Page 1654 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 65411541554160416441652165316541655165616641704175421542654 ... LastLast
Results 33,061 to 33,080 of 67394
    sport shorts from may until mid October, then sweat pants thru April

While spending an extra 13 hours in St. Paul last week, we watched The Dressmaker starring Kate Winslet. Not sure about this pick - would have liked more of a comedy. IMDB has this was a comedy-drama. I don't recall much comedy in it. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Confused. Which is my natural state. Well, confused and wearing basketball shorts and a sweatshirt. And not in flip flops. Ain't nobody want to see your feet. Cover them dogs up.
    I interject the non sequitur into the thread particularly when there hasn't been a post in hours. The beauty of this thread is that you can comment at any time in a stream of consciousness, it doesn't necessarily need to tie to anything else. I know we as human beings like to use patterns to derive meaning. I like to stand that on its head every once in a while. (I'm no rebel, I'm an engineer at heart.)

Bleep blop blorp

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I interject the non sequitur into the thread particularly when there hasn't been a post in hours. The beauty of this thread is that you can comment at any time in a stream of consciousness, it doesn't necessarily need to tie to anything else. I know we as human beings like to use patterns to derive meaning. I like to stand that on its head every once in a while. (I'm no rebel, I'm an engineer at heart.)
    I support all of this. I AM a bomb throwing anarchist at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    While spending an extra 13 hours in St. Paul last week, we watched The Dressmaker starring Kate Winslet. Not sure about this pick - would have liked more of a comedy. IMDB has this was a comedy-drama. I don't recall much comedy in it. Thoughts?
    Here is the summary I found for it: "Accused of murder when she was a child, a dressmaker (Kate Winslet) returns to her small Australian town to seek revenge on the locals who did her wrong." I'll stop there. Sort of like In Bruges is listed as a comedy by IMDB, "| Comedy, Crime, Drama " I understand the humor but it was really dark. I believe The Dressmaker may be more along those lines when it comes to comedy?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Here is the summary I found for it: "Accused of murder when she was a child, a dressmaker (Kate Winslet) returns to her small Australian town to seek revenge on the locals who did her wrong." I'll stop there. Sort of like In Bruges is listed as a comedy by IMDB, "| Comedy, Crime, Drama " I understand the humor but it was really dark. I believe The Dressmaker may be more along those lines when it comes to comedy?
    I'm not into dark comedy so I think it was 2 hours I'll never get back. The fashions were fun, however.

Being There with Peter Sellers was also a comedy - I found it extremely depressing.

"Phantom Thread" beat the sheath dresses and exquisite meals and superb acting off this "Dressmaker"
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I'm not into dark comedy so I think it was 2 hours I'll never get back. The fashions were fun, however.

Being There with Peter Sellers was also a comedy - I found it extremely depressing.
    after the last four years of dark comedy, a couple hours doesn't seem all that bad...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Confused. Which is my natural state. Well, confused and wearing basketball shorts and a sweatshirt. And not in flip flops. Ain't nobody want to see your feet. Cover them dogs up.
    Speak for yourself! In my younger days, I actually thought about trying to become a foot model. I looked into it a little bit (basically would have had to move to where the work was and that ain't Durham or Boston, so, decided against a serious pursuit.) My feet (and I have been told this by more than one person who has given me a pedicure, including the one who suggested I look into becoming a foot model) are perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Speak for yourself! In my younger days, I actually thought about trying to become a foot model. I looked into it a little bit (basically would have had to move to where the work was and that ain't Durham or Boston, so, decided against a serious pursuit.) My feet (and I have been told this by more than one person who has given me a pedicure, including the one who suggested I look into becoming a foot model) are perfect.
    This conjured up memories...

[QUOTE=YmoBeThere;1318643]This conjured up memories...

Which conjured up this memory:

Made me think you will NOT be like the old lady who passed in the Wallace Stevens poem "Emperor of Ice Cream". You don't have feet reminiscent of horns. I totally do.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Made me think you will NOT be like the old lady who passed in the Wallace Stevens poem "Emperor of Ice Cream". You don't have feet reminiscent of horns. I totally do.
    Alas, I went up a shoe size after I had my kids (not uncommon) or I could probably still pursue foot modeling. My feet do not show my age, but they are size 7 now and you gotta wear a size 6 to be a foot model. You are correct though, they are not reminiscent of horns.

[QUOTE=DukieInKansas;1318660][QUOTE=YmoBeThere;1318643]This conjured up memories...

Which conjured up this memory:

Reminded me of this:

Not to brag, but I’ve been a “before” model in several exercise and diet commercials.

I aspire to be the person who's actions get Xed out (with a bright red X) in multiple infomercials.

It is important to have dreams.

Alas, I went up a shoe size after I had my kids (not uncommon) or I could probably still pursue foot modeling. My feet do not show my age, but they are size 7 now and you gotta wear a size 6 to be a foot model. You are correct though, they are not reminiscent of horns.
    This is all very strange to me, as someone who HATES feet. Needless to say, I am NOT the foot [freaking] master that Jules is in Pulp Fiction.

I met someone with a foot fetish when I was sitting in the lounge in Southgate. Unfortunately, he started, unasked, with the foot below my sprained ankle. It wasn't appreciated.

I met someone with a foot fetish when I was sitting in the lounge in Southgate. Unfortunately, he started, unasked, with the foot below my sprained ankle. It wasn't appreciated.
    The strangest thing I ever saw was a guy ask a casual acquaintance if he could go to the delivery of her child. Maybe it's just me, but that seemed both forward and a smidge inappropriate in real time.