Page 408 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 3083583984064074084094104184585089081408 ... LastLast
Results 8,141 to 8,160 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    That must be some good pastrami...
    Carnegie Deli - best pastrami in the world!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Well all, I'm home from the Rose Bowl.

I'm tired and hungry but I am currently sitting on the couch with my feet up and I'm watching the Orange Bowl (btw, how are either of these teams in a BCS bowl? seriously. The OB should be ashamed.)

In any event, I'll post pics soon, though some of you got a lovely picture message from me.

Ok, here's a link to a mini-album I posted of some pics from the Rose Bowl. For my FB friends, there are more there.

Red face Cincy/VaTech vs. The Rose Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Ok, here's a link to a mini-album I posted of some pics from the Rose Bowl. For my FB friends, there are more there.
    Thanks for posting the photos. It was a great game on tv. Sanchez was amazing. LOads of color, good playing, and plenty of great scenes.

Questions from the tv:
    1) Just how low was that Stealth Bomber? FREAKY low!
    2) Cloris Leachman YET again!! Ugh!!

Yeah, watching a little Orange Bowl after that ... it might as well have been the International Bowl.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Yeah, watching a little Orange Bowl after that ... it might as well have been the International Bowl.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Such is the state of football in the ACC and Big East.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I played a bit of Guitar Hero as well. Fun with other games made me buy myself a Wii. A friend tells me that Wii Music has handbells. I'll have to check that out.
    Let me know what you find out on the handbells. It might tip the scales to get a Wii.

When did they quit showing the Orange Bowl halftime show? It was always fun to watch and laugh at the extravaganza.

It is now time for the post season let down. My sister and her family have left for PA and I have to get used to not having them around. Time to catch up on the Boards and my personal e-mail.

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe New Year.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    When did they quit showing the Orange Bowl halftime show? It was always fun to watch and laugh at the extravaganza.
    Thanks to the miracle of youtube, it's the Doobie Brothers.

IIRC, last year it was ZZTop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Thanks for posting the photos. It was a great game on tv. Sanchez was amazing. LOads of color, good playing, and plenty of great scenes.

Questions from the tv:
    1) Just how low was that Stealth Bomber? FREAKY low!
    2) Cloris Leachman YET again!! Ugh!!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

1) The Stealth WAS freaky low. Here's another shot:

DSC00272.jpg

2) Couldn't really tell it was Cloris from where I was. Gosh, darn.

Question for the DBR (OTB) devoted

Ok gang, I don't want to hit the Ticket Exchange board with this because I haven't made any decisions yet, but...

What's the chance that one of you might, just might have an extra ticket for either 1/17 Georgetown or 2/7 Miami? I may just try to swing a quick trip out East... just a thought. And of course, you'd get ME sitting with YOU at the game as a bonus!

1) The Stealth WAS freaky low. Here's another shot:

DSC00272.jpg

2) Couldn't really tell it was Cloris from where I was. Gosh, darn.
    Pffffffffffft!

To be a "stealth" plane, it's pretty damn easy to see.

The designers must be morons!

-EarlJam - who is counting down to Taco Bell and Family Feud (3 hours!)

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Pffffffffffft!

To be a "stealth" plane, it's pretty damn easy to see.
    If it makes you feel any better, we never even knew it was coming... only way we knew it was there was by seeing it. Never heard anything.

(We were used to the traditional fly over- a few loud planes in formation, etc etc.)

I love the flyover by the loud planes...I don't want to be protected by aliens. I want a bunch of loud guys who can kick butt. Unless the aliens can kick their butts.

Ok gang, I don't want to hit the Ticket Exchange board with this because I haven't made any decisions yet, but...

What's the chance that one of you might, just might have an extra ticket for either 1/17 Georgetown or 2/7 Miami? I may just try to swing a quick trip out East... just a thought. And of course, you'd get ME sitting with YOU at the game as a bonus!
    I sent you a PM with an alternate suggestion.

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I love the flyover by the loud planes...I don't want to be protected by aliens. I want a bunch of loud guys who can kick butt. Unless the aliens can kick their butts.
    I always loved the flyovers at Arrowhead. It seemed like they were only a few feet above the tallest point of the stadium then someone complained about the noise level in the stadium during the flyover. It turns out they were actually flying below their ceiling. We still got flyovers after that, but they were never as close again.

Sue71 - did you use a special camera to get the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I always loved the flyovers at Arrowhead. It seemed like they were only a few feet above the tallest point of the stadium then someone complained about the noise level in the stadium during the flyover. It turns out they were actually flying below their ceiling. We still got flyovers after that, but they were never as close again.

Sue71 - did you use a special camera to get the picture?
    If I told you, I'd have to have EJ kidnap you to his basement with BillyBreen.

If I told you, I'd have to have EJ kidnap you to his basement with BillyBreen.
    That could be interesting.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I am at this moment downloading pictures from my digital camera to my computer. I feel so 21st century!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I am at this moment downloading pictures from my digital camera to my computer. I feel so 21st century!
    LOL. I was just talking with a really old friend of mine - he's retired - and his wife got him an iPod for Christmas, so he said the exact same thing to me a few minutes ago. He was rocking out to some 60's music.

What's the over/under on getting to 8000 posts this weekend? I'd say it's a done deal.

9F 9F 9F