Page 1189 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 1896891089113911791187118811891190119111991239128916892189 ... LastLast
Results 23,761 to 23,780 of 67668
    I woke up this morning to find myself in a Crazy Zack's NMB t-shirt. Not uire what that means...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I woke up this morning to find myself in a Crazy Zack's NMB t-shirt. Not uire what that means...
    Is it Beach Week already?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Is it Beach Week already?
    Must be the pre-party. I wonder when that place closed down? T-shirt had to be 25 years old.

Sounds like that T-shirt has had a few experiences

My wife is going out of town for a long weekend starting today, so sign me up for a lot of Beanie Weenees and no-pants time.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    My wife is going out of town for a long weekend starting today, so sign me up for a lot of Beanie Weenees and no-pants time.
    Will you be watching football all day on Sunday?

Also - the Presidential Election thread is already starting to wonder if they might pass us by having 1000 more pages in the next 13-14 months. Bless their hearts.

I do read that thread some, from time to time, and I've posted a couple of comments, but, in the end, I have to admit, they collectively keep saying the same thing over and over and over again. It's boring. There just aren't enough different points of view to sustain interest.

We ended up enrolling my youngest son in boarding school for high school. He is going through some struggles that are fairly common among young teens who have survived childhood cancers and the big (high pressure) local high school was not going to cut it for him.

But that means I'm an empty nester 4 years before I thought I would be. Although not a completely empty nester because he comes home most weekends mostly to see his guinea pigs and to go to fencing but I'm happy for that. Best of both worlds really. Boarding is going to be good for him but coming home on the weekends will be too.

I hope he is settling into his new school situation. He deserves only happy things from now on. (As do you.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I do read that thread some... It's boring.
    Amen sister.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Two years ago today, my cat Mason passed. I miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Where to vacation in November? St. Lucia is the leader in the clubhouse.
    So, did St. Lucia win the tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, did St. Lucia win the tournament?
    Still up for debate until the flights are booked, BUT Hawaii made a late push and is currently the front-runner.

Hawaii, the land of my people...

Someonenused the term petabyte at work yesterday. I decided I needed a chicken fajita pita after they said that. And I have ben callled a PITA on more than one occasion.

We ended up enrolling my youngest son in boarding school for high school. He is going through some struggles that are fairly common among young teens who have survived childhood cancers and the big (high pressure) local high school was not going to cut it for him.

But that means I'm an empty nester 4 years before I thought I would be. Although not a completely empty nester because he comes home most weekends mostly to see his guinea pigs and to go to fencing but I'm happy for that. Best of both worlds really. Boarding is going to be good for him but coming home on the weekends will be too.

Ahh, this explains the funk.

Will you be watching football all day on Sunday?
    I'll watch a good bit on Saturday, but not one snap on Sunday.
    The NFL can kiss my gooch.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I'll watch a good bit on Saturday, but not one snap on Sunday.
    The NFL can kiss my gooch.
    All football is getting fundamentally unwatchable. I think that's why God invented VCRs and DVRs and the interwebz. Half an hour on Saturday and Sunday after supper, and I see all I need to see, and know all I need to know, and I can spend my fall afternoons outside in the fresh air.

Football fills the necessary gap between when the Buccos turn into a laughingstock and basketball season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    All football is getting fundamentally unwatchable. I think that's why God invented VCRs and DVRs and the interwebz. Half an hour on Saturday and Sunday after supper, and I see all I need to see, and know all I need to know, and I can spend my fall afternoons outside in the fresh air.

Football fills the necessary gap between when the Buccos turn into a laughingstock and basketball season starts.
    I still watch the Chiefs when I can - it gives me good family memories of time spent at games with my father, one sister and her husband. However, church has taken a chunk of my watching time away. Left the house just before the end of the first half last weekend for youth group, listening to the last of the half on the radio, and the game was over before youth group ended. The Chiefs and Raiders were nice enough to not score again so the ending score was the same as the half time score. I just erased the last of the game from my DVR. Other NFL games are occasionally on the TV as background noise.