Page 2047 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 104715471947199720372045204620472048204920572097214725473047 ... LastLast
Results 40,921 to 40,940 of 67405
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Smithfield's BBQ is fine, not great, but their pork rinds are absolute fire. And they almost always still have a bit of hair on them so you can floss as you eat. I like to multitask.
    A couple years ago we were driving to Topsail Island and picked up some Q at Smithfield once we got close...we were invited out to someone's house that night, and these people eat very prudently, lots of low fat stuff, etc.

So just for grins we brought along one of those big sacks of Smithfield pork rinds, hair and all, set them out on the table. Many curious glances, some featuring evident disdain. Then they got sampled. Then they were all gone.

We have the same phenomenon each summer at our annual parties...who wants a hot dog? Little response...but slap down a plate full of grilled natural casing franks, and they're gone in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    A couple years ago we were driving to Topsail Island and picked up some Q at Smithfield once we got close...we were invited out to someone's house that night, and these people eat very prudently, lots of low fat stuff, etc.

So just for grins we brought along one of those big sacks of Smithfield pork rinds, hair and all, set them out on the table. Many curious glances, some featuring evident disdain. Then they got sampled. Then they were all gone.

We have the same phenomenon each summer at our annual parties...who wants a hot dog? Little response...but slap down a plate full of grilled natural casing franks, and they're gone in an instant.
    Again: we should hang out.

Again: we should hang out.
    stop by! NC in the summer is too hot for me! But i'll be there in the Fall for what's left of Duke football!

Front porch sittin, weird taco eatin fool.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    stop by! NC in the summer is too hot for me! But i'll be there in the Fall for what's left of Duke football!
    I will MIH. Make It Happen.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I have double plans in the fall/winter with one of my besties from undergrad days. I'm heading to NYC in November for their Marathon weekend and, hopefully, volunteering with her for the event itself. Then in early January, we are meeting up in Nashville for the US Figure Skating National Championships - doubly exciting in an Olympic year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have double plans in the fall/winter with one of my besties from undergrad days. I'm heading to NYC in November for their Marathon weekend and, hopefully, volunteering with her for the event itself. Then in early January, we are meeting up in Nashville for the US Figure Skating National Championships - doubly exciting in an Olympic year.
    In NYC I always stay in Park Slope in Brooklyn. One of my favorite neighborhoods.

I had forgotten just how frickin’ dorky original Speed Racer is.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I had forgotten just how frickin’ dorky original Speed Racer is.
    It was never my fave. I watched the crap out of it. But not one of my favorites.

It was never my fave. I watched the crap out of it. But not one of my favorites.
    It was really before my time, so I haven’t watched a ton of it either. I love the design of the Mach 5, but those scripts are…not great.
    Currently we’re watching the 1984 premiere episode of Transformers, which remains rad.

It was really before my time, so I haven’t watched a ton of it either. I love the design of the Mach 5, but those scripts are…not great.
    Currently we’re watching the 1984 premiere episode of Transformers, which remains rad.
    Oh yes. I absolutely remember that!

I love the old Hanna-Barbera stuff. I think I've mentioned this before.

I recorded a bunch of old HB stuff from Boomerang, including Wacky Races, which was before my time but was a predecessor to Bailey's Comets, which was also before my time, but I remember watching in syndication. I also recorded some Top Cat, Josie and the P-cats, Yogi Bear, and Magilla Gorilla. MG was a really dumb cartoon, FYI. Top Cat was hilarious!

Yes! I did post this before b/c the wankerizer won't let me post Josie's band name!!!

Hahaha about Josie!

Just got a telemarketing call for burial insurance. CLICK!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Just got a telemarketing call for burial insurance. CLICK!
    What a job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    What a job!!!
    The caller ID said Vermont. Thought maybe budwom was calling to chat.

The caller ID said Vermont. Thought maybe budwom was calling to chat.
    If not budwom, a...wait for it...dead ringer.

And that’s it. That’s my exit. Good night everyone.

I love the old Hanna-Barbera stuff. I think I've mentioned this before.

I recorded a bunch of old HB stuff from Boomerang, including Wacky Races, which was before my time but was a predecessor to Bailey's Comets, which was also before my time, but I remember watching in syndication. I also recorded some Top Cat, Josie and the P-cats, Yogi Bear, and Magilla Gorilla. MG was a really dumb cartoon, FYI. Top Cat was hilarious!

Yes! I did post this before b/c the wankerizer won't let me post Josie's band name!!!
    I’m a big Hanna-Barbera fan too. Wacky Races is likewise one of my faves. I may or may not have a crush on Penelope Pitstop.

I’m a big Hanna-Barbera fan too. Wacky Races is likewise one of my faves. I may or may not have a crush on Penelope Pitstop.
    Yes! I KNEW we had had this discussion before. Someone posted her pic. My apologies for being redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    If not budwom, a...wait for it...dead ringer.

And that’s it. That’s my exit. Good night everyone.
    I support this. Solid work.