Page 2996 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 1996249628962946298629942995299629972998300630463096 ... LastLast
Results 59,901 to 59,920 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Daughter CB starts her 1st day on the job at the Kennedy Center tomorrow. You would be amazed at the paltry salary but maybe they’ll give her an office overlooking the Potomac.
    Congratulations to her!

Daughter CB starts her 1st day on the job at the Kennedy Center tomorrow. You would be amazed at the paltry salary but maybe they’ll give her an office overlooking the Potomac.
    Congrats! First step’s not the final step — it’s a good step forward though!

If it keeps on rainin’, levee’s goin’ to break
    When the levee breaks, I’ll have no place to stay

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    When the levee breaks, I’ll have no place to stay
    How high's the water OPK?

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Congrats! (What’s an office?)

-jk
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Congratulations to her!
    Congrats! First step’s not the final step — it’s a good step forward though!
    Thanks! An office? Well in theater by definition: "An office is staffed by people who help ensure good attendance in safe facilities. They help ensure the theatre remains financially solvent, that it is well run, and that it is perceived as an asset to the community it serves." So...whatever the opposite of that is. Usually a place for actors to live who just had their primary residences towed by the city.

Here on Emerald Isle I might say "three feet high and rising."

Monday is much more palatable when
    a) you get to wear your 'Pythons Quiz Bowl' shirt and field state championship compliments from friends & colleagues all day (Yes, my school's mascot is the Pythons, and yes, that is rad)
    b) Spring Break is but a few days away; in fact, the number of hours before departure for the Keys is about to be in double digits.

Life is good and my heart is full.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    a) you get to wear your 'Pythons Quiz Bowl' shirt and field state championship compliments from friends & colleagues all day (Yes, my school's mascot is the Pythons, and yes, that is rad)
    b) Spring Break is but a few days away; in fact, the number of hours before departure for the Keys is about to be in double digits.

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post

Better than the Obezags, which is the nickname of the private school in Maryland where my niece is the Assistant AD, so named because of the many gazebos on campus. I'd be truly frightened of what the Pythons would do to them.

Three feet high and rising….

Three feet high and rising….

eta: Mtn.Devil.Goodyears beat me to it!

Better than the Obezags, which is the nickname of the private school in Maryland where my niece is the Assistant AD, so named because of the many gazebos on campus. I'd be truly frightened of what the Pythons would do to them.
    How embarrassing that gazebras was right in front of them and they screwed it up.

How embarrassing that gazebras was right in front of them and they screwed it up.
    This is some good work. Well done.

After a working weekend (well, Saturday at least), I’ve now somehow managed to give my students a pretty freaking stellar crash course in Russian history and culture on a gray Monday morning the week before Spring Break.

Engaging cruise control.

Layoffs start tomorrow. Always an interesting process.

zoom call in the evening is inhumane

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Layoffs start tomorrow. Always an interesting process.
    Are you nervous?

Are you nervous?
    Eh, tough to tell how these things will go. I’m not in a position that has ANY duplication and that typically bodes well. Spend any amount of time in corporate America and you go through a few of these cycles.

Eh, tough to tell how these things will go. I’m not in a position that has ANY duplication and that typically bodes well. Spend any amount of time in corporate America and you go through a few of these cycles.
    Good luck!

Good luck! Just pushed my biggest project to a team in the EU. Greatly frees up my schedule. They are slowly duplicating our work over there and it doesn't bode well, which I'm fine with.