Page 281 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1812312712792802812822832913313817811281 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,620 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Only 2 days to go until the election! Yippee! My polling place is in the lobby of my apartment building, so it will be incredibly easy to vote. Hypothetically speaking, I could go downstairs when the polls open at 6. I'm hoping the lines won't be as long then.
    So did you beat the lines and were you in your jammies when you voted?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Is your b-day in November as well? My mom's is tomorrow, mine is upcoming. I'll be "29" again!
    Happy Birthday to DA's mom!!!!

Is your b-day in November as well? My mom's is tomorrow, mine is upcoming. I'll be "29" again!
    Happy birthday to your Mom.

So you stopped having b-days and began having anniversaries too? (1st anniversary of my 29th b-day, 2nd anniversary, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    So did you beat the lines and were you in your jammies when you voted?
    Line was already around the block when I woke up, so I got ready for work and got in the massive line at 6:40. It took about 1.5 hrs to vote.

Line was already around the block when I woke up, so I got ready for work and got in the massive line at 6:40. It took about 1.5 hrs to vote.
    Holy voting line, batman!

I got to the polls at 6:55 am. The parking lot was jammed. Inside, there was no line. In and out in < 5 minutes.

The only reason it took so long was that I had to study the instructions on how to fill in the circles properly.

Congratulations on successfully voting. I hope I don't have to stand in line that long. I vote at a Denny's so at least I can find food if the line is too long. And afterwards I can go by the Krispy Kreme next door for a free star shaped donut.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Holy voting line, batman!

I got to the polls at 6:55 am. The parking lot was jammed. Inside, there was no line. In and out in < 5 minutes.

The only reason it took so long was that I had to study the instructions on how to fill in the circles properly.
    Did you have to use a No2 pencil?

Did you have to use a No2 pencil?
    No pencil, it was a black felt tip pen.

Free stuff!

Starbucks, Krispy Kreme, and Ben & Jerry's are giving away freebies today. I'm not sure of all the details.

Some reports say Starbucks first offered free coffee to people who voted. That violated some election laws, so no its one free tall coffee for everyone.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Starbucks, Krispy Kreme, and Ben & Jerry's are giving away freebies today.
    Three franchises that are nowhere near me. Maybe they can mail me a donut.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Three franchises that are nowhere near me. Maybe they can mail me a donut.
    Do you want me to mail you my free donut if I figure out how to get it? The Krispy Kreme is right next to my polling place.

1005AM in Kentucky

It took ILJ and me 45 minutes to vote (40 minute wait, 4 minute to sign & get code, 1 minute to vote).

Then, ILJ and I got free coffee at Starbuck's. Didn't know about the Krispy Kreme (although I prefer Dunkin Donuts).

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I don't know what it is about Massachusetts but we've got that voting thing down. Do you have the same experience Ymo? I've only ever had to wait in a significant line once when due to some construction they combined two precincts into one location. And still I was out in about a half hour. Today I had to wait for one person in front of me to check in. Took less than 5 minutes. I think we have really small precincts or some such. Massachusetts, where we get some things right! Should be the state motto, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I don't know what it is about Massachusetts but we've got that voting thing down. Do you have the same experience Ymo? I've only ever had to wait in a significant line once when due to some construction they combined two precincts into one location. And still I was out in about a half hour. Today I had to wait for one person in front of me to check in. Took less than 5 minutes. I think we have really small precincts or some such. Massachusetts, where we get some things right! Should be the state motto, I think.
    I did have one snafu voting in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

The last time I voted there, I went with a woman who lived in the same building I did. Turns out, we had to go to two separate locations so we each could vote. No idea why that was, don't really care now.

I know a lot of polling stations are in churches, schools, community centers, shopping malls, etc. but there are also some interesting places that people vote. What is the most interesting location you have voted?

I have voted in a bowling alley and now that precinct votes at a Denny's. Others?

I know a lot of polling stations are in churches, schools, community centers, shopping malls, etc. but there are also some interesting places that people vote. What is the most interesting location you have voted?

I have voted in a bowling alley and now that precinct votes at a Denny's. Others?
    Elementary school; a church; a library; and this year, my couch!

(Washington's moving to an all mail-in system. Frankly, I miss getting my "I voted" sticker. I still have mine from 2000 & 2004.)

(Washington's moving to an all mail-in system. Frankly, I miss getting my "I voted" sticker. I still have mine from 2000 & 2004.)
    I don't like the "I voted" sticker. I understand why they are used, but just like the volunteer work I do, and the money I donate, I prefer to keep that type of stuff to myself.

Since I typically vote on the way home from work and am going nowhere else, I don't usually take the sticker.

I may have to take it so I can go get CB&B his free Krispy Kreme donut.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Since I typically vote on the way home from work and am going nowhere else, I don't usually take the sticker.

I may have to take it so I can go get CB&B his free Krispy Kreme donut.
    You can forward my free donut(s) to ...

Brunchgate
    Lot B-3
    Wannamaker Dr., Durham, N.C.

Must be delivered before Saturday.

Sometimes I enjoy eating noodles with only butter.