Page 76 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778861261765761076 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 67404
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Hoorah, a new poster to the LTE! I was beginning to think there were only about 12 of us who bothered to open the thing.

Pancakes are good -- my hubbie's brunch specialty is chocolate chip pancakes, slathered with crunchy peanut butter and maple syrup. Yeah, I thought it was strange at first too, but it's really tasty!
    My wife makes killer french toast, but we've switched to waffles this year. She got a new Alton Brown-approved (courtesy of "The Waffle Truth" Good Eats ep) waffle maker for Christmas. Fresh made waffles and bacon from Whole Foods -- that's the way to start a Sunday.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Congrats to 1500 posts

I have nothing profound to say, so I'll toss in some party supplies and let y'all at it.

Smile From the Jewish side of things

I make a mean matzah brei. I prefer savory, but I hear tell that there's a pretty large faction that prefers sweet.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Just an update on the ranking by Views -- the LTE is by far the longest thread on any board. It also has the 11th most views of any thread, but we have a long, long way to go to catch the Patrick Patterson thread (currently 73,880 views).

It's harder to check for longest duration (time from first posting to most recent), but it's unlikely the LTE will ever claim that crown. The 'Two Posts Away' and 'Duke Hatred Tsunami' threads have both been around far longer and are still going strong.

Does anyone else feel that they get dumber during boring days at work? I can literally feel my brain cells melting away in a haze of inactivity. As such, I have been "forced" to resort to Sudoku and Crossword puzzles to maintain some form of mental acuity.

I finished both the crossword and sudoku for the Washington Post in 19 minutes today. I defy someone on this board to beat this time. (note: you may need to register to play -- sorry!)

http://crosswords.washingtonpost.com...aily/front.htm

Perhaps the above post is why I'm at work at this hour of the night. I got dumber as the day went on and didn't leave.

Actually, it is so I can be sure to be home tomorrow for tip-off.

LGD!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukerati View Post
    Does anyone else feel that they get dumber during boring days at work? I can literally feel my brain cells melting away in a haze of inactivity. As such, I have been "forced" to resort to Sudoku and Crossword puzzles to maintain some form of mental acuity.
    Not so much getting dumber at work specifically, but I definitely feel like my brain power has been steadily decreasing since I got out of b-school in 2003. Like, it just is no longer capable of working as hard, for as long a sustained time, as it once did. This new gig is really causing me to do some real mental stretching (which, like real stretching, is at times enjoyable and other times painful!)

When my brain has had enough, either at work or more frequently, at night at home, I somehow find myself here on the OTB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukerati View Post

I finished both the crossword and sudoku for the Washington Post in 19 minutes today. I defy someone on this board to beat this time. (note: you may need to register to play -- sorry!)

http://crosswords.washingtonpost.com...aily/front.htm
    Most definitely. When I can, I work Sudokus. I like to use my brain, and my current job doesn't often give me the opportunity to do that.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Yesterday I mailed a package to Coach K, in it were two Nike wristbands, a Sharpie, and a SASE. I've asked him to sign the wristbands for me and then mail them back so I can wear them when I run the marathon. Keep your fingers crossed. It doesn't feel like too much to ask plus I think I made it easy. I've got a 'Wriststrong' bracelet from the Colbert Report show which I intend to wear as well.

I got the head of the Dramatist's Guild of America, who I have never met but I have had email exchanges, to make a donation. He came through! I have no shame. I really am slowly but surely asking everyone I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I've got a 'Wriststrong' bracelet from the Colbert Report show which I intend to wear as well.
    The wrist is the ankle of the arm. Kudos!

longest

Quote Originally Posted by BigTedder View Post
    I like pancakes.
    I like pancakes, too, Chocolate chip. Banana/chocolate chip. Blueberry. How about a ymm, pancakes thread? Nah, that would draw posts away from this one.

Wink It's about time!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTedder View Post
    I like pancakes.
    Funny, I like pancake bunnies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Funny, I like pancake bunnies.
    That bunny looks oddly Fench to me.

Il semble y a un lapin avec une crêpe sur sa tête, et elle ressemble à un chapeau. Peut-être un béret ?

Just asking.

Thumbs up It doesn't get lost in translation!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    That bunny looks oddly Fench to me.

Il semble y a un lapin avec une crêpe sur sa tête, et elle ressemble à un chapeau. Peut-être un béret ?

Just asking.
    La saison des lapins.
    La saison des canards.
    La saison des lapins.
    La saison des canards.
    La saison des canards.
    La saison des lapins.

BLAMMMMMM!!!!!

Mille, cinq cents!!!

à bientôt,
    Lavabe
    Last edited by Lavabe; 03-14-2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: translation

La saison des lapins.
    La saison des canards.
    La saison des lapins.
    La saison des canards.
    La saison des canards.
    La saison des lapins.

BLAMMMMMM!!!!!

Mille, cinq cents!!!

à bientôt,
    Lavabe
    I sometimes call my wife 'mon petit poulet.' That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I sometimes call my wife 'mon petit poulet.' That is all.
    My wife has taken to calling me "Client Number 9." I hope that is not a bad omen.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    My wife has taken to calling me "Client Number 9." I hope that is not a bad omen.
    Just call her Ashley Dupre. Then prepare for a nice night on the couch.

Canard! Lapin! Canard!

La saison des lapins.
    La saison des canards.
    La saison des lapins.
    La saison des canards.
    La saison des canards.
    La saison des lapins.

BLAMMMMMM!!!!!

Mille, cinq cents!!!

à bientôt,
    Lavabe
    I'm a little slow; I just got this. Sad - I speak French, and I'm a huge Bugs Bunny fan. The hunting trilogy are among my faves, too. Comment dit-on "I'm a fiddler crab. It's fiddler crab season. Why don't you shoot me?" en Français?

What I miss about the old DBR site

The recruiting section had the commitments at the bottom of the page. Does this still exist?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The recruiting section had the commitments at the bottom of the page. Does this still exist?
    I miss it too ... how else will we know what names to submit in the next DBR Name the Baby Contest?

Olek?

Say, isn't there one more Davidson brother?

Cheers,
    Lavabe