was on the quiz bowl team that won the first state championship in my high school's history in 1998, and I made it to the state spelling bee in 8th grade. Again, those are sports, right?
    My high school gave out letters to those of us on the academic teams...so it qualifies as something. I guess part of it was that we were doing much better than the athletic teams outside of some individual performers.

Thumbs up If this stress lasts any longer...

Just PM'd you, Earl of Jammeth, devildeac, and Mom with some news that I just received after your post.

Would you mind repeating your query tomorrow? I am awaiting some word sometime in the next few days as well. If I don't get word, I'll be bummed.

Thoughts, wishes, etc... are GREATLY appreciated. This is HELL month for me.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

P.S. ROCK ON, ArkieDukie!

And I'll kick your butt in Scrabble
    Oh, *bring it* my friend.

You ever read "Word Freak" by Stephen Fatsis? Hilarious look into the world of competitive Scrabble. Also boosted my average game score by nearly 100 pts.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Oh, *bring it* my friend.

You ever read "Word Freak" by Stephen Fatsis? Hilarious look into the world of competitive Scrabble. Also boosted my average game score by nearly 100 pts.
    I'll have to check that one out once I get to a lull in my academic reading...in five years.