Page 2820 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 18202320272027702810281828192820282128222830287029203320 ... LastLast
Results 56,381 to 56,400 of 67405
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Recovery under way. Had to go in for a Mohs surgery to remove an invasive skin cancer...lots of burrowing and slicing required...got home yesterday with a world class headache, then Ralph and I drove the porcelain bus for a spell before I fell into bed.
    Not the best day, but today has been pretty good. Makes one (me) appreciative of good health...

Hope you feel terrific soon. And I really hope the team makes you exceedingly happy.

Recovery under way. Had to go in for a Mohs surgery to remove an invasive skin cancer...lots of burrowing and slicing required...got home yesterday with a world class headache, then Ralph and I drove the porcelain bus for a spell before I fell into bed.
    Not the best day, but today has been pretty good. Makes one (me) appreciative of good health...
    Yikes. Feel better soon and speedy recovery!

Feel better my brother.

Well, that's no fun. Hopefully a speedy recovery is on the way.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    thanks...getting recovered so I can yell at the TV tomorrow during the football game.
    Sorry about that. Sound unpleasant. Here's to a quick recovery!

I hope you continue to feel better

ETA: Well, I needn’t have worried for this thread’s longevity.

Arrow gave his senior presentation at assembly yesterday. It's supposed to be a personal story, but beyond that, they can talk about whatever they want to talk about. Arrow signed up to go first because he wanted to get it over with, he hates public speaking and was super nervous about it. He didn't want it looming over his entire senior year. Parents are invited. At first he told me that I couldn't come, but I told him, oh heck no to that (I might have used language that would be wankerized).

He chose to talk about his health journey. So far, at his high school, outside of his teachers, he hadn't shared the "cancer survivor" story with that many of his classmates. Yesterday, everybody got the full story. He spoke for about 10 minutes. He started out wishing one of his buddies a happy birthday. They are 2 days apart in age (Arrow turns 18 tomorrow), then moved on to giving a content warning which his senior presentation advisor told him he needed to do. At the end, he thanked his classmates, teachers, advisors, brothers, and father. Then he said he saved the most important thank you for last and went into the story of how his mom had been with him every step of the way, taking him to every chemo session, every MRI, every surgery - always being there when he woke up. He said, in front of the whole school, "I love you Mom and I wouldn't be here without you."

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Arrow gave his senior presentation at assembly yesterday. It's supposed to be a personal story, but beyond that, they can talk about whatever they want to talk about. Arrow signed up to go first because he wanted to get it over with, he hates public speaking and was super nervous about it. He didn't want it looming over his entire senior year. Parents are invited. At first he told me that I couldn't come, but I told him, oh heck no to that (I might have used language that would be wankerized).

He chose to talk about his health journey. So far, at his high school, outside of his teachers, he hadn't shared the "cancer survivor" story with that many of his classmates. Yesterday, everybody got the full story. He spoke for about 10 minutes. He started out wishing one of his buddies a happy birthday. They are 2 days apart in age (Arrow turns 18 tomorrow), then moved on to giving a content warning which his senior presentation advisor told him he needed to do. At the end, he thanked his classmates, teachers, advisors, brothers, and father. Then he said he saved the most important thank you for last and went into the story of how his mom had been with him every step of the way, taking him to every chemo session, every MRI, every surgery - always being there when he woke up. He said, in front of the whole school, "I love you Mom and I wouldn't be here without you."
    And that's the story of a mom who has lived her life right. Congratulations, BD! Well-earned.

Sounds like a great kid, thanks to a great mom. Well done, and congratulations.

Heck, no, you weren't missing that!

Wow. It got dusty here in the Montreal Airport reading that. Beautiful and thank you for sharing.

Lucky kid. Wonderful Mom.

Just flew over Vermont. Your yard looks great Bud. Who was that I saw rolling around in the grass?

that's SO nice! It's difficult to talk about that stuff, but ultimately rewarding. Major kudos to his mom...and to him.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Just flew over Vermont. Your yard looks great Bud. Who was that I saw rolling around in the grass?
    I have trouble with some of the neighborhood women dropping by...not sure how to keep them away. They seem disinterested in mowing my lawn...

where were you flying to, Europe? Given the circle route to Europe, it's unreal how many flights go over our house to Yerp...FlightRadar24 is a great tool, so many flights from Newark, DC, Atlanta, Houston arc over VT and the Canadian maritimes to go over the pond...throw in the occasional Boston to Tokyo or Seoul for good measure...

I have trouble with some of the neighborhood women dropping by...not sure how to keep them away. They seem disinterested in mowing my lawn...

where were you flying to, Europe? Given the circle route to Europe, it's unreal how many flights go over our house to Yerp...FlightRadar24 is a great tool, so many flights from Newark, DC, Atlanta, Houston arc over VT and the Canadian maritimes to go over the pond...throw in the occasional Boston to Tokyo or Seoul for good measure...
    You should hang out with me. I have never struggled to keep them away. Flying home from Montreal.

You should hang out with me. I have never struggled to keep them away. Flying home from Montreal.
    Maybe this is the week we lunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Maybe this is the week we lunch!
    I can Friday. You available?

Wow. It got dusty here in the Montreal Airport reading that. Beautiful and thank you for sharing.
    It got dusty in the chapel where they have assemblies too.

It got dusty in the chapel where they have assemblies too.
    I bet. Sweet story.