Page 2168 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 116816682068211821582166216721682169217021782218226826683168 ... LastLast
Results 43,341 to 43,360 of 67405
    BiL Wayne will be in the hospital at least one more night. Blood cultures aren't back yet. They are also worried about the skin flap that is covering the end of the toe amputation site. Fortunately, he isn't in pain and his sense of humor is intact - not sure about my sister's, however.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Interesting question: if you had to lose 1 toe, which would you choose? I tend to agree with you. I'd lose one of the interior toes.

Not making light, wish your BiL all the best.
    I'd say middle, except that one is connected to my second toe via a bone, so if I lose one, I lose 'em both. Accordingly, I'd have to lose the little piggy that had none. Best of luck to the BiL.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Thanks but let's not oversell it. I'm fine.
    Hey, you almost in-game dunked and that's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    BiL Wayne will be in the hospital at least one more night. Blood cultures aren't back yet. They are also worried about the skin flap that is covering the end of the toe amputation site. Fortunately, he isn't in pain and his sense of humor is intact - not sure about my sister's, however.
    That does not sound fun. At all. Wish him well!

Stupid roosters.

Stupid roosters.
    around the summer solstice, it get light-ish around here shortly after 4 a.m. and those creature commend their activities...I have three within hearing range...so I generally turn on a fan to suppress the noise.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    around the summer solstice, it get light-ish around here shortly after 4 a.m. and those creature commend their activities...I have three within hearing range...so I generally turn on a fan to suppress the noise.
    Wouldn’t a fox work better?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    I would think a fox running around your room would wake you up.

Light hits around 5 am here and the Amish farm caddy wampus to our property has a few. It’s been nice enough that the AC has been off and been sleeping with the windows open. The other birds waking up is kind of nice but the roosters are annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Foxes are doing very well thinning the chicken herds, but it seems like just about everyone has backyard chickens these days. Just yesterday a neighbor came by and dropped a dozen eggs on us (gently).

We had three very healthy adolescent foxes romping on our driveway last week, they cavorted for a long time...shortly thereafter we found a bunch of feathers at the end of the driveway, chicken dinner!

My wife just reminded me of a neighborhood dynamic last year, a neighbor with an annoying rooster turned him loose in the woods, and a bunch of do-gooders wrangled him and brought him home...ha.

Serenity now...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Serenity now...
    Did it work?

We usually do take out on Fridays. I start thinking about what I want on Tuesday.

My neighbors just got chickens and one turned out to be a rooster. Right outside my bedroom window. Thinking coq au vin REAL soon!

The Red Wheelbarrow
    BY WILLIAM CARLOS WILLIAMS

so much depends
    upon

a red wheel
    barrow

glazed with rain
    water

beside the white
    chickens

The Red Wheelbarrow
    BY WILLIAM CARLOS WILLIAMS

so much depends
    upon

a red wheel
    barrow

glazed with rain
    water

beside the white
    chickens
    Don’t keep us in suspense. What depends, man?!!!

Don’t keep us in suspense. What depends, man?!!!
    So much. This is one of my favorite poems of all time. Those two words are unbelievably weighty in this poem. If you think about farming and pastoralism and what it takes to survive in agriculture. Those two words are immense.

So much. This is one of my favorite poems of all time. Those two words are unbelievably weighty in this poem. If you think about farming and pastoralism and what it takes to survive in agriculture. Those two words are immense.
    Oh, see, now I’m confused. I couldn’t figure out why all those adult diapers were in a wheel barrow next to a chicken coop. I don’t understand poetry at all.

I got mad hits like I was Rod Carew.

Did it work?
    Still waiting