Page 960 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 4608609109509589599609619629701010106014601960 ... LastLast
Results 19,181 to 19,200 of 67404
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Hrmmm... where are you, planting tomatoes?
    Georgia. In pots unfortunately, because deer eat everything I plant in the yard.

Today is going to get up to 74 degrees. First day of spring.

Tomorrow is supposed to be up to 85 degrees. First day of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    No, only how to call guys to put one in, a flagstone patio, that is. I've tried to float that as a reality tv show: me waiting for work guys to show up and then me standing around watching them and then me writing painful checks. Some yelling at my husband about the work guys tossed in for drama.

I'm convinced it's going to be a hit.
    So, no one thinks I have a hit show on my hands? HGTV won't be calling?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Well, if you are using the contractors I've used, you'll have at least a season's worth of episodes waiting for the job to get done.

I think you need to include a peanut gallery - perhaps OPK, DD, Mtn Devil, I and a few others can sit on the sidelines sipping beer/wine/liquor and add the occasional witty comment to the events.

and so it begins.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I think you need to include a peanut gallery - perhaps OPK, DD, Mtn Devil, I and a few others can sit on the sidelines sipping beer/wine/liquor and add the occasional witty comment to the events.
    Outstanding. Count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    New plants planted, anyone know how to build a flagstone patio?
    A contractor friend once told me the key to a good flagstone patio is to grade and thoroughly tamp the ground, lay a finely crushed bluestone base, wet and thoroughly tamp that, then lay the flagstones. Set with more finely crushed bluestone between the flagstones and gently water that in; lather, rinse, repeat until it's all even.

And most importantly, make certain absolutely no water courses across it; your patio must be the local maxima or all is for nought. (Well, unless you pour a concrete base and set the flagstones above it in still more concrete. It's more durable but it's harder to repair. And uglier.)

We built a deck...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm in for the beer. Occasionally witty? Not so much.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    A contractor friend once told me the key to a good flagstone patio is to grade and thoroughly tamp the ground, lay a finely crushed bluestone base, wet and thoroughly tamp that, then lay the flagstones. Set with more finely crushed bluestone between the flagstones and gently water that in; lather, rinse, repeat until it's all even.

And most importantly, make certain absolutely no water courses across it; your patio must be the local maxima or all is for nought. (Well, unless you pour a concrete base and set the flagstones above it in still more concrete. It's more durable but it's harder to repair. And uglier.)

We built a deck...

-jk

Waaaayyy too helpful. I mean really. -jk may only get a brief guest shot on my show, not a recurring role. "Do-it-right-yourself-the-first-time" guy cameo appearance.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

We built a deck...

-jk
    Interesting, I'm not sure bluestone is readily available here in Ess Ehhh(SA/San Antone).

Waaaayyy too helpful. I mean really. -jk may only get a brief guest shot on my show, not a recurring role. "Do-it-right-yourself-the-first-time" guy cameo appearance.
    Husband-of-Weezie needs a brother-in-law or neighbor to tell him that he's doing it wrong. That always helps a project and gives a side plot line.

^^^ That's good OPK, I like the way you're "fleshing" this out. Kind of the Green Acres sidekick yapper type.

Isn't it fun when we all try to work through basketball disappointment together? Yeah, I know...sad...

I can provide the occasional witty comment and I mean very occasional. The beer, not so much. Like the current trend in college basketball, I'm one and done.

I'm afraid that if I am on the show, it will likely have to be on a non-broadcast network. Or else a lot of bleepings. It's a bad habit that's getting more pronounced as I get older, not less so.

So... what's anyone watching on TV that they like?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    So... what's anyone watching on TV that they like?
    I was glad to see Designated Survivor back on the air. Also Criminal Minds IRT.

Looking forward to the Amazing Race - mainly like to see where they get to go.

Deadliest Catch probably starting up again soon

Catching up on season 2 Man In The High Castle. WOW!

My TV is rarely on any more for anything other than sporting events.

Not sure to which I have a greater aversion -- pres-season threads speculating about minute distributions, or post-season threads speculating about who will leave early and who will return.

{sigh}