Page 2330 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 133018302230228023202328232923302331233223402380243028303330 ... LastLast
Results 46,581 to 46,600 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    ...I'm not in love my relationship with the team...there are parts of sports that trouble me deeply on the grander scale...
    I couldn't agree more with this point of view. The Barves' move was a major catalyst, but in the years since then, I've significantly divested myself of sporting allegiances. Less than a year after the Barves turned their coats, the Failcons likewise came with their hand out looking for public money to replace a stadium not nearly old enough to need replacing. So that was, on principle, bye bye Failcons for me as well (a move that ended up being wise, because the Failcons just keep failing).
    I don't watch much football of any kind anymore, in fact, because it's physically disastrous and culturally toxic. I haven't watched the Super Bowl since the Failcons failed in it almost 5 years ago, and I don't watch much college football either (I'll make an exception this year if Georgia actually manages to make the college title game).
    I've been vocal about how my Duke basketball fandom is withering on the vine, because there's so much turnover that I don't feel like I know who the players are and the system is just too disjointed year by year.
    I root for the Hawks because I like basketball and they're very entertaining, but I don't have nearly the emotional investment I once did in my teams.
    I'm an Atlanta United (soccer) season ticket holder and will keep being so for the foreseeable future because 1) They're a good, well-run club, and 2) just as importantly, it's the most diverse and inclusive fanbase and gameday experience I've ever been a part of, by a wide margin.
    But that's it. My level of interest in big-time sports is precipitously lower than it was 5-8 years ago, and it continues to decline annually.

If it’s Tuesday, it’s for tacos and soapboxes.

I kid, I kid…

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

I kid, I kid…
    Watch yourself, or it'll be for battle axes too.
    WilsonViking.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

I kid, I kid…
    Can someone hold this high horse for me so I can dismount?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Watch yourself, or it'll be for battle axes too.
    WilsonViking.jpg

As always, riposte!

B7F1B298-3E84-4279-A9AF-D12B050DF0C3.jpg

I agree with all y’all, just mcribbing….

Hell, I went to Carolina and both love and respect the University
    Holy crap, and we've been letting you post here this whole time?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'm still into sports, but the sports are different. I am a Tour de France junkie, so much so that I've started watching the Vuelta too. I still love Duke basketball but I don't arrange my schedule around the games anymore, if I'm home and they are on, I will watch them. I'm still a big figure skating fan but I find the ladies' event to be the most boring, interchangeable Russian teenagers with careers that last, maybe, if they are really lucky, more than 3 years are ruining that particular sport. It's like the one and dones in college basketball. Russia has figured out a training method to get 16/17 year old girls doing quads, but then they are so injured by the time they are 19 they are out of the sport. I would like to see them bring back the school figure, quite frankly.

Fun fact, since 1994, only one Olympic gold medalist on the women's side has ever come back for a second Olympics and only 2 have ever come back and won a medal at the World Championships after their Olympic win. Kim Yuna won gold in 2010 and silver in 2014. Alina Zagitova won the world title in 2019 after her win in 2018 but is now out of the sport. That's it. I can't even remember the name of the flash in the pan Russian teenager that won in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    ah, this is getting interesting, there could be more beans to be spilled, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ah, this is getting interesting, there could be more beans to be spilled, yes?
    NOW do you see why I wear the pink boxing gloves?!?!?

By the way, even though you are a 'hole,

Happy Respiratory Care Week!

I know. I get it. I am a Devil though.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    By the way, even though you are a 'hole,

Happy Respiratory Care Week!
    Thanks Aimo!

Clem is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, and slathered in bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Clem is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, and slathered in bacon.
    We would also have accepted "weird".

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I'll take the bacon; you keep the rest. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I'll take the bacon; you keep the rest. 😂
    I dunno, Clemmons is allegedly pretty beefy from all those push-ups.

Every single one of us...

I know. I get it. I am a Devil though.

Man. COVID booster still laying me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Man. COVID booster still laying me out.
    I'm sorry for you, and I truly do empathize. Hang in there. If you're like most people with bad reactions (including me), when it does go away, it will be fairly quickly over and done with.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I'm sorry for you, and I truly do empathize. Hang in there. If you're like most people with bad reactions (including me), when it does go away, it will be fairly quickly over and done with.
    It's what I expected. Second shot kicked me hard too.