Page 2559 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 15592059245925092549255725582559256025612569260926593059 ... LastLast
Results 51,161 to 51,180 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Did anyone comment about your aftershave?
    Oh, everyone did. And then they showed me to my office and closed the door. What a sign of approval!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I saw that and I think all of you are correct. It is a measurement tool that has real-world consequences. Also, there ain't nothing you can do about it. So watching it and thinking about it and worrying about it seems asinine to me. I have so many pet peeves about sports, but one of them is that people have the tendency to look for connections even when those connections aren't anything real. People who worry about Duke's seeding and whether or not they have won at a particular number are assuming there is some sort of correlation between the Championships Duke has won and the seed. I think some of them Express that the seed Duke gets has some sort of relationship with how Duke will finish. I don't think that's even remotely possible. How Duke has done at a particular seed is a snapshot of the past and has no provable correlation moving forward. Now if one were to say that the better Duke teams get the higher seed and have more success, well I'm not sure that's a news flash. I look at Ken Pomeroy's site to see how Duke is defensively. I never worry about how Duke is offensively. Having said that, I would also argue that your defensive rank is an average and doesn't mean much on a per-game basis. Sometimes the other team just jumps up and makes shots regardless of how good your defense is.
    Winning it all has nothing to do with our seed and everything to do with the location of the Final Four.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Winning it all has nothing to do with our seed and everything to do with the location of the Final Four.
    Sigh.

Only bad people play fantasy sports. Fight me!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    And the Final Four is in New Orleopolis this year!

-jk

Disabled UNC student has repeatedly asked for a ground floor dorm room. This is unbelievable and totally unacceptable.

https://abc11.com/unc-wheelchair-lau...nded/11640530/

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Disabled UNC student has repeatedly asked for a ground floor dorm room. This is unbelievable and totally unacceptable.

https://abc11.com/unc-wheelchair-lau...nded/11640530/
    It's unconscionable and embarrassing as a graduate.

It's unconscionable and embarrassing as a graduate.
    It's like they never heard of the American Disabilities Act.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Thanks for asking.

Was just some onboarding and a staff meeting. I'll be 40 hours starting Monday.

But it was great! There's an office dog (don't you dare tell my home dogs), the people seem affable and passionate, my office has a door.

I'm very excited. I think it's going to be an excellent fit.
    Nice. Sounds like a good gig!

And, yeah, my dog won’t even let me look at another dog without giving me the what for.

It's like they never heard of the American Disabilities Act.
    Yes. And the real problem is the non statement. This is a real problem for large organizations, and that's exactly what universities are. They are so afraid to make a mistake that they fail to take responsibility. They protect the institution rather than the individual. And that college is going to be there either way, but the individual in question here is the person who needs support and protection. All they need to say is this was a screw up and we made a mistake we will Rectify it. It's not complicated.

Thanks for asking.

Was just some onboarding and a staff meeting. I'll be 40 hours starting Monday.

But it was great! There's an office dog (don't you dare tell my home dogs), the people seem affable and passionate, my office has a door.

I'm very excited. I think it's going to be an excellent fit.
    I heard your new organization monitors internet access and activity. I guess their gain is DBR's loss
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

I heard your new organization monitors internet access and activity. I guess their gain is DBR's loss
    Ah yes. Tiny nonprofits have the resources to micromanage the internet history of their employees.

Ah yes. Tiny nonprofits have the resources to micromanage the internet history of their employees.
    That's what they want you to think.

That's what they want you to think.
    Exactly! They don't make any money, what else are they gonna do with their time?
    Rich

Yes. And the real problem is the non statement. This is a real problem for large organizations, and that's exactly what universities are. They are so afraid to make a mistake that they fail to take responsibility. They protect the institution rather than the individual. And that college is going to be there either way, but the individual in question here is the person who needs support and protection. All they need to say is this was a screw up and we made a mistake we will Rectify it. It's not complicated.
    I believe she said there are at least eight other wheelchair-bound students on campus. It is every college's obligation to provide accessible housing for these students. It cannot be that difficult to make sure that you have a few ground-floor, roll-in shower dorm rooms if needed. Others can occupy if not needed. Just like hotels.

I believe she said there are at least eight other wheelchair-bound students on campus. It is every college's obligation to provide accessible housing for these students. It cannot be that difficult to make sure that you have a few ground-floor, roll-in shower dorm rooms if needed. Others can occupy if not needed. Just like hotels.
    Their answer would be that the individual rooms are all accessible. And they are...until they aren't when the elevator goes down. I call this a "Commissioner of Common Sense" issue. How is there not someone in the room who anticipated this issue? Things fail.

Exactly! They don't make any money, what else are they gonna do with their time?
    I'm also not anticipating a drug test. Hmmm...

My dog lets me see other dogs, and I let her see other people.

We have an open arrangement.

They probably want you to keep playing Wordle, especially the archive version that you can play all day long.
    Rich

Did you study?