Page 1880 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 88013801780183018701878187918801881188218901930198023802880 ... LastLast
Results 37,581 to 37,600 of 67652
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I use a word that don't mean nothing. Like "lupid."
    So what should lupid mean?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Paddies will graduate from UVM in May. Not that I can't go visit Vermont even when my kid isn't in Burlington, but having that reason to make the trip multiple times a year has been one of the things I've liked best about UVM. Maybe Arrow will go to UVM.
    only bad news is that our Covid cases have shot WAY up...once we had among the fewest cases per capita, now we're shooting up the list, today 283 cases which I think is a clear record...not good at all (but at least people aren't being hospitalized and dying in big numbers)...only 26 people in the hospital, four in the ICU, but still...ski area towns (so much for self quarantining) and college towns seem to be leading the way...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    drop by when the glacier fully recedes in May, meat and alcohol on the deck!
    About 7 years ago I spoke in Burlington Vermont for the Vermont/New Hampshire Society for Respiratory Care annual symposium. I have a 50 minute lecture and the Red Sox have the game 5 of the division series starting in 40 minutes. I explained to them that they will detect a Southern accent that will be magnified the faster I speak. Someone in the audience said we don't care if you sound like that dude on King of the Hill, just get us to the game. I did and received Stellar remarks because of it. Some things are just more important than others.
    https://youtu.be/TCa0Did0wMM

Boomhauer talking is how I sound fast and Boomhauer singing is a how I sound that a conference. It's still there, but you can make it out.

^ that's funny but not surprising...at least you all had a common goal...p.s. you won't have to worry about the Red Sox in the playoffs any time soon...

BOOM, first thunderstorm of 2021 is in the back yard right now...

"The girl with colitis goes by."

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    "The girl with colitis goes by."
    Lucy and this guy with diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Lucy and this guy with diamonds.
    "'scuse me while I kiss this guy"

I dated a girl who thought "I'm not big on social graces" was "I'm not big on sausage gravy". She also thought it was Napoleon ice cream. Man I had a ton of game in Surry County. Ton of game.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I dated a girl who thought "I'm not big on social graces" was "I'm not big on sausage gravy". She also thought it was Napoleon ice cream. Man I had a ton of game in Surry County. Ton of game.
    we may have touched upon this a thousand pages ago or so, but is there ANYTHING more pathetic than Napoleon ice cream? The memory of a sinking heart when you'd approach the dessert table to find only the pathetic puddle of (inedible) strawberry ice cream, the vanilla and choco having been ravaged? They'd have done better to only fill the container two thirds full, no?

we may have touched upon this a thousand pages ago or so, but is there ANYTHING more pathetic than Napoleon ice cream? The memory of a sinking heart when you'd approach the dessert table to find only the pathetic puddle of (inedible) strawberry ice cream, the vanilla and choco having been ravaged? They'd have done better to only fill the container two thirds full, no?
    It's the equivalent of buying Bud Light or going to Chili's for your only meal out in a month. Just drink water and stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    It's the equivalent of buying Bud Light or going to Chili's for your only meal out in a month. Just drink water and stay home.
    exactly. No wonder the Brits handed Napoleon his butt at Waterloo, if that's the best ice cream he could come up with...

Ha! We would go to my Grandma's and she would offer us ice cream. She ALWAYS had Neapolitan (I refuse to call it Napoleon, even in jest) and ALWAYS only the strawberry was left in the carton. She would eat every tiny scrap of chocolate and vanilla and leave the crap for us. AND GET MAD WHEN I SAID I DID NOT WANT ANY!!! And it was cheap stuff, like that "ice milk". Do they even sell that stuff anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Ha! We would go to my Grandma's and she would offer us ice cream. She ALWAYS had Neapolitan (I refuse to call it Napoleon, even in jest) and ALWAYS only the strawberry was left in the carton. She would eat every tiny scrap of chocolate and vanilla and leave the crap for us. AND GET MAD WHEN I SAID I DID NOT WANT ANY!!! And it was cheap stuff, like that "ice milk". Do they even sell that stuff anymore?
    they sure do, a friend brought some to our house pre pandemic, and i've never let him live it down...it may have been Breyers...the very worst I remember was Sealtest, they made it "creamy" with some kind of gummy substance that wouldn't really melt, that kind of gave it away...

Pizza pizza and long hots.

Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip is my favorite.

My toddler goes to bed about 6:30, my wife about 9:15 and me about 10:30. I call that hour and fifteen minutes my executive time and it is glorious.

Today's haircut did not go well.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Today's haircut did not go well.
    Did you mow your own head?

Social distancing beer and cigar night with my buddies. Smoked prime rib and Brussel sprouts.