Page 30 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240801305301030 ... LastLast
    Definitely an angry dog in the sweater.

Years ago, my sister bought red boots for our dog, Charlie Brown, for Christmas. Our mother told her she was nuts if she thought the boots would be put on the dog everytime he went out in wet weather. We ended up only putting the boots on when we wanted to make him walk funny - he would lift his legs really high to try to rub the boots off against his body. Definitely a mean streak in all of us when we were kids. (It was along the lines of putting tape on a cat's paws - or so I have heard.)

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I love the animal pics. Ooo, maybe we should start posting pet pics in this thread.
    Yes, I think that's the way to go.

Good Fortune Cookie

"a sound mind and healthy body bring many happy events to your family"

now i just have to work on the sound mind and the healthy body part

Moving thread BTTT.

I'm dying to know what the number is and who wins a scarf. If I were a cat, I'd be dead (curiosity killed the cat).

I think it is 599

If we guess the number before we reach the winning post, do we win a prize?

(padding the count here)

I'm pretty sure it's 586. BostonDevil is all about the Pentiums.

Something useless

Care to see a 17,826 word palindrome? I didn't think so, but there it is anyway.

Okay, animal pics it is...

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    Patrick Davidson once wore a scarf. It was called Chris Paul.

The scarf was not happy, but you can see the effects of touching Patrick Davidson if you watch the scarf's NBA numbers.
    Even if you don't win the scarf, a winning post! The infamous Patrick Davidson thread was my favorite ever. Burma Shav runs second.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    To return to an earlier topic, "Roman Legion Hare" is an outstanding Looney Tunes short.

Ah, yes. "Roman Legion Hare" is good as well. Along with the Bugs and Daffy duo, Bugs and Yosemite Sam can always make me laugh.

I saw a Looney Tunes boxed set at the local Costco. I think it was the first 5 volumes for around $149. Does it seem a reasonable price?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Even if you don't win the scarf, a winning post! The infamous Patrick Davidson thread was my favorite ever. Burma Shav runs second.
    But with post number 589, you do win the scarf.

Congratulations ArkieDukie!

Now, the rest of you, why post 589?

depends on which set...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I saw a Looney Tunes boxed set at the local Costco. I think it was the first 5 volumes for around $149. Does it seem a reasonable price?
    The 4-disc sets run close to $50. Seems like the 2-disc sets are around $25.

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

You made my day!

589 popped into my head as being some singificant number in terms of wins for Coach K. I'm probably way off on this, though.

Did someone graduate in May of '89? Danny Ferry?
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Ugh, I was only two off! So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

I'm going to guess that there was some significant event in May 1989 - your graduation from our fine alma mater?

Oh, and no need to post pet pics -- I do it quite frequently, on a per-post basis, actually.

Pet pics that, IMHO, rival all pet pics. Think I'm biased?

Katie is 15yo. She was born in Vermont. Her favorite food comes in the can and her best trait is time keeping. She tells me when it's time to feed her and when it's time to make the bed she lets me sleep in. Isn't that sweet of her, she let's me sleep in her bed.

Spencer is 8yo. He was born here in Raleigh about 20 feet from my back door. Spencer is a feral cat who has become domesticated. I rescued him when he was about 2 months old off my back porch along with his two brothers. Spencer's favorite activities include cuddling with me and playing with q-tips. He will open the drawer where they are kept and take a bunch out to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Oh, and no need to post pet pics -- I do it quite frequently, on a per-post basis, actually.
    So do I, but there's always room for more. Speaking of which, here's the dude sleeping on my lap on the drive back to Boston from Charleston.