Page 1145 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 1456451045109511351143114411451146114711551195124516452145 ... LastLast
Results 22,881 to 22,900 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Kayaking Saturday and Sunday with DaughterPK, who is home for a few days before her final exams.

OPK is smiling, even though at the office and referring to himself in the third person.

Gonna be a warm week here, teetering on 90 every day with lows in the upper 60's. Pool probably swimmable in the next few days, if not already.
    You better be careful, we might start calling you Roy*.

* Just kidding - please don't flame me.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Heck, you can kayak in eastern NC and see alligators! Gotta be cooler than seein' dem lazy manatees...

-jk
    Sounds like an extra bump to the heart rate with gators around.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    You better be careful, we might start calling you Roy*.

* Just kidding - please don't flame me.
    OPK is not amused. But he will still take you kayaking.

OPK is not amused. But he will still take you kayaking.
    Thank you, OPK. You are too kind. Will we be seeing alligators when we go?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Thank you, OPK. You are too kind. Will we be seeing alligators when we go?
    Not likely, unless we go to the lowlands. A stray gator (no relationship to our beloved fellow poster) makes it up this far some summers, but usually not. And they will not get up into the upstate area.

Lots of turtles, though, sunning themselves on the tree limbs sticking out of the water. So that may scratch your reptile itch. Saw some monsters out there this weekend. Also saw a few hawks, and some water birds although I get cranes, egrets, and related things mixed up so not sure exactly what they were. Long-necked things.

Not likely, unless we go to the lowlands. A stray gator (no relationship to our beloved fellow poster) makes it up this far some summers, but usually not. And they will not get up into the upstate area.

Lots of turtles, though, sunning themselves on the tree limbs sticking out of the water. So that may scratch your reptile itch. Saw some monsters out there this weekend. Also saw a few hawks, and some water birds although I get cranes, egrets, and related things mixed up so not sure exactly what they were. Long-necked things.
    That is why I like to kayak - seeing various birds, turtles, and other non-harmful critters.

I saw four snakes on a short hike last week up near Hot Springs. I am sure there were numerous others I missed.

Is it bad that I never had even the slightest interest in watching Game of Thrones?

I am sure it is wonderful, and many have recommended it to me. But that train seems to have left the station and it all sounds like a dark ages soap opera.

Maybe I'll re-watch Breaking Bad.

(And no offense meant to those that love GoT -- it just never bit me I guess).

Is it bad that I never had even the slightest interest in watching Game of Thrones?

I am sure it is wonderful, and many have recommended it to me. But that train seems to have left the station and it all sounds like a dark ages soap opera.

Of course it's not bad! Turk needs the same dispensation for checking out of the Star Wars franchise after they made those three movies that were "before" the original trilogy. They lost Turk for good after that; he's never been much of a space / sci-fi person.

"Dark ages soap opera" is a pretty good take. (but couldn't you say the same thing about "Princess Bride", only funnier?) GoT definitely has a medieval Renaissance-Faire-meets-Tolkien vibe to it.

If you need some beach reading, try the first book ("Game of Thrones") and see how it takes. Turk thought the books were pretty good and ended up reading all five, even though he's seen only a few episodes of the TV show.
    "Quality is not an option!"

I have to confess to "doubly bad" as I haven't seen either one of them.

^^^yeah, me neither.
    But Les Miserables on Masterpiece Theater is simply wonderful. Developing a master-crush on Dominic West, I am.
    Husband-of-weezie under yellow card warning to not ask clueless questions during the show.
    One more chance before he's sent to the penalty box
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

While I'm at it, not a big fan of the Marvel or DC Comic movies or at least find it hard to get way worked up.

I know I'm shedding a lot of street cred here, but . . . gotta keep it real.

...I know I'm shedding a lot of street cred here...
    Only a true OG can afford to shed that much street cred and still be as OG as OPK.

I've put you in for a street cred-credit to get your balance back up. Seeing as how I am in charge of that stuff.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Only a true OG can afford to shed that much street cred and still be as OG as OPK.

I've put you in for a street cred-credit to get your balance back up. Seeing as how I am in charge of that stuff.
    That's lit, thanks. Mad props. 100

What the hell is Endgame?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    An anagram for Aged Men?

I was hoping it meant they all die, but apparently not.

Hahahaha thanks for the first good laugh of the day Ymo!

Ender's Game?
    One of my favorite books ever!