Page 548 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4844849853854654754854955055859864810481548 ... LastLast
Results 10,941 to 10,960 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I hope I'm permitted to say here that maybe I'm glad the BC tickets fell through.
    Missed you in Snrub today.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Pardon me Ma'am, I'm just looking at my signature in the mirror.
    Can I borrow your mirror? Mine's backwards.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Ozzie! Ozzie! Ozzie!
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Why are you chanting Ozzie's name?
    Why not?!?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Missed you in Snrub today.
    I don't Snrub. Is that in game chatting? Is it always in game?

And in testing the 60 second rule news.

Yep, I have to wait 60 seconds now too.

I can type both those sentences and click submit reply twice in less than 60 seconds.

But not that third one.

I hope I'm permitted to say here that maybe I'm glad the BC tickets fell through.
    Word...

So, I recorded a podcast this afternoon for a fellow playwright who is putting some of his work out there for public consumption. When it's up, I'll post the link. He had me playing a 16 year old! (Only on the radio.)

Thank goodness I did it, because he let me know that the deadline for the theater festival in Carrboro, NC that I so very much want to get into is today! I thought I was keeping proper tabs on that festival but I guess not. They take email submissions so whew, I got 'Heartbreak Hill' sent in just under the wire. Wish me luck.

Thank goodness I did it, because he let me know that the deadline for the theater festival in Carrboro, NC that I so very much want to get into is today! I thought I was keeping proper tabs on that festival but I guess not. They take email submissions so whew, I got 'Heartbreak Hill' sent in just under the wire. Wish me luck.
    Best of luck! Vibes coming your way!

I don't Snrub. Is that in game chatting? Is it always in game?
    Yes.

I think so.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Yes.

I think so.
    It's not in a game if you want to pay attention to the game. damn I paid too much attention tonight. Damn game.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Dang, I had to switch to 40-post pages, just to wade through the LTE's weekend!

And to avoid the 60-second limit:

* Congrats, AD, good luck with the condo!

* I, too, love Billy Joel. Saw him at the Dean Dome; fuddy-duddys behind us actually asked us to sit down during "Still Rock'n'Roll"

* Had to work this weekend. Need to do some more tonight.

* Did get out shopping and hit a really great Talbots Outlet sale. Found a dress (for a date with Mr. DA) that was normally $158, down to $20!!

* Sue, chanting your name makes me think of something that ArkieDukie would probably holler, and it's not very flattering for you, sorry.

* Ymo, if you're chanting Ozzie's name, don't you have to end the cheer with "Oy, Oy, Oy!"?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    * Ymo, if you're chanting Ozzie's name, don't you have to end the cheer with "Oy, Oy, Oy!"?
    Better "Oy" than "Oy ve"
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I just finished watching the tape of the last 3/4 of the game. Are we giving up men's basketball at Duke yet?

BostonDevil - I did think about you missing out on those tickets. Would your presence have made all the difference?

Sue71 - isn't your name 5 syllables?

Best part about the end of watching the tape of the game - VS coverage of the Tour of California was on. Why is it raining?

Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie must always be followed by Oy Oy Oy

So, is the 60 second rules still there or was it increased?

Does anyone really change or delete their post if they are held up by the still existent 60 second rule? I think they just hit Submit Reply until it posts.

I think the 60 second rule is gone.

No, it's not.

Chat has only two moderators, me and Loopy. (In theory, it has Breen, but he's an absentee landlord). Chat does not officially bear the DBR brand either, so there's no concern about how it reflects on the school or the program. Most banned posters in chat are either people who used racial/sexuality epithets, or drive-by UNC/UVA posters trying to cause trouble.

We understand that people are emotional in the moment during the game, so there's a much wider berth there for emotional behavior--cussing, instantaneous outrage, etc. (God knows I've gotten ill a few times and for that I am sorry). And there's a lot wider berth for humor because we can be so indiscreet. Long story short, there are no infractions per se, like "destructively negative," in chat. There's just being really far off the reservation. Almost no Duke fans are banned in any sort of permanent way. The main banned poster is some dingus from UVA who posted from like 25 IPs trying to be a disruption.

But on the site, there is or should be a much higher bar for behavior. One should be able to take 5 and consider whether they're adding something to the board or just being an annoying SHPaM. Unfortunately many do not, and the EK board is nearly unreadable after losses. Heavier moderation is needed, and encouraged by the site owners.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine