Page 869 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 36976981985986786886987087187991996913691869 ... LastLast
Results 17,361 to 17,380 of 67409
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I've heard that too - 6 day layover at no extra airfare cost on whatever Iceland's airline is. I really want to do this.

Oooo, me too! Have to figure it all out around basketball season though.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    My mother saw the Northern Lights right here in North Carolina once upon a time. I think she was a child, so probably in the later 1920s. Severe solar storms were the cause, I guess. Unusual, but it happens.

Anyone else seen them so far south?

Not that far south, but when I was traveling in Vermont, so not shocking.

I've got Labor Day off from work. I've never been part of a union.

That other thread has been quiet for nearly six hours now.

This election is a very entertaining, daily reality show. Can't fight gravity.

I intend to vote as soon as early voting begins, and then do my best to tune out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I intend to vote as soon as early voting begins, and then do my best to tune out.
    Vote absentee and then head to a yurt in Mongolia, that might be my plan. Except for the lack of sanitation facilities, spa robe and seaweed wraps, I could do that?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    This election is a very entertaining, daily reality show. Can't fight gravity.
    Aren't we kinda fighting gravity with every step we take?

I gave up reality TV a long time ago. Unless American Pickers and Pawn Stars count.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Aren't we kinda fighting gravity with every step we take?
    One might even say, "Every breath you take, every move you make..."

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    I gave up reality TV a long time ago. Unless American Pickers and Pawn Stars count.
    My new guilty pleasure is Better Late than Never. It is pretty bad, but there is something about Shatner, Winkler, Bradshaw, and Foreman together that paralyzes my remote hand.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Vote absentee and then head to a yurt in Mongolia, that might be my plan. Except for the lack of sanitation facilities, spa robe and seaweed wraps, I could do that?
    I've always wanted to go to the Galapagos Islands. And Antartica. Perhaps we can plan a DBR trip to various remote locations for the next few months. Shall we all go buy lottery tickets?

Well, even with the events of today, they are making up ground...

I just liked my own post on FB. It has not been a great day.

Plus the Facebook satellite blew up on Elon's rocket so not as many potential enthusiasts will have seen your post in the future.
    I think I have that phrased correctly.

I just liked my own post on FB. It has not been a great day.
    I liked it, also. Hope the day got better.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I liked it, also. Hope the day got better.
    Thanks, don't get me wrong, it hasn't been a bad day either. But where things could have gone great, they just went okay. From work stuff to weather and on down to Vandy losing a winnable game against South Carolina.

Headed to Charlotte for my (Duke alum) parents' 50th anniversary!

Congrats to them! My parent's 50th is in December.

Congratulations to your parents. Fifty years means lots of love, dedication, and hard work.

Congrats to them! My parent's 50th is in December.
    Congratulations to your parents on their upcoming anniversary. Fifty years means lots of love, dedication, and hard work.