Page 161 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 611111511591601611621631712112616611161 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 67393
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    OK, I made up the 1078 number.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    OK, I made up the 1078 number.
    I'm so glad you posted #3000, and that you made up 1078. If you counted up all the topics you would be even crazier than me.

I went for a nice run this morning, about 7.5 miles, on the trails. It was a great morning, sunny with a nice breeze and not too hot. I can't wait until Kayla the puppy can run with me!

lte

It's going to be me and what a better way to make post Y3K than with statistics.

We've been at this for 227 days. There are 82 different posters represented in this thread, 27 of them only once. We have discussed 1078 topics. I have the dubious record of posting here way more than anywhere else. And I started knitting the first scarf today. When I finish the first three, I'll come up with a new contest for another. Don't hold your breath though.

Congrats and here's to the next 3000!
    Well played, BD. A hearty congratulations! And thanks for becoming my friend this AM (all 4 emoticons used for Ymo's viewing pleasure)

Aw shucks, I missed it. I was too busy enjoying Yankee Stadium.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Don't hold your breath though.
    My sister and I played that game. Her funeral was sad. At least she went out a winner.

Woohoo...3000. We are really putting some distance on any of the other threads. Congrats to BD for getting this together and to all for participating.

BB, enjoying Yankee Stadium? Really? Well actually I would too just for all the history.
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 08-03-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Woohoo...3000. We are really putting some distance on any of the other threads. Congrats to BD for getting this together and to all for participating.

BB, enjoying Yankee Stadium? Really? Well actually I would too just for all the history there overtime.
    Yeah, I'm totally baseball ambivalent, so I'm neither a Sox or Yankees fan. My dad wanted to see a game at the Stadium before it explodes, so we converged here for the weekend.

It was a _gorgeous_ day at the park today.

BD, congrats on getting the big milestone post. You've definitely earned it! How's the shoulder?

In what is becoming a typical St. Louis Sunday afternoon, I went by Ted Drewe's and then visited my great-aunt at the nursing home. I tried Terra Mizzou today. Quite good. Now I have to go ride my bike around Forest Park for at least an hour to work it off!

BD, congrats on 3000. Can you come up with a 10 minute play about this thread? That would be challenging, not that I'm issuing a challenge.

Tilly's plan for the week: I am officially on my staycation. Spent time at the pool yesterday and today. Wasn't there too long, just long enough for some dormant freckles to resurface. Plan to spend time at the pool everyday this week. As I shared with my father, God intended for us to relax on vacations and that is exactly what I'm going to do. As I'm about to finish a book I started a few weeks back, tomorrow I'll be heading to the used bookstore (any suggestions of one in Durham I HAVE to visit?) to pick up some trashy/romantic novels to pass the time at the pool.

I will workout during my vacation, that will be the extent of my un-relaxing time.

Talking Working off a TerraMizzou?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I tried Terra Mizzou today. Quite good. Now I have to go ride my bike around Forest Park for at least an hour to work it off!
    No you don't.

I would usually work it off by having a HeathBar Concrete.

I was younger then.

lte

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    No you don't.

I would usually work it off by having a HeathBar Concrete.

I was (so much) younger then.
    I'm younger than that now...

What, no Schlafly's to wash it/them down?

We're approaching post number 3030. For some reason I like the number 3030. I think it's a gun or a bullet. If I wasn't so lazy I could google it. Okay, I just googled it. It seems to be a caliber of bullet. There are several different guns that have the 30-30 designation.

As you can deduce from my discourse above, I'm not a gun person. My family hunts, and they eat what they kill: usually deer, sometimes duck or pheasant. I'm too soft for the killing, but I will eat the meat. Contradiction?

This whole gun discussion probably belongs on the PP board. Mea culpa.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    BD, congrats on 3000. Can you come up with a 10 minute play about this thread? That would be challenging, not that I'm issuing a challenge.

