Page 1995 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 99514951895194519851993199419951996199720052045209524952995 ... LastLast
Results 39,881 to 39,900 of 67382
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Sucks. Next year hire budwom to buy you a pile of mulch and preserve it in its delivered state in perpetuity.

Problem solved.
    I'm actually transitioning many of the mulch beds to rock.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I think I've been drinking coffee since I was three. Seriously. It was mostly milk and sugar then, but still coffee. I am far from an addict, I drink way more tea, both hot and iced. Bu, I do love me a good cup of coffee.
    I can't claim three, but I did carry a thermos of coffee in high school. In my defense, it was a very rigorous academic program.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm actually transitioning many of the mulch beds to rock.
    Is that code for you also just finished the push up challenge? Transitioning to rock? Me too brother. Me too.

There’s people out there, turning music into gold.

Is Sunday night the worst night of the week? I'm on the record for Tuesday being the worst full day of the week but Sunday night is just blah.

Is Sunday night the worst night of the week? I'm on the record for Tuesday being the worst full day of the week but Sunday night is just blah.
    Yes on both.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Yes on both.
    What makes Tuesday worse than Monday or Wednesday? Sunday dread is built on fears of Monday's arrival.

Yes on both.
    How'd the brisket turn out?

I'm lukewarm on Brunswick stew but maybe I haven't had a good one.

What makes Tuesday worse than Monday or Wednesday?
    Monday still has the rosy afterglow of the weekend.

Wednesday has the promise of an approaching weekend.

Tuesday is far from the shore no matter how you look at it.

How'd the brisket turn out?

I'm lukewarm on Brunswick stew but maybe I haven't had a good one.
    Brisket got good reviews but I was very disappointed. It had been in the freezer for a long time and did not cook well.

Burnt ends were better.

The Brunswick stew was excellent.

What makes Tuesday worse than Monday or Wednesday? Sunday dread is built on fears of Monday's arrival.
    Here's my take.

There has to be a first day of the week. It's Monday. Bite the bullet and live with it.

Wednesday is Hump Day. Thursday is the penultimate day of the work week (and in college it was the first night out). Friday is Friday and the weekend are weekends (except Sunday night).

Tuesday is 2/5ths through the week. It's just...you're just in the week at the point and that's it.

Edit: Essentially what OPK said...

Brisket got good reviews but I was very disappointed. It had been in the freezer for a long time and did not cook well.

Burnt ends were better.

The Brunswick stew was excellent.
    That's too bad on the brisket. Your description had my taste buds piqued, that's for sure. Brisket is a fickle cut though.

That's too bad on the brisket. Your description had my taste buds piqued, that's for sure. Brisket is a fickle cut though.
    Yeah, I think it was a product problem and not a process problem.

I seem to be the only one worried about it though. Everyone else seemed to like it or at least were polite enough to say they did.

Frankly, it was just great to gather with friends. First time we had done this in 14 months.

Is that code for you also just finished the push up challenge? Transitioning to rock? Me too brother. Me too.
    I did wear a tank top while mowing the lawn. Mainly because it was 90F out.

Tuesday, to me, is the LONGEST day of the week. Mondays tend to move quickly, but Tuesdays drag so slow for me. And if Monday is a holiday, then Wednesday becomes Tuesday and drags, too.

Sundays suck b/c you know the weekend is ending, you have to go back to work, and all you can think is How did it go by so quickly?!?

I did wear a tank top while mowing the lawn. Mainly because it was 90F out.
    But did you wear sandals or flipflops and expose your feet?

When not doing yardwork, yes. I have a set of flip flops by each door to outside.

*And one set needs replacing. The other set are 25 years old and going strong.

I'm not going to spready seven cubic yards of rock, this I know...though many years ago I did own a house mostly landscaped with crushed stone, I appreciate the easy care of that.

oooh, Danger, Danger! A few years ago my wife and toured some National Parks in Utah, did it in early May, the parks were empty...several park rangers told me that, by far, their biggest problem was tourists stumbling around in grotesquely inappropriate footwear, lots and lots of flip flops, lots and lots of sprained ankles and ugly falls...

When not doing yardwork, yes. I have a set of flip flops by each door to outside.

*And one set needs replacing. The other set are 25 years old and going strong.
    Wear shoes. Ain't nobody want to see your feet. This is for everyone with the possible exception of Bostondevil. She raves about her feet.