Page 2 of 3362 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Not like chocolate and peppermint together? What about peppermint bark, or hot chocolate with candy canes or York Peppermint Patties. Ok, so I like the combination.
    Eeeeew. I just don't get it. I know lots of people do. I don't.

Since I started do I get to make the rules? Number of posts, not length, so posts like bump just add to the fun.

Well, if there's no way to beat Bush and Battier, perhaps we can just go for longest off topic thread.

Note on the pop tarts, I haven't had one of those chocolate/peppermint ones for years. Not like chocolate and peppermint together? What about peppermint bark, or hot chocolate with candy canes or York Peppermint Patties. Ok, so I like the combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Strawberry with Frosting on mine, please. (Anyone remember Paula Poundstone's comedic bit about Poptarts, and how she couldn't open a box without eating all 6? So true.)

I think if we just pulled a "moderator" and moved all of Earljam's random threads into one (kind of like moving all the coaching discussions into one), we'd end up with the longest thread in the history of BB postings.

BTTT!
    haha

I like blueberry with frosting.

Forget poptarts, how 'bout some toaster strudles! Mmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    This thread will have to go a long long way to equal the "Bush Mispronounces Battier" thread that is, if I am not mistaken, the longest thread ever here at DBR.
    How long did that go for? We had just shy of 700 posts for the recent football coach thread...

I don't know if this thread will reach 700 posts or not. It's hard to say. Any predictions? I have my doubts. And frankly, it's getting late and I'm too plum tuckered out to care, so I think I'm gonna hit the hay. G'NITE!

My daughter loves them, but I always thought that pop-tarts were a bit like eating iced cardboard. Which begs the question, why haven't pop-tart houses replaced gingerbread houses? It would seem like a natural progression to me.

Peppermint Brownies

I put peppermint flavor in my brownie mix. Everybody who eats them loves them. Or is that when I put chocolate chips in my brownies? Yeah, that's it. But people do rave about my peppermint brownies.

Talking Paging Capn Poptart!!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Eeeeew. I just don't get it. I know lots of people do. I don't.
    When did that Pop Tart flavor come about? Why did it come about?

It was the 70's! It was the time when all we had to listen to was Wild Cherry, the BeeGees, KC & the Sunshine Band, Donna Summer, and Fleetwood Mac. And as we know, Fleetwood Mac .... (well... at least colchar and I can agree that TUSK sucks). And on the TV, we had What's Happening!

Okay ... we had Peter Frampton too. But we also had Peter Frampton & the BeeGees star in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (the movie). The 70's gave us a number of bizarre things.

So it comes as no surprise that in this climate the Kelloggs' folks came up with this mysterious and groovy flavor. It was the 70's. I tried the flavor once or twice. Yes, it was good (I have yet to experience a bad poptart flavor).

But I will defer to the DBR user who should know most about this topic: Capn Poptart.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

P.S. Devil Alumna: Hopefully my response has now linked this topic to a previous EJam random thought thread.

Strawberry pop tarts with frosting...nothing will do. All other Pop Tarts are just child's play.

I say we go for it.

Earlier today I posted that I felt like startin' somethin' and this is the idea I've now come up with.

C'mon folks, who's with me?

Random thought of the day for me: I really miss those chocolate Pop Tarts with the peppermint filling. Whatever happened to those? I might have been the only person who liked them, but I really, really, really liked them.

How long will it take to get to 1000 posts, do you think? Never?
    Looks like I am the only one working the night shift, so this might take a while.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Those PopTarts lasted until at least the '80s because I remember having some in college but I probably haven't had one since. Sigh.

I have decided we're going for the longest Off Topic thread so the football coach one doesn't count.

I have decided I'm not the only one who gets to make rules.

I have decided that I can fly, oops, dropped into EarlJam's acid thread.

I have decided that moving all of EarlJam's wonderous threads into this one would be cheating on the concept.

I have decided to go to bed.

Not to be a negative nelly, but we're all gonna have to do a lot of PW'ing to make this the longest thread on DBR; I mean, the Pitt post-game thread has already generated over 150 posts in 4+ hours; this one's only on 32.

Come on, party people, dig deep and click that reply button!

Okay, here goes another. The Pitt game was interesting, then it was over. Somewhere along the line we ended up with less points than the other team. But today is a new day. What will happen today?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Not to be a negative nelly, but we're all gonna have to do a lot of PW'ing to make this the longest thread on DBR; I mean, the Pitt post-game thread has already generated over 150 posts in 4+ hours; this one's only on 32.

Come on, party people, dig deep and click that reply button!
    Yes, this is going to be difficult if we only have a few of us doing this. Perhaps if we hijacked another. Because for a brief moment I was Chris Duhon at 819.

Okay, I'm probably breaking a rule here...by posting a 3rd time in a row. But we do need to recruit some help. Some other thoughts:

1) Keep the posts to some sort of minimum. I mean there is only so much you want to transmit in coherent thought in a thread like this.
    2) Post whore is in neither wikitionary or wikipedia...does it not exist?
    3) It still kinda sucks having lost to Pitt last night. Someone summarized it fairly well in saying that you could see this loss coming late in the first and early in the second half. Not that it was a loss necessarily, but that we weren't going to pull away for the win. Perhaps that is the better way to characterize it.

I'm in!

Think Pitt would have won last night if it was a square b'ball instead?

Probably, but a dodecahedron basketobject would have guaranteed us a win.

I PW'ing every where, gotta generate some momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Okay, here goes another. The Pitt game was interesting, then it was over. Somewhere along the line we ended up with less points than the other team. But today is a new day. What will happen today?
    Just woke up. Thanks for holding down the fort on the night shift. Was thinking... and this is just a very small nit here, but shouldn't it be "fewer points?" I could be wrong, and if so, I apologize.