Tilly's plan for the week: I am officially on my staycation. Spent time at the pool yesterday and today. Wasn't there too long, just long enough for some dormant freckles to resurface. Plan to spend time at the pool everyday this week. As I shared with my father, God intended for us to relax on vacations and that is exactly what I'm going to do. As I'm about to finish a book I started a few weeks back, tomorrow I'll be heading to the used bookstore (any suggestions of one in Durham I HAVE to visit?) to pick up some trashy/romantic novels to pass the time at the pool.
    Oh, we had a stay-cation too! Thanks a heap, inflation and ludicrously expensive gas.

Yesterday we went to the Locust Fork River which is normally gorgeous, but to our chagrin discovered that it has become something more along the lines of Algae Fork Pond. The water was awful, lower than I've ever seen it and so fetid that these big clumps of algae were floating along downstream. Any of you who know how to do an effective rain dance, please do so on behalf of our state!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm younger than that now...

What, no Schlafly's to wash it/them down?
    Maybe today. It's hotter than Hades.

What say, all? A St. Louis DBR "Mafia" gathering at Schlafly's?

lte

How large a contingent does the St. Louis DBR mafia have? All I can think of are you and Throaty?

lte

Hotter than Hades? That sounds more like chappaheeya than St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    Oh, we had a stay-cation too! Thanks a heap, inflation and ludicrously expensive gas.

Yesterday we went to the Locust Fork River which is normally gorgeous, but to our chagrin discovered that it has become something more along the lines of Algae Fork Pond. The water was awful, lower than I've ever seen it and so fetid that these big clumps of algae were floating along downstream. Any of you who know how to do an effective rain dance, please do so on behalf of our state!

You can have some of our rain, we have had more than our fair share here in the Boston area.

Thumbs down House-Selling 101

I can't stand my sleep disorder. It's re-surfaced alongside the anxiety of house-hunting. One of the weird things that I'm starting to realize is that a lot of folks who have put their houses on the market just aren't CLEANING the house. Could you at least do the simplest of things and fix up the exterior?

No wonder houses are on the market so long.

We saw 20 houses in two days. Only 5 exteriors were pressure-washed. Of these, only two were staged. I mean seriously folks, please leave everything cluttered. I really want to see four generations of family photos on a 3' x 5' stretch of wall. And keep those refigerator magnets up! Did you not think twice before leaving that fur ball on the rug?

There are at least two other people in this world who have office papers stacked in obstacle course fashion. The only difference is that I removed mine before we put our house on the market.

More bizarre is the fact that two vacant homes smelled of gasoline, as they left gasoline/lawn equipment in the closed, hot garage.

One place we wanted to see refused to show us the house over three days. I mean, the house is for sale, but they didn't want to show it to someone who is interested. HUH??

More observations later,
    Lavabe
    Last edited by Lavabe; 08-05-2008 at 04:51 AM. Reason: removed redundancy

I guess they are too busy living in it to really want to sell it...

Thumbs up House-Selling 101

Sorry, but I couldn't let a little curmudgeonly rant go without the positives we saw. Some simple, good things that people did to attract our attention:

1) Lawn mowed: yes a simple act, but I really appreciated the ones who mowed the lawn (and kept the clippings off).
    2) Flowers outside: They really do add color. And they tended to relax me going into the house.
    3) Insects under control: I must admit that EJam's "fear" posts came into play. Houses that had cobwebs dangling in my face (I'm 6'7") were hard to reconcile. On the other hand, bumblebees/honeybees in the flowers are very nice.
    4) Neighbors: After selling our house, I came to realize that our neighbors were part of the house package. Likewise, when buying, knowing/seeing the neighbors definitely helped us out.
    5) Interior color: This is strange. I thought I'd prefer neutral colors. But a lot of neutral in the same house just wore me down. Instead, the houses that made me feel more relaxed were the ones with color. Neutral carpets were fine, but I was surprised at how the non-neutral wall colors suited me more. One exception: anytime we saw Chapaheeya blue.
    6) Clean house.
    7) In one house, the owner left his adorable, friendly black lab free in the living room. He was SOOOO friendly, and he never left the room. That was a risky move, but in this one case, WOW did it work.

Now if there was some evidence of DBR swag/life, we'd be more likely to buy the house.

Cheers,
    Lavabe