Page 977 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 4778779279679759769779789799871027107714771977 ... LastLast
Results 19,521 to 19,540 of 67379
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Gazpacho... I live off it in the summer.
    Ooh, great suggestion! I forgot about that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Speaking of broken legs, Bostondevil will be spending the next 2-4 months in a boot (aircast, if you must). The injury appears to be marathon related. It's either a stress fracture or shin splints. The doctor made the mistake of telling her not to run anymore marathons. If he had said, sure, run as many more marathons as you like, just be careful about preventing this from happening again, Bostondevil would have probably told him, "I'm not that crazy." Telling Bostondevil not to do something? Bostondevil is that crazy. She's got this thing about attempting things she's been told she can't do - legal things that is. But we will see. Certainly not running again next year. Maybe 2020.

Bostondevil doesn't always do the third person thing but it seemed appropriate this time. ;-)
    I feel this comment is appropriate: Oy.

And get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Local market has fresh cooked crawfish, iced down. Gonna be a heck of a day.
    Ok, now you're just showing off.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Trust me, you'll be disappointed. It's what I do.

Playing a few events in the WSOP at the Rio, schedule permitting.
    1. Are you here now?

2. I was at Binion's last night. My dad was playing in a charity poker tournament (he didn't win). He's going back tonight (another game tonight) but I'll be at a friend's party instead. If you're in town, the tourney benefits Heaven Can Wait animal rescue. $10k (IIRC) for the winner. Or $10k prize money. Something about $10k, but it's definitely not the buy in Starts around 6pm.

I made crack* this morning to bring to my friend's party.

* Crack

Quote Originally Posted by sue71, esq View Post
    1. Are you here now?

2. I was at Binion's last night. My dad was playing in a charity poker tournament (he didn't win). He's going back tonight (another game tonight) but I'll be at a friend's party instead. If you're in town, the tourney benefits Heaven Can Wait animal rescue. $10k (IIRC) for the winner. Or $10k prize money. Something about $10k, but it's definitely not the buy in Starts around 6pm.
    No, if I can shake my hearing it will be the first week of July more or less. Not looking promising right now, which stinks.

Only played in Binion's once, when I stayed at the Nugget for a few days.

$10,000 probably the guaranteed prize pool, to be split among several folks. The more folks who play, the higher the prize pool may go.

Good luck to Dad!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Taking a mini-vacation to Salem, Mass next weekend. Gonna do the Witch Museum, the New England Pirate Museum, maybe the Peabody Essex Museum and hit up a new yarn store in downtown Salem.

Taking a mini-vacation to Salem, Mass next weekend. Gonna do the Witch Museum, the New England Pirate Museum, maybe the Peabody Essex Museum and hit up a new yarn store in downtown Salem.
    Warn the North Shore!

Why are pirates so mean?

I don't know. They just arrrrrrrrrr . . . "

Thunderstorms here this evening. Hopefully we will get rain also.

Ahhhh, Mondays!

Like my sig says, I'm probably being petty in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Like my sig says, I'm probably being petty in another thread.
    Or speaking the truth. Thomas the Tank Engine says hello.

(assuming I got the correct thread)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Or speaking the truth. Thomas the Tank Engine says hello.

(assuming I got the correct thread)

Ding ding ding ding! I think that's the sound it makes.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My hubby was out of town when the tickets went on sale, so, I have already purchased my own birthday present - I am going to see 'An Inconceivable Evening with Cary Elwes' on my birthday - screening of The Princess Bride, Q&A session, and I got a VIP ticket which includes a meet and greet afterwards!

Check out my friend's 2017 My Rode Reel Competition short film submission. I make a couple of very brief cameos again this year (the film is only 3 minutes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhGsrx5ZGTU&t=75s

Talented guy he is, eh? He has been a finalist each year he has participated.

Also, be sure and check out the behind the scenes afterwards...it is VERY cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIhFjiJjw34

My hubby was out of town when the tickets went on sale, so, I have already purchased my own birthday present - I am going to see 'An Inconceivable Evening with Cary Elwes' on my birthday - screening of The Princess Bride, Q&A session, and I got a VIP ticket which includes a meet and greet afterwards!
    Have you read his book (I think it's called "As You Wish")? If not, a very interesting and easy read of how the movie came together and was filmed. Lots of input from other cast members, and lots of funny stories.

My new mantra, "Be grateful" I am forcibly stopping myself from bellyaching. The world needs less weezie-tude.

But I shall still refer to myself in third person.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    My new mantra, "Be grateful" I am forcibly stopping myself from bellyaching. The world needs less weezie-tude.

But I shall still refer to myself in third person.
    "Weezie is not amused"

Are you using the Royal Third Person, or the Roy Third Person?

"Weezie is not amused"

Are you using the Royal Third Person, or the Roy Third Person?
    With Weezie, it is always the Royal Third Person.