Page 2095 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 109515951995204520852093209420952096209721052145219525953095 ... LastLast
Results 41,881 to 41,900 of 67395
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Can't spork, but can give you a shout-out. I have been trying to figure out just how to make this joke. Now I can steal this!
    You’ll probably be the first to make it there so prepare for all the knee slapping and thumbs ups coming your way!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You’ll probably be the first to make it there so prepare for all the knee slapping and thumbs ups coming your way!
    I'm a walking dad joke.

perfect lawnmowing conditions: 69 degrees, 31% humidity dew point of 37. Commence loud noise.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    perfect lawnmowing conditions: 69 degrees, 31% humidity dew point of 37. Commence loud noise. *None*
    FIFY.

Crushed my slides.

Spent my day cleaning up our flooded kitchen and basement. Waterline under the kitchen sink burst. Fortunately, I was home doing paperwork in the basement when I heard the soaked drop ceiling collapse at the other end of the basement. Was able to run upstairs and turn the cold water shut-off valve off before the whole house flooded. Now have started the insurance process and am waiting on the water restoration folks to show up. Will probably need a new kitchen cabinet, kitchen floor, drop ceiling, and some downstairs furniture restored/replaced.

How's y'all's days going?

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    FIFY.
    I cannot argue with this view.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Spent my day cleaning up our flooded kitchen and basement. Waterline under the kitchen sink burst. Fortunately, I was home doing paperwork in the basement when I heard the soaked drop ceiling collapse at the other end of the basement. Was able to run upstairs and turn the cold water shut-off valve off before the whole house flooded. Now have started the insurance process and am waiting on the water restoration folks to show up. Will probably need a new kitchen cabinet, kitchen floor, drop ceiling, and some downstairs furniture restored/replaced.

What caused the waterline to burst? Might it have been the non metal drain line/hose from your dishwasher? That did a tune on my dropped ceiling in the basement several times before I found a competent guy to fix it...

Sorry to hear. That sucks.

What caused the waterline to burst? Might it have been the non metal drain line/hose from your dishwasher? That did a tune on my dropped ceiling in the basement several times before I found a competent guy to fix it...
    The line from the shutoff valve to the faucet under the sink was that old blue pvc type stuff, which required many folks to replace it (in their yard) for their main water line due to potential for breaking. I didn’t know my kitchen sink had it. I’ve checked other bathrooms sinks to be safe, and they’re all good.

Oh no!!!!! I'm sorry!!!!

Wailing on his bis and tris, bro.

The line from the shutoff valve to the faucet under the sink was that old blue pvc type stuff, which required many folks to replace it (in their yard) for their main water line due to potential for breaking. I didn’t know my kitchen sink had it. I’ve checked other bathrooms sinks to be safe, and they’re all good.
    Sorry that happened to you. One of my main concerns while away from home..,

Rainy Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Rainy Friday.
    Same here.

Apropos of recent conversations regarding ethnic foods in Iowa, I had one of the better gyros of my life in Dubuque a few years ago.

Headed out in a few minutes for an uncle/nibling day. They think I’m wacky and semi-seriously roll their eyes at me very regularly, and that’s exactly what I’m going for.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Sorry that happened to you. One of my main concerns while away from home..,
    Along the burst pipe front, if you want to worry about something when you're gone, worry about your fridge's ice maker if you have it connected. Several appliance dealers I know refuse to hook them up, they have a VERY high failure rate...I know three people who have had their kitchen floors ruined (plus basement damage) due to the shabby parts in those things.

I've got more stuff to worry about if you're interested!

Along the burst pipe front, if you want to worry about something when you're gone, worry about your fridge's ice maker if you have it connected. Several appliance dealers I know refuse to hook them up, they have a VERY high failure rate...I know three people who have had their kitchen floors ruined (plus basement damage) due to the shabby parts in those things.

My neighbors where I grew up ended up replacing 90% of their kitchen thanks to an ice maker. Dug up the floors down to the dirt, replaced all the cabinets, walls up about two feet from the ground.

Left for a month, came home to a hot mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My neighbors where I grew up ended up replacing 90% of their kitchen thanks to an ice maker. Dug up the floors down to the dirt, replaced all the cabinets, walls up about two feet from the ground.

Left for a month, came home to a hot mess.
    Ok, see, my icemaker has quit working, but not a leaking issue. I do not need to hear this.

I worked in an office that had a coffee machine installed one Friday afternoon. It had a small water feed - think McD straw or ice maker sized. We came in Monday morning to a flood, water 50' in each direction from the break room. Computers that were on the floor were fried. Fortunately the vendor got to pay ServPro.

I'll work with 120V. I'll do taps and flaps in sinks and toilets. I won't work with water lines, though!

-jk