Page 878 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 37877882886887687787887988088892897813781878 ... LastLast
Results 17,541 to 17,560 of 67397
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Nick, Simon and Mike.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Floyds_Brewing

No mention of Pink.

That would be here:

But, I'm not sure she has anything to do with Floyd.
    Well, hopefully, she is at least Comfortably Numb.

If you live in Western NC, get up and go fill your gas tank as soon as possible. Several stations are already out. This happened eight years ago and it was a real mess.

That is today's PSA

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    If you live in Western NC, get up and go fill your gas tank as soon as possible. Several stations are already out. This happened eight years ago and it was a real mess.

That is today's PSA
    Why? What's going on up there?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Why? What's going on up there?
    Leak in major pipeline to East has caused a bit of a shortage in the Southeast. Same problem here is Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Leak in major pipeline to East has caused a bit of a shortage in the Southeast. Same problem here is Georgia.
    Happened here 8 years ago (right before the presidential election also) and it was mass hysteria. Waiting in lines for hours and then not getting gas. That time, there was no national coverage of it - probably to avoid any panic. Made me feel a little crazy though, literally stranded at my house and my sister in Seattle saying she heard zero about it out there.

That was maybe a ten day situation. Any longer and it would have been scary. One of my employees says there were people filling up 10+ gas cans and lots of cursing this morning. I've already seen a few "out" stations.
    Let's go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Happened here 8 years ago (right before the presidential election also) and it was mass hysteria. Waiting in lines for hours and then not getting gas. That time, there was no national coverage of it - probably to avoid any panic. Made me feel a little crazy though, literally stranded at my house and my sister in Seattle saying she heard zero about it out there.

That was maybe a ten day situation. Any longer and it would have been scary. One of my employees says there were people filling up 10+ gas cans and lots of cursing this morning. I've already seen a few "out" stations.
    Loving my hybrid right about now.

Loving my hybrid right about now.
    Yeah, 8 years ago I was commuting about 35 miles a day. Now, it's more like 7. A tank of gas could last me 2+ weeks easy.
    Let's go Duke!

As I sit here in south Texas in 93 degree heat, I don't have to worry about gas as we are only a few hours away from the refineries in Houston/Louisiana. But did I mention it was 93 degrees out?

Re: Posts per day

The issue is that much of the posting was early on, this thread hit 10K in 2009. So, only 1K posts a year for the next 7. And we've picked up the pace considerably recently. Absent any action, there is/was an outside shot that other thread would overtake this one.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    As I sit here in south Texas in 93 degree heat, I don't have to worry about gas as we are only a few hours away from the refineries in Houston/Louisiana. But did I mention it was 93 degrees out?
    Little early in the year for a cold wave, isn't it? Only 93 in south Texas in mid-September.😥

ricks

The issue is that much of the posting was early on, this thread hit 10K in 2009. So, only 1K posts a year for the next 7. And we've picked up the pace considerably recently. Absent any action, there is/was an outside shot that other thread would overtake this one.
    I'll try to do my part to pick up the pace. No thread puts LTE in a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Little early in the year for a cold wave, isn't it? Only 93 in south Texas in mid-September.😥

ricks
    Fortunately, it peaked out at 97.

3 posts about bumper stickers, I long for the old days.

3 posts about bumper stickers, I long for the old days.
    Isn't time for the pumpkin pie poptarts?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Isn't time for the pumpkin pie poptarts?
    Bought some ribeye steaks to grill, but looks like there might be some rain. No bumper stickers will be involved.

Bought some ribeye steaks to grill, but looks like there might be some rain. No bumper stickers will be involved.
    Steaks came out great, Mrs. OPK made some killer squash casserole. Georgious day here today. Watched The Usual Suspects with SonPK. Getting ready for trip to Notre Dame with DaughterPK. Life is good.

Steaks came out great, Mrs. OPK made some killer squash casserole. Georgious day here today. Watched The Usual Suspects with SonPK. Getting ready for trip to Notre Dame with DaughterPK. Life is good.
    Love that movie. And I'm making a burger while I watch the Emmys which is a brief interlude from working from home today. Phew that was a lot.

I painted my porch, washed my car, went to work for a few hours, mowed the yard, fertilized the yard(organic fertilizer), fertilized the trees and watered them. Only thing left is to vacuum the house before getting up early to put another coat of paint on the patio. I don't think the vacuuming is happening.

I painted my porch, washed my car, went to work for a few hours, mowed the yard, fertilized the yard(organic fertilizer), fertilized the trees and watered them. Only thing left is to vacuum the house before getting up early to put another coat of paint on the patio. I don't think the vacuuming is happening.
    Wow. I'm tired just reading about it!

Wow. I'm tired just reading about it!
    The vacuuming didn't happen.