Page 1540 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 54010401440149015301538153915401541154215501590164020402540 ... LastLast
Results 30,781 to 30,800 of 67398
    Does wtso.com or the DBR virtual pub count?

Watching? Or coming here?

Mosquitos...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Tough loss. Felt like the entire game was played on the wrong end of the ice.
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Mosquitos...
    Is that a bar or are you battling some this evening?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Is that a bar or are you battling some this evening?
    Battling them and other pests last evening. Was out on the screened in porch and could see them massing for attack. Was talking to someone in SC last evening about bugs in general. She loathes the Southeast because she says so many more bugs there which I can't necessarily disagree with.

My bigger issue is my cats have fleas. This is going to be a long drawn out process. Going to the vet today to get a more powerful flea preventative. Currently using Frontline Plus, but getting Revolution. May have to rotate through several different ones as some have noted that some fleas appear to have built up tolerances to what is available on the market.

Week long yard battle of Crows vs Hawks continues, Hawks brought in a reinforcement today...it's roughly six on two action. Hawks refuse to be dislodged. Most entertaining...

I miss Satisfactions. Hadn't been there in a while, but I still miss knowing it was there.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Battling them and other pests last evening. Was out on the screened in porch and could see them massing for attack. Was talking to someone in SC last evening about bugs in general. She loathes the Southeast because she says so many more bugs there which I can't necessarily disagree with.

My bigger issue is my cats have fleas. This is going to be a long drawn out process. Going to the vet today to get a more powerful flea preventative. Currently using Frontline Plus, but getting Revolution. May have to rotate through several different ones as some have noted that some fleas appear to have built up tolerances to what is available on the market.
    Poor kitties. My dogs always had fleas growing up. My guinea pigs do not have fleas.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I miss Satisfactions. Hadn't been there in a while, but I still miss knowing it was there.
    Satty's was great. Their food was quite good imo, and that space was just really cool. I continue to have the sense that somehow Brightleaf Square mysteriously can't unlock its full potential (although to be fair, I haven't set foot in Brightleaf in at least a decade).

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Satty's was great. Their food was quite good imo, and that space was just really cool. I continue to have the sense that somehow Brightleaf Square mysteriously can't unlock its full potential (although to be fair, I haven't set foot in Brightleaf in at least a decade).
    The original Satty's was in Lakewood Shopping Center.

Lakewood Shopping Center is where I went to see Santa Claus when I was a kid. He had a little house set up on the sidewalk as we are dealing with "The Time Before Malls".

Meeting a friend for lunch.

Outdoors somewhere?

I've been doing picnic lunches with friends for a couple of months.

Outdoors somewhere?

I've been doing picnic lunches with friends for a couple of months.
    picnic lunches (and early dinners) are a great success...but Fall temps are going to drive us inside in another month or so...

Last weekend, I went to a theatrical performance in a parking lot. Three actors in the show, one married couple (who played a married couple) and an actor playing a waiter. It was technically a staged reading so they didn't use any actual props and they pantomimed the serving of the food so the waiter never actually got close to the table. But it worked. The audience sat on lawn chairs in the parking lot in designated "pods". Family groups only could be in the same pod. Audience was limited to 50 per Massachusetts regulations, actually 46 as the actors and director counted. I think there were about that many people there. I never got closer than 6 feet to anybody else.

The original Satty's was in Lakewood Shopping Center.

Lakewood Shopping Center is where I went to see Santa Claus when I was a kid. He had a little house set up on the sidewalk as we are dealing with "The Time Before Malls".
    I remember Santa at Lakewood. I also remember going to see Captain Kangaroo there. I was terrified of him, but then he gave me a candy bar, so he became my new best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    picnic lunches (and early dinners) are a great success...but Fall temps are going to drive us inside in another month or so...
    We might be able to have a picnic in reasonable weather in a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Meeting a friend for lunch.
    Funny, you may not believe this, but I just met a friend for lunch.

Good to see you again, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I remember Santa at Lakewood. I also remember going to see Captain Kangaroo there. I was terrified of him, but then he gave me a candy bar, so he became my new best friend.
    A person I know rather well bought Captain Kangaroo's house.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Funny, you may not believe this, but I just met a friend for lunch.

Good to see you again, my friend.
    Lunch beer makes for long, sleepy afternoon.