Page 385 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2853353753833843853863873954354858851385 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,700 of 67393
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Welcome back, you have been missed.

Dadblasted Big 12 country - why do they think we want to watch Texas? Duke would be a much better choice.

I could probably walk with O Come All Ye Faithful - because I always sing the first verse in Latin - even if no one else does.
    AR fans have special words for the TX fight song. "Texas Bite" instead of "Texas Fight." That should give you the general drift.

I did fine on the first verse. The second and third verses that we sang were totally new to me. We did a total of 5 or 6; the others were familiar. And, of course, the unfamiliar verses came when were processing through the middle of the congregation.

Can I just visit?
    That would work as well.

Be prepared for a very cold Monday - our high tomorrow is supposed to be 7 and then an overnight low of -4. Plus you get to factor in the windchill. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Goody. Something to look forward to. The wind chill in St. Louis is pretty brutal; I had to invest in a longer coat. The coat I bought would be just below knee length on the normal person. On me, it's mid-calf length. That is not necessarily a bad thing.

Is that recipe in the appropriate thread?
    I'll second that request!

I haven't finished my shopping yet and still have to finish my baking. I didn't think we were exchanging presents but it appears that we are. I am going with home made, fair trade purchases, items from stores that support the disabled, and wine.
    I am fairly close to being finished with shopping and haven't even started baking.

Congratulations to YBT, DevilDeac, and ArkieDukie. A very impressive display of posting abilities this morning. The goal by midnight is very doable - and maybe even by 5:30!
    Thanks. The three-way draft was fun!

It seems to be much easier to get up a string of uninterrupted posts during the basketball game. Of course, I'd rather be watching the game. Darn CBS. They're showing Michigan State here.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    It seems to be much easier to get up a string of uninterrupted posts during the basketball game. Of course, I'd rather be watching the game. Darn CBS. They're showing Michigan State here.
    I guess I could put the KU game on - but I am just checking CBS online periodically for a score. I did watch the end of the women's game the other night - OT victory over USC after being down by 17. It was fun.

BTW, DiK, I finally remembered to check out our handbells. THey have that funky German (I think) name; I can't remember what it is. We played Dobrinksi's arrangement of "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" and an arrangement of "Infant Holy, Infant Lowly" that had "Coventry Carol" as an interlude. Both were pretty nice, even though the Dobrinski piece was complete with her usual random time and key signature changes.

We're only 49 posts away from the goal! Should we go for 8000?

I guess I could put the KU game on - but I am just checking CBS online periodically for a score. I did watch the end of the women's game the other night - OT victory over USC after being down by 17. It was fun.
    Yeah, but then you'd have to watch KU...

Of course, Michigan State is playing Texas, so they're showing the same game here, DiK.

Dang. I just checked the scoreboard. We're really whipping Xavier. That would be such fun to watch! Darn CBS!

BTW, DiK, I finally remembered to check out our handbells. THey have that funky German (I think) name; I can't remember what it is. We played Dobrinksi's arrangement of "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" and an arrangement of "Infant Holy, Infant Lowly" that had "Coventry Carol" as an interlude. Both were pretty nice, even though the Dobrinski piece was complete with her usual random time and key signature changes.
    I don't think our handbells could handle a Dobrinski piece - too many new ringers. We will be playing "On This Day Earth Shall Ring" tomorrow and then various members will play during hymns and one of the choir pieces. I wanted to be a little more challenged so I talked another ringer into doing some duets with piano. We played last weekend - "Still, Still, Still" and "O, Come All Ye Faithful". They went pretty well and we impressed people with the number of bells played. It was fun. I wish we had a more dedicated choir - people just don't make practice a priority. Very annoying!

We will be playing for the 5pm Christmas Eve service - it is a piece with bells and narration called "Mary, Joseph, & the Baby". I'm still not sure how many bells I'll end up with - they don't play at the same time so I will probably accumulate a few high and low bells.

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    They should make an exception for GTHC. Small case letters are just not enough to adequately express the emotion of the phrase
    Agreed.

How am I doing with the PW'ing thing? My fingers are getting a little tired, but it's worth it to get us to our goal.
    Excellent work.

69 to go. I'll behave and not make a crude joke
    A wise decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'm taking a break from baking. My dessert goals for tonight's Winter Solstice Dessert Open House - 1 lemon chess pie (pie crust chilling for 2 hours in the fridge as we speak), gingerbread, a baked custard, and mint chocolate snowball cookies. Those cookies are the closest I've ever come to replicating the chocolate peppermint Pop Tarts in flavor. Mmmm. It seems appropriate to reference the Pop Tarts today. They did start all this.
    You should have a Winter Solstice ale, too.

Yeah, but then you'd have to watch KU...
    I know but both my sisters went to KU and it is just 45 minutes down the road. I have to at least try to look like I care.

Best KU story - I went to the NCAA tournament in California a few years ago when Duke played KU. I went with a client, my boss, and another person on KU tickets so I stayed in the KU team hotel. I talked to both Roy "Huckleberry Hound" Williams an d their AD Lew Perkins and let them know I was rooting for Duke. (I saw Perkins at the KU pep rally.) Unfortunately, Duke lost but I stayed for the Sunday game anyway. When I was returning to my room on the 16th floor, two kids in the elevator said to each other that I must be Nick Collison's mom because I was on such a high floor. I thought to myself that I couldn't be Nick Collison's mom - then I did the math and I could have been his mom and would have been out of college when I had him. What a rude awakening.

Thanks. The three-way draft was fun!
    It was hectic. I kept losing my place jumping between pages.