Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OJ Simpson (1947-2024)

Very complicated relationship with one of the great athletes of all-time.

In any event, he could not outrun cancer.

https://twitter.com/TheRealOJ32/stat...30029350707380

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Lived a longer life than the people he murdered.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

RIP Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    This. Taken way too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Co-sign.

So many great norm Macdonald jokes come to mind

Quote Originally Posted by J4Kop99 View Post
    So many great norm Macdonald jokes come to mind
    RIP Norm. One of the greats.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    This. Taken way too soon.
    Judge Ito and Judge Cannon...two icons of American jurisprudence.

Mimosas in hell today?

Saw him get arrested in Vegas in that sports memorobilia thing.

I am by no means excusing is almost certain committing of two murders, but I do wonder if O.J. Simpson had CTE or they will be doing an autopsy. Just so many of these guys have gotten CT and end up harming themselves through suicide or seem to have trouble with emotional regulation,

it’s not an excuse for the behavior, but I do wonder about CTE and it’s effects. I have to say it’s made me much less a fan of professional football and I watch almost no college football.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by chris13 View Post
    I am by no means excusing is almost certain committing of two murders, but I do wonder if O.J. Simpson had CTE or they will be doing an autopsy. Just so many of these guys have gotten CT and end up harming themselves through suicide or seem to have trouble with emotional regulation,

it’s not an excuse for the behavior, but I do wonder about CTE and it’s effects. I have to say it’s made me much less a fan of professional football and I watch almost no college football.
    He didn't kill them after simply going off in a spur of the moment blinding rage, he planned it.
    It's sad that he's been given this RIP thread, which have always been for celebrating those that left a meaningful impact on us. He didn't leave anything meaningful other than ruined lives.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Yep. No RIP from me. I prefer BIH for him.

Turd of a guy no doubt, but for those who got to see him play he was one of those rare athletes who was so much better than all the other guys. In the end I guess that doesn't count for much.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    He didn't kill them after simply going off in a spur of the moment blinding rage, he planned it.
    It's sad that he's been given this RIP thread, which have always been for celebrating those that left a meaningful impact on us. He didn't leave anything meaningful other than ruined lives.
    I appreciate the comment in parens in the subject of this thread, but perhaps we should go one step further to "OJ Simpson Died"?

I'm trying to imagine what the car ride would have been like today with Twitter/X - I think the internet would have exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I appreciate the comment in parens in the subject of this thread, but perhaps we should go one step further to "OJ Simpson Died"?
    P can stand for lots of stuff. It can also be used phonetically.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Turd of a guy no doubt, but for those who got to see him play he was one of those rare athletes who was so much better than all the other guys. In the end I guess that doesn't count for much.
    All due respect, but I don't think "turd of a guy" begins to cover it when we are talking about a longtime domestic violence perpetrator and ultimately a double murderer.

I guess the Goldmans never quite saw the money they were owed from that civil verdict, did they? I'm shocked . . .

RIP (I guess?) OJ Simpson
    This thread has a terrible, borderline irresponsible title and the responses have been going pretty much the way I had expected. It's particularly egregious because it's trying to be cute, but it just sounds like we're not sure that he's dead.

I've said in the past that I'd be a moderator if my only task was to fix the obituary headlines so that they follow this format:

OJ Simpson (1947-2024)

No sentiment at all. Newsworthy. This is a person who lived and died. Bring your own baggage to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    All due respect, but I don't think "turd of a guy" begins to cover it when we are talking about a longtime domestic violence perpetrator and ultimately a double murderer.

I guess the Goldmans never quite saw the money they were owed from that civil verdict, did they? I'm shocked . . .
    I guess I'll try to be more graphic in the future. I didn't mean turd as a compliment.