Page 674 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 17457462466467267367467567668472477411741674 ... LastLast
Results 13,461 to 13,480 of 67397
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Did you see...

<<WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!>>

...something just go whizzing by?
    <cough cough cough...>

choking on exhaust fumes...

<cough cough cough...>
    Subtle humor noted and appreciated.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Ronnie's tumor is stable but they do want him to see the neurologist in a couple of weeks. His eyelids are a little droopy.

I'm not worried. His eyelids are usually droopy. But it can't hurt to see the neurologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Ronnie's tumor is stable but they do want him to see the neurologist in a couple of weeks. His eyelids are a little droopy.
    I'm glad to hear the stable report. Keep us posted on his next appt. He remains in my prayers - as does the whole family.

"Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it..."
    "Quality is not an option!"

I'm not worried. His eyelids are usually droopy. But it can't hurt to see the neurologist.
    My eyelids are usually droopy, especially on Friday afternoons at work...

OK, what's the next post goal for LTE? We should be able to get to 13,500 by Christmas...

OK, what's the next post goal for LTE? We should be able to get to 13,500 by Christmas...
    Seems reasonable. Heck, maybe we can even get to 14,000 but I kinda doubt it.

December 20th is the 2 year anniversary of the LTE. We should shoot for at least 13,500 by then.

My eyelids are usually droopy, especially on Friday afternoons at work...
    especially in a tax seminar!

We should definatly have more then 13,500 post by christmas.

What year?

December 20th is the 2 year anniversary of the LTE. We should shoot for at least 13,500 by then.
    I think this is possible. I'll do my part.

Spent the last 2 days at a tax seminar. Today's presenter is one of my favorites. A total tax geek, but lots of fun. He has fun with the names he uses in examples. Today we had a Lou Pole and a Maxwell K. Oss, who formed a corporation called Chaos, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Spent the last 2 days at a tax seminar. Today's presenter is one of my favorites. A total tax geek, but lots of fun. He has fun with the names he uses in examples. Today we had a Lou Pole and a Maxwell K. Oss, who formed a corporation called Chaos, Inc.
    DinK, are you a CPA? Do you have to get continuing education credits to remain a CPA in good standing with your state?

I've had "flu-like symptoms" the past couple of days. Nothing serious, just a mid-grade headache, achiness, and alternating hot flashes/chills. (No fever.) Almost makes me wish I had more of a full-on case, b/c it hasn't been bad enough that I could justify staying home from work more than one day, tho I've felt cruddy for 3.

Now it's spread to Mr. DA too, so we have too bleah-feeling people in the household.

We're drinking hot, buttered rum tonight to see if that helps. Or at least, hides the symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    DinK, are you a CPA? Do you have to get continuing education credits to remain a CPA in good standing with your state?
    I'm an accountant, but not a CPA. I get the continuing education because I work for a CPA firm and prepare taxes. Yes, a CPA has to get a set number of hours of education (40 in KS) a year to keep their license.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I've had "flu-like symptoms" the past couple of days. Nothing serious, just a mid-grade headache, achiness, and alternating hot flashes/chills. (No fever.) Almost makes me wish I had more of a full-on case, b/c it hasn't been bad enough that I could justify staying home from work more than one day, tho I've felt cruddy for 3.

Now it's spread to Mr. DA too, so we have too bleah-feeling people in the household.

We're drinking hot, buttered rum tonight to see if that helps. Or at least, hides the symptoms.
    I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Let me know if the hot buttered rum works. I've had a low fever (1-2 degrees) of and on since last weekend but no aches, cough, congestion, runny nose, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Let me know if the hot buttered rum works. I've had a low fever (1-2 degrees) of and on since last weekend but no aches, cough, congestion, runny nose, etc.
    Oh noes - guess it's just going around all over.

The HBR is pretty darned tasty, but beyond being a warm drink, didn't really do much for me. I think I'll stick to mint/chamomile tea with honey.