Page 2333 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 133318332233228323232331233223332334233523432383243328333333 ... LastLast
Results 46,641 to 46,660 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    As long as you reserve some for the foundlings. The foundlings are the future.
    I mean, I teach 7th grade…they count as foundlings, right?

Hitting up my local taco cart with the littlest oldest lady around. That’s how you know it’s good.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hitting up my local taco cart with the littlest oldest lady around. That’s how you know it’s good.
    I had to go for my annual physical a little bit ago (YUCK), so I’m headed home with a sack of hot dogs and fries.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I had to go for my annual physical a little bit ago (YUCK), so I’m headed home with a sack of hot dogs and fries.
    watch out for your retroactive lipid test!
    (I do the same thing, hit the local bakery after the lipid profile and prostate massage.)

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Hah hah. Nice.

I read something I found funny today. It’s childish and a bit gutter-humor. I was debating posting but went back and reviewed the decorum rules.

“Posts that use language or ideas that shock Grandma are examples…”

I do not think when the site owners wrote that they had in mind my grandma.

How did no one ever tell me what an amazing town Beaufort, NC is? Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I got to visit Duke’s Marine Lab and surrounding barrier islands on a class trip during my time at Duke. Really cool stuff happening there. Notably, half the class stayed up way too late drinking adult beverages that were way too cheap and sugary. The bus ride home the next day was quiet, miserable and one of the longest of my life.

On your way to Ocracoke or heading home?

I got to visit Duke’s Marine Lab and surrounding barrier islands on a class trip during my time at Duke. Really cool stuff happening there. Notably, half the class stayed up way too late drinking adult beverages that were way too cheap and sugary. The bus ride home the next day was quiet, miserable and one of the longest of my life.
    Plus they know how to pronounce Beaufort, unlike those hicks to the south of them.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    On your way to Ocracoke or heading home?
    To! Here til Sunday. Then a week on Ocracoke.

To! Here til Sunday. Then a week on Ocracoke.
    Eat a pizza at Jason's and think of me.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Eat a pizza at Jason's and think of me.
    We usually stay at Jason's ex-step mother's rental. This is the first time we aren't.

Back from Winnipeg and Saskatoon. The drive between the two cities is 8 hours of featureless prairie. Also Winnipeg has an architectural style I would classify as "19th Century penitentiary style". But Saskatoon was very nice. Also Saskatoon is the furthest North I have ever been in latitude.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Back from Winnipeg and Saskatoon. The drive between the two cities is 8 hours of featureless prairie. Also Winnipeg has an architectural style I would classify as "19th Century penitentiary style". But Saskatoon was very nice. Also Saskatoon is the furthest North I have ever been in latitude.
    I've been to Reykjavik.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I've been to Reykjavik.
    New Zealand is just lovely.

Lovely, voicemails from last week are just now arriving in my voice mailbox. That's service!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I've been to Reykjavik.
    That is really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Saskatoon has always been one of my favorite city names but I've never been.

One summer I drove the AL-CAN highway from Seattle up to Anchorage, Alaska and then down the Kenai. I've also driven up into Canada and along the norther borders of the Great Lakes. Both were great drives. I'd like to get to the Canadian Rockies at some point and would be interested in the Canadian prairie, too. I like big open, empty spaces and that bit of North Dakota has always interested me on a map.

Saskatoon has always been one of my favorite city names but I've never been.

One summer I drove the AL-CAN highway from Seattle up to Anchorage, Alaska and then down the Kenai. I've also driven up into Canada and along the norther borders of the Great Lakes. Both were great drives. I'd like to get to the Canadian Rockies at some point and would be interested in the Canadian prairie, too. I like big open, empty spaces and that bit of North Dakota has always interested me on a map.
    I am hitting Ottawa/Montreal in December, Newfoundland in January, Edmonton/Calgary in February and Vancouver in March or April.