Page 1028 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2852892897810181026102710281029103010381078112815282028 ... LastLast
Results 20,541 to 20,560 of 67382
    Wince! Sorry for the BiL's impending surgery. That, as the kids say, bites.

Thanks all for the birthday wishes, too. They sure seem to get closer...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Weather lulled us into a false sense of security this am. They had predicted freezing rain but the temp was 37 and road surfaces were reported as warm enough to avoid freezing. Unfortunately, my brother-in-law found that the bricks of their front steps and patio didn't follow this report. They were slick, causing gravity to take over. His hip is not happy with the discovery - he will be having surgery this week to repair it. Any prayers and vibes you can send his way (and to his wife/my sister) would be appreciated.
    Oh no! Hope surgery goes well.

Would the "Golden Globes" be considered a micro-aggression to the flat earther folks?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'm kinda tired a lot lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'm kinda tired a lot lately.
    You have Winter Madness

I'm happy to report that my brother-in-law came through surgery just fine. He is the proud owner of a large rod in his femur. He actually came home yesterday. He will be learning to navigate around the house with a walker - not always easy as the door to the powder room is too narrow for the walker and the room itself is small. Lessons in geometry.

I'm happy to report that my brother-in-law came through surgery just fine. He is the proud owner of a large rod in his femur. He actually came home yesterday. He will be learning to navigate around the house with a walker - not always easy as the door to the powder room is too narrow for the walker and the room itself is small. Lessons in geometry.
    Good luck to your brother-in-law. I'm one week into 4-6 weeks of my own lessons in geometry navigating with crutches after having a torn labrum repaired. Back to work on Tuesday and reaping the benefits of having one of the larger classrooms in my school. Hopefully it's a bit easier to navigate than the tiny hallways and bedrooms in my parent's house where I spent the week to avoid stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    Good luck to your brother-in-law. I'm one week into 4-6 weeks of my own lessons in geometry navigating with crutches after having a torn labrum repaired. Back to work on Tuesday and reaping the benefits of having one of the larger classrooms in my school. Hopefully it's a bit easier to navigate than the tiny hallways and bedrooms in my parent's house where I spent the week to avoid stairs.
    Good luck with the return to work. I hope you don't have to navigate the halls at the same time as students very often.

BiL is retired so no workplace geometry necessary but he is extremely active in the community. (Maybe he can get sympathy donations for the local arboretum.) Not sure when he will start to tackle the stairs - for the time being, a bed was moved to the main level of the house. Had his first home PT session today. He is discovering that day 3 post op, just like day 3 after first work out in a while, brings increased pain.

...He is the proud owner of a large rod in his femur...
    Yikes! That made me wince hard. Good lord, he sure pulled a number.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Yikes! That made me wince hard. Good lord, he sure pulled a number.
    Yes, he did do a number on his hip. Recovery is bound to take him longer than he thinks it should.

If I wanted to make Nephew Mike feel faint, I just brought up that a hammer was probably involved. (More likely a rubber mallet but they have to get the rod in place somehow, right?) He has headed north before tomorrow's predicted snow and Niece Amy will arrive tomorrow - she is a PT and works with people who have broken their hips. She will be great to have around for a few days.

Yes, he did do a number on his hip. Recovery is bound to take him longer than he thinks it should.

If I wanted to make Nephew Mike feel faint, I just brought up that a hammer was probably involved. (More likely a rubber mallet but they have to get the rod in place somehow, right?) He has headed north before tomorrow's predicted snow and Niece Amy will arrive tomorrow - she is a PT and works with people who have broken their hips. She will be great to have around for a few days.
    Boy, that sounds like a good set of family members. Any room for an Aunt weezie?

Boy, that sounds like a good set of family members. Any room for an Aunt weezie?
    Always! I sometimes liken us to an amoeba - we are always enlarging the family to include others.

Tonight's menu: Brown rice and ground turkey stuffed bell peppers, baby kale salad and pineapple upside down tart with mango compote.

Hey, five days of nonsense silenced?

Anybody have a pun they want to torture us with?

I'm thinking the mango compote might have done it?

Is the sky falling?

FWIW, I was in Vegas for much of that time...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    FWIW, I was in Vegas for much of that time...
    So your nonsense wasn’t silenced — it just “stays in Vegas.”

Nod nod, wink wink, say no more.

Well, that would certainly take the suspicion off my mango compote.

The nerve...

Hopefully, DIK's BIL is progressing on his road to recovery...