Page 559 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 5945950954955755855956056156960965910591559 ... LastLast
Results 11,161 to 11,180 of 67394
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I'll be lucky to make it through the game.
    You can do it!

I'm there with you, sistah. Are you still at your conference?

And thanks!
    Still here. There's a day and a half of lectures to go. At least I don't have to miss those since they put the lecture hall on closed circuit tv in all the rooms. I'll probably miss the big party tomorrow night though Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    I'll probably miss the big party tomorrow night though Sigh.
    Yeah, but from what I hear, there ain't no party like a Brunchgate party. So hopefully you're feeling better by the next one.

Get well wishes to Sue and DukePA!

Had the condo inspected today and discovered that the furnace is 32 years old! That makes me a bit nervous. There were numerous water leaks; the plumber who did the rehab was obviously a bit sloppy. Those are easy to fix, but the furnace is a concern. I'm trying to decide if that's a deal breaker for me. Leaning toward no at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post

Had the condo inspected today and discovered that the furnace is 32 years old! That makes me a bit nervous. There were numerous water leaks; the plumber who did the rehab was obviously a bit sloppy. Those are easy to fix, but the furnace is a concern. I'm trying to decide if that's a deal breaker for me. Leaning toward no at the moment.
    I'm older than that furnance and still going strong...haha!

Where'd everybody go?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Where'd everybody go?
    I think I heard something about a game tonight. (Have to watch late so I don't jinx the team.)

Do in game LTE updates count? It's tied at half BTW.

It worked again!

My new strategy is to start watching the game an hour after tipoff. This approach seems to help the team win.

My new strategy is to start watching the game an hour after tipoff. This approach seems to help the team win.
    I finally found my missing earring Sunday morning. I lost it two weeks ago. Is it your strategy or the finding of the lost Duke blue sapphire earring. Nothing like having irrational superstitions!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I finally found my missing earring Sunday morning. I lost it two weeks ago. Is it your strategy or the finding of the lost Duke blue sapphire earring. Nothing like having irrational superstitions!
    I don't have blue sapphire earrings. Maybe I should?

I don't have blue sapphire earrings. Maybe I should?
    Of course you should. These are a souvenir from the youth mission trip last summer. On the way home, a friend let all the girls play in his jewelry store for a few hours. I think the adult females had as much fun as the teen females.

A new condo furnace would probably run less than $5K (basing that off of replacing a house furnace two years ago for $6K); can you lower your offer, or ask the current resident to replace?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Of course you should. These are a souvenir from the youth mission trip last summer. On the way home, a friend let all the girls play in his jewelry store for a few hours. I think the adult females had as much fun as the teen females.
    Well clearly that explains it. I never got to "play" in a jewelery store. If I had, I might never have left.

32 year old furnace

Originally Posted by ArkieDukie

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    A new condo furnace would probably run less than $5K (basing that off of replacing a house furnace two years ago for $6K); can you lower your offer, or ask the current resident to replace?
    I would highly recommend following DA's suggestion. A 32 year old furnace is not to be ignored. By its age (and your location), it is obviously NOT a heat pump - they only last about 10 years, if you're lucky, and they weren't around way back in 1976. Well, maybe they were, but they were horribly inefficient compared to today's, or even yesterday's equipment. Is it an oil furnace/boiler, gas or electric? I have no idea what they cost to replace, but you should. And negotiate it's complete repair or some sort of multi-year warranty on it if they won't replace it now. Your seller doesn't want to lose a willing and qualified buyer in this market - YOU are in the driver's seat, not the seller!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

See if you can get a home owner's warranty that specifically covers that item.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm older than that furnance and still going strong...haha!
    Yea, but she can probably get a warranty on that item. Do you come with a warranty?

Sue71, congratulations on your award!!! Hope you're feeling better soon.

DukePA, sorry you're not feeling well either. Don't worry about Saturday if you're not up to it.

ArkieDukie, hmm, not sure what words of wisdom to impart other than I think you should heed DA's and Ozzie's advice.

To everyone else, hope ya'll have a great day.

48 hours till the big move begins. Cannot wait for this to be over.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Tilly's back!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Tilly's back!!!!!
    Feels good be home again.