Page 495 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 3954454854934944954964975055455959951495 ... LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,900 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Not likely, but we can try ... if EVERYONE participates.
    Let's do it!!!

Super Bowl, eew! It's basketball season!

I have exciting plans for the weekend: I'm taking my first trip out with a realtor to look at condos! I'm looking in CWE, for those of you who know St. Louis. It will be interesting to see what I can afford.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I've been WAY too busy playing Scramble. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Not too bad. I'd bet some flames were removed and most of the discussion is about how we'll grow/benefit from the L and some BS reasoning about how the "travel" call on G was a "good" call.
    Although I always hate to see us lose, this was one that didn't pain me too much. It was a clean game, I thought - none of the thuggery one might expect to see from other ACC opponents. If we use this loss to beat the holes, it will make me especially happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I've been WAY too busy playing Scramble. Sorry about that.
    That's okay; so have I. Work keeps me quite busy. How goes the training? And the fundraising?

After challenging everyone to $1/post, I realized I couldn't afford that myself! Maybe a penny a post?

Lavabe, How are things in KY? Saw some pictures of the ice storm - it looks pretty nasty there. My parents are in the area of NW AR that got hit quite hard. My brother works for the local electric co-op, which means he's been quite busy.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Never fear-we are heading to the coast this weekend.
    Does that mean you post while someone else drives?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    That's okay; so have I. Work keeps me quite busy. How goes the training? And the fundraising?

After challenging everyone to $1/post, I realized I couldn't afford that myself! Maybe a penny a post?

All proceeds going to someone running a marathon in a few months?

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    With the Super Bowl on Sunday, seems like we *might* be asking a bit much.

Uhhhmmm...with a game on Sunday evening, we may be asking too much. Super Bowl, Schmooper Bowl...PW'ing takes precedence over that.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Uhhhmmm...with a game on Sunday evening, we may be asking too much. Super Bowl, Schmooper Bowl...PW'ing takes precedence over that.
    Isn't the Super Bowl that football game that's on between all the nifty commercial breaks?

Unhappy

Lavabe, How are things in KY? Saw some pictures of the ice storm - it looks pretty nasty there. My parents are in the area of NW AR that got hit quite hard. My brother works for the local electric co-op, which means he's been quite busy.
    In Western KY, my parents just got power today, as they are on a grid with a hospital. My brother (the Vasquez fan) probably won't get power for a week, at the earliest. LOADS of tree falls blocking roads and taking down power lines.

Here in easternish Kentucky, about 25,000 people (as of 6PM tonight) are without power in Lexington alone. Loads of issues throughout eastern Kentucky. In Richmond, KY, water and power were out for the last few days. UK and EKU were out most of the week. Lots of towns with electricity issues.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Isn't the Super Bowl that football game that's on between all the nifty commercial breaks?
    Exactly!

I think the commercials have been a bit disappointing the last few years. On the bright side, the games have been better.

Did they sell all the commercial spots? A few days ago, I heard that they still had spots available. I guess $3mil price tag is a bit steep.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Did they sell all the commercial spots? A few days ago, I heard that they still had spots available. I guess $3mil price tag is a bit steep.
    Let's take up a collection. We can make a DBR commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Let's take up a collection. We can make a DBR commercial.
    Calling EarlJam - let's see how his PR skills work. Can he get an ad created and on the air in less than 48 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    So the LTE will be at 10,000 by Sunday night?
    With over 300 posts to go, I doubt it. I post "a lot" but not that much.
    But this is a start...

Not exactly-no hand held devices for me that are capable of doing that.

We play ewe-vee-eh at 2PM on Sunday so there will be a bunch of chatters. We'll be watching live. A few of us may gather before/during the game at CIS to see if any of us really exist.

As you may have figured out by now, we did arrive safely and post counts are beginning to rise.