Page 1057 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 57557957100710471055105610571058105910671107115715572057 ... LastLast
Results 21,121 to 21,140 of 67391
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Have the announced when Homecoming is this fall?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Graduation weekend is coming! Heading to Pittsburgh for Niece Elizabeth's graduation this weekend. Can't wait to see everyong and celebrate. Sister & Brother-in-law are driving so they are taking my wine/chocolate contribution for the weekend. (8 bottles of red, a magnum of champagne, and a batch of fudge - that should hold us for a while.)
    Congrats to Niece Elizabeth and the DinK clan!

I retrieved the young Turks, Felix and Oscar, from the dorms on Friday. Oakland was the wrong kind of zoo and we got the heck out of there. They survived their first year with very good grades, no encounters with law enforcement (that me and Mrs. Turk know about), and only one trip to the emergency room.

Back in the day when I was broke and starving, I was extremely grateful when parents took us out to eat (is Darryl's still around?), and I always imagined someday taking the kids and their crew out someplace similar that they liked and melting the credit card to pay it forward. But in this day and age, they have so many food options on the swipe card that are practically 24/7 that they just roll their eyes and say, "It's not worth the hassle. Can we just go get Chipotle or Primanti's instead?" So we make do with a couple boxes of Mrs. Turk's chocolate chip cookies.
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post

I retrieved the young Turks, Felix and Oscar, from the dorms on Friday. Oakland was the wrong kind of zoo and we got the heck out of there. They survived their first year with very good grades, no encounters with law enforcement (that me and Mrs. Turk know about), and only one trip to the emergency room.

Back in the day when I was broke and starving, I was extremely grateful when parents took us out to eat (is Darryl's still around?), and I always imagined someday taking the kids and their crew out someplace similar that they liked and melting the credit card to pay it forward. But in this day and age, they have so many food options on the swipe card that are practically 24/7 that they just roll their eyes and say, "It's not worth the hassle. Can we just go get Chipotle or Primanti's instead?" So we make do with a couple boxes of Mrs. Turk's chocolate chip cookies.
    Chipotle? For grad dinner? Yikes. Kids today.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Asheville area friends (there seems to be a number of you) -- Todd Snider is playing tonight at Salvage Station (looks like an outdoor show). If you like it, you can thank me by buying me a beer sometime. If you don't, I owe you.

Talented, funny, always interesting and entertaining.
    +1.

Have not seen Mr. Snider live, but his tunes show up in one of my music feeds, including "Statistician Blues" and a live version of "Devils Backbone Tavern." I would love to see Mike Cross if he's still out and about. It's been many many moons...
    "Quality is not an option!"

Happy 85th birthday, Willie Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Still outlivin' his pecker.

+1.

Have not seen Mr. Snider live, but his tunes show up in one of my music feeds, including "Statistician Blues" and a live version of "Devils Backbone Tavern." I would love to see Mike Cross if he's still out and about. It's been many many moons...
    I’ve seen him twice — about 20 years apart. One of my absolute favorites. Stream “The Storyteller” if you get a chance.

Hell, yeah.

I remember my graduation like it was 25 years ago.

I hope the ER trip was relatively minor. No chipotle. Lunched at Hello Bistro, dinner at Eleven diwntown, brunch at Thr Porch, and final dinner at Penn Brewery. Penn Brewery even let us bring in the celebratory magnum of champagne. Except for lunch, meals included Boyfriend Max and his family. Final dinner included Roommate Jenny. We even had reserved seating at graduation. A great weekend all around.

Darryl's went mostly out of business. There is still one in Greensboro and that is it.

The sounds of spring in Kansas - tornado sirens. I really need to keep a few wine glasses and a corkscrew in the basement.

The sounds of spring in Kansas - tornado sirens. I really need to keep a few wine glasses and a corkscrew in the basement.
    And of course a well stocked wine cellar...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Guessing that a Pinot Gris pairs well with spam.

Everything pairs well proper Pop Tart. Frankly, more a job of grabbing a bottle of wine and then trying to pair the Pop Tart to it.

That isn't an issue. Plenty of bottles available.

This week has been a bear, but there is light.

This week has been a bear, but there is light.
    Mine has been more of a feral hog.

Mine has been more of a feral hog.
    Well, just because the week ends doesn't mean the work ends...

Root rot. Grr.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Root rot. Grr.
    Raw sewage. Bleagh.

I'll pas on both the root rot and the raw sewage...