Page 34 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644841345341034 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Can't wait! Unfortunately, my company is having our 2008 kick-off meeting downtown tomorrow morning. Getting downtown won't be super fun in the middle of a blizzard.
    My company just wisely moved this meeting back to Thursday, so I don't need to worry about getting downtown tomorrow morning. Now that that's out of the way, I say bring on the blizzard. Here's hoping the thing hangs off the coast and dumps 20" on us.

Inching ever closer to our milestone, hope no one locks us down! I'm only 4.8 miles away from work so have no excuse to not be there. After the first couple of snow events, they realized this Southern boy could get around decently enough. I did sign up for AAA just in case...

In the interest of BTT without totally PWing, I'll add a little value (probably comedic) by picking today's NFL playoff games.

Dallas by 16 over NY
    Indy by 21 over SD

And one more prediction for good measure:
    Duke by 14 over UVA

(Note: If we lose to UVA, I didn't say that.)
    Okay, 0 for 2...so far. And not on the point spread...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Okay, 0 for 2...so far. And not on the point spread...
    Yep, happy to be 0-2. Easy game for the Pats, and a home game for Favre. Gets us much closer to the dream Packers / Pats Super Bowl. I predict record ratings if that comes to pass, but you know how good I am at making predictions.

Snow!

It's still falling hard here north of Boston. Looks like we may get 12" or more, depending on how long this thing sits off the coast.

Working from home and shoveling today. I love this time of year.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    It's still falling hard here north of Boston. Looks like we may get 12" or more, depending on how long this thing sits off the coast.

Working from home and shoveling today. I love this time of year.
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Seriously?
    Absolutely. Every time it snows, I'm giddy as a school kid. I love working from home, I love shoveling, I love cocoa, I love bundling up, I love watching the dog snow plow through drifts with his mouth open, eating everything he can. Snow is fun!

Having grown up in 90 degree / 100% humidity summers, I love me some cold weather.

Absolutely. Every time it snows, I'm giddy as a school kid. I love working from home, I love shoveling, I love cocoa, I love bundling up, I love watching the dog snow plow through drifts with his mouth open, eating everything he can. Snow is fun!

Having grown up in 90 degree / 100% humidity summers, I love me some cold weather.
    I'm totally with you Billybreen. I can be sick, but if it snows it helps heal me instantly. It turns me into an eight year old instantly.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen a snowfall of more than an inch or two since moving here to Atlanta in 1995. God I miss it.

That's one of the things I loved about watching the Green Bay game the other night. Snow is magical. Even Brett Favre was throwing snowballs and acting giddy. Of course, their were other factors for that two...like winning. But he had said earlier in the day that he'd been watching the forecast the whole day before, hoping it would snow like crazy. Said he always wanted to play in a game like that.

I am in love with Brett Farve. He's my age, and kicking A.

-EarlJam

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    So billy and Earl, how about you come over and take my sons off my hands for the day? You can take them sledding and I'll get some peace and quiet.

So billy and Earl, how about you come over and take my sons off my hands for the day? You can take them sledding and I'll get some peace and quiet.
    Sledding? Holy crap. I'd do that in a heartbeat if I could transport myself to Boston like they used to do on Star Trek. "Beam me up!"

I think the last time I went sledding I busted my chin up on a street curb. It was awesome!

Here in Atlanta, we haven't even had our first ice storm yet.

-EarlJam

By the time I get to Newton it'll be midnight

Patriots 78, Chargers 0, Peyton Manning 103 (18 holes), Tony Romo 29 (jello shots in cabo with Jessica Simpson).

FYI - today is National Dress Up Your Pet Day.

Tomorrow is National Hat Day.

Celebrate!

longest

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post

Celebrate!
    1. Oh, no, more silly pet pix(has any one seen the 10 pages or so in the December Land's End catalogue with various canines in cardigans, vests, squall jackets,etc-freakin' hilarious). We had a cocker spaniel once and we thought we were a bit odd dressing her in various holiday garb. Our favorite was a white beard and a red hat. Her name was Sandy, so(drum roll please), Sandy Claws.

2. Hats-arrggghh!!!. I asked one of the folks I work with if he could return from NYC last month with a corned beef, a pastrami, a 'Woody Allen' and a club sandwich from the Carnegie. I even loaned him a collapsible cooler he could put in his luggage for the flight up to NY and then expand it, filling it with large quantities of flesh and some ice to keep it from spoiling. You know what he filled my cooler with? Yea, 4 d@mn hats his wife had bought and she thanked me 'cuz there wasn't a crease or dent in any of them!. You know what I got? Three slices of four day old wheat bread and a packet each of mayonaisse and yellow mustard. I need to go take a sedative now AND a blood pressure pill.

p.s. At least OZZIE was kind enough to return from the Carnegie last month after the Duke-Pitt game with 3 huge sandwiches for me with all the fixins'. There is another endorsement for his nomination for the AD position. He always delivers. Thanks, OZ!(again)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post

Celebrate!
    I love hats! My goal on my last trip to England was to buy a real English hat I could wear to church. I am happy to report the trip was a success. Would never spend the amount of money I spent on that hat again. But, you only live once and I have no regrets.

Per the shop girl, I qualified for a free hat box because my hat was over the minimum cost to get a free box. Thankfully I had the box as my hat survived the trip home without a nick or bend that didn't belong there.

I don't dress up my cats. For cats, I believe that is a form of cruelty. Thus billybreen would be all over me for being cruel and I just can't handle that.

Yogurt

I'm looking for yogurt that has no added sugar and no added fake sugar. Anybody know a good no sugar added yogurt? I've been eating Stonyfield Farms, and like it, but some of their yogurt has added sugar. I think their plain yogurt does not have any added sugar.

Smile Why does yogurt have to be sweet?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I'm looking for yogurt that has no added sugar and no added fake sugar. Anybody know a good no sugar added yogurt? I've been eating Stonyfield Farms, and like it, but some of their yogurt has added sugar. I think their plain yogurt does not have any added sugar.
    Many plain yogurts will work for you. The sugar content in many of these is solely from the milk itself. Fruit-juice sweetening is also pretty common here in the US. When I'm abroad, I usually find myself having more plain yogurt mixed with fresh fruit (especially in the tropics). Usually I find that the fruit added gives me plenty of sweetness. If you're in the Midwest, the BlueBunny line of "superfruit" yogurts don't have added sugar, and are low on sugar count. If you want to avoid all Splenda/fruitjuice added varieties, plain is probably the way to go. Depending on what fruit's in season, I will mix in some fresh banana, papaya, and avocado to a plain. A good mango in a plain yogurt can be quite tasty.

In many places yogurt is served without sweetness. You might consider a recipe for a plain yogurt-based lasse (Indian yogurt drink). You might also check the Stonyfield or Trader Joe (here I am mixing in another thread) Greek-style yogurts.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Thanks for the yogurt tips, Lavabe. I like fructose from fruit. But I've come to believe that processed sugar (and processed flour) are the devil. Maybe the only "food" product more evil is trans fat.

Nothing better than a whole milk plain yogurt with fresh berries mixed in. Yummy and healthy. Fat gets a bad rap. We need fat in our diets. 25% to 30% fat is good.

I think I killed the thread with yogurt. Death by yogurt.

I just bought a big bucket of Stonyfield Farms Organic Plain Whole Milk Yogurt and some dried figs. Very tasty. Dried figs are really sweet.

If I eat this stuff a few more times I'll be so healthy that my aura will cure global warming.

No one wants to talk about yogurt, for yogurt is dumb.