Page 980 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 4808809309709789799809819829901030108014801980 ... LastLast
Results 19,581 to 19,600 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Fun fact: "Friday" in German is " Freitag," which I am told literally translates to "free day"

So, be frei all tag.
    That is why I didn't go to work today.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    That is why I didn't go to work today.
    Carpe Freitag.

Fun fact: "Friday" in German is " Freitag," which I am told literally translates to "free day"

So, be frei all tag.
    First day of summer vacation for this teacher. I'll be frei for several tags!

Ich kann ein bisschen Deutsch verstehen.

I was able to work a Jimi Hendrix lyric in to post yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I was able to work a Jimi Hendrix lyric in to post yesterday.
    In German?

In German?
    Nope, that's probably why I've only got the 7 pitchforks.

Lila Dunst ist in meinen Augen. . . Entschuldige mich, während ich den Himmel küsse!!!!

Und die Gabelstangen für dich!

(darn, told I must spread love first . . . . )

Lila Dunst ist in meinen Augen. . . Entschuldige mich, während ich den Himmel küsse!!!!

Und die Gabelstangen für dich!

(darn, told I must spread love first . . . . )
    Nicely done. I didn't know Lila Dunst and was iffy on Himmel.

A balmy 103F here in the Esss Ehh today.

Should I self report? Or just hope no one finds out, do a mock internal investigation, then when I realize the problem is larger than I expected have a real investigation done? Only to impugn the integrity of the real investigation at a later date when it appears I may actually get in trouble. Or should I just wait for the two Leona Maguire threads to be combined?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Should I self report? Or just hope no one finds out, do a mock internal investigation, then when I realize the problem is larger than I expected have a real investigation done? Only to impugn the integrity of the real investigation at a later date when it appears I may actually get in trouble. Or should I just wait for the two Leona Maguire threads to be combined?
    Put it off as long as possible. That seems to have worked for unc. Save your money and skip the investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Put it off as long as possible. That seems to have worked for unc. Save your money and skip the investigations.
    Luckily justice was measured and swift in this case.

Tomorrow will be the longest day of the year.

It certainly was for me as I used every bit of the waning light to finish up a flagstone patio.

Good for you Ymo! Nothing sexier than a guy who gets his "to do" list done.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Good for you Ymo! Nothing sexier than a guy who gets his "to do" list done.
    "To do" lists only get longer, never done.

Important Announcement

After years of planning, and despite a total lack of demand, I have decided to take OPK public and to franchise OPK. Future OPKs to offer the four pillars of any successful enterprise: barbecue, brisket, bourbon and beer. OPKs have ample space to stretch out and relax, with an eclectic selection of music in the background. All OPKs come with an ample dose of corny humor; an ambitious yet humble foreign policy; and a domestic policy with a penchant for informed discourse and abiding consideration for the enlightened self-interest of the community.

But mainly, bourbon.

I am currently scouting locations for franchises, and franchise opportunities are available. IPO to launch though GoFundMe page, with par value for a share being about the cost of a fast food meal.

Details to follow.

After years of planning, and despite a total lack of demand, I have decided to take OPK public and to franchise OPK. Future OPKs to offer the four pillars of any successful enterprise: barbecue, brisket, bourbon and beer. OPKs have ample space to stretch out and relax, with an eclectic selection of music in the background. All OPKs come with an ample dose of corny humor; an ambitious yet humble foreign policy; and a domestic policy with a penchant for informed discourse and abiding consideration for the enlightened self-interest of the community.

But mainly, bourbon.

I am currently scouting locations for franchises, and franchise opportunities are available. IPO to launch though GoFundMe page, with par value for a share being about the cost of a fast food meal.

Details to follow.
    I'll be flying into and out of RDU in a few weeks - if your undisclosed location is in that area or along the route to Duck, we could meet and discuss the opportunity.

I need to see a detailed market study. Fast food lunches aren't as inexpensive as they used to be.

So, can Duke basketball fervor be subbed for the bourbon? I'm down with the beer, brisket, etc, but I'm not up to the entry standards in bourbon drinking.

As mentioned previously and frequently, I make collards that might cause a person to punch themselves in the head, they're so good. I can put that on my application resume.

To be expected that as soon as the announcement is made, the quibblers would start chirping, right?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'