Page 242 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1421922322402412422432442522923427421242 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 67392
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Nah, I'm putting together a reading of a play (not mine) in Newburyport next Tuesday and I'm still scrambling to find actors. I'm taking a directing class. My parents are visiting. Ronnie's birthday is Wednesday. I'm almost finished knitting two kids sweaters. 'My wedding to plan, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it, I'm swamped.'
    Wow, you are very busy.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    SPOILER ALERT
    The final scene of the movie was included in the trailer, which was extremely lame. At that part of the movie, you just knew how it was going to end and that sucked. If they had excluded that scene from the trailer, viewers might've had some hope that the CDC would come in and rescue her, or that she'd make it out alive.
    Heck, just check out the poster. Giving away the ending ain't nothing to these people.

--Jason "trailers are never made by the same people who make the movie-- and it shows" Evans

A sad day for a kid that doesn't remember what it was like without this guy

The illustrious Pete Van Wieren is retiring from Atlanta Braves broadcasts after 33 years:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...n_retires.html

For you non-Braves fans itching to restart the tripe about how Braves broadcasters are not that good/overrated/whatever, go be wrong somewhere else.

Smile Sad day, but all the best for Pete

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The illustrious Pete Van Wieren is retiring from Atlanta Braves broadcasts after 33 years:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...n_retires.html

For you non-Braves fans itching to restart the tripe about how Braves broadcasters are not that good/overrated/whatever, go be wrong somewhere else.
    This is sad, especially with Caray passing this year too, and Sutton having left a little before.

Any discussion who will be taking over?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Hmmm, what was this doing over there? (page 2)

I wish him all the best. The man knew his business.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Hmmm, what was this doing over there? (page 2)
    I feel like I've been in a rut lately. Personal life totally crazy, work beyond unreasonably insane, leaving for a trade show Thursday, lease is up next week , cats and dogs... living together. Anyway, I try to post everyday but I just suck.

P.S. And heartburn too

I feel like I've been in a rut lately. Personal life totally crazy, work beyond unreasonably insane, leaving for a trade show Thursday, lease is up next week , cats and dogs... living together. Anyway, I try to post everyday but I just suck.

P.S. And heartburn too
    I've been in a rut also...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I've been in a rut also...
    Me too (I've whined to that effect a bit in recent weeks). I think things are looking up though; at least I know that the Falcons and the Blue Devils will be playing some meaningful football games in November(?!?!?!).

Me too (I've whined to that effect a bit in recent weeks). I think things are looking up though; at least I know that the Falcons and the Blue Devils will be playing some meaningful football games in November(?!?!?!).
    I wouldn't go so far as to call it whining. I definitely think things are looking up too. Basketball season is charging forward, the NFL season is starting to shape up... fun time of the year.

I believe that Braves fans may have entered a new era. For the past 5-6 years, Braves owners/management either couldn't or wouldn't retain talent like Maddux, Glavine, Furcal, Drew, Texiera etc. TBS dropped the Braves from their regular broadcast. The Braves quit going after great free agent talent. The injuries piled up. The only bright spot this year was Chipper's chase of 400% and the batting title. I don't really see much hope for the near future with the Braves current ownership.
    Tom Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Tommac View Post
    I don't really see much hope for the near future with the Braves current ownership.
    Not so fast, my friend. GM Frank Wren has said that the team plans to increase total payroll next season by about $15 million. Combined with several contracts' expiration, this gives the team about $45 million to spend in the free agent market this offseason. That doesn't go nearly as far as it once did, but it's still a lot of cash.
    The team is currently in relatively serious talks about Jake Peavy (who is under contract through 2013) and is considering several other SPs as well, most notably AJ Burnett and Matt Cain.
    The Braves will be more competitive (financially and on the field) next season than they have been in at least half a decade.

P.S. And heartburn too
    With the exception of the Trade Show, you pretty much just described my last couple of months (including the heartburn).

Has anyone else noticed that this thread is quite long?

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    With the exception of the Trade Show, you pretty much just described my last couple of months (including the heartburn).

Has anyone else noticed that this thread is quite long?
    Sorry to hear you're in the same boat. I've been telling myself all year long: "Next month will be better, next month will be better." Now it's October, almost November and I realize that I have fooled myself into getting through the year. Sweet.

Sorry to hear you're in the same boat. I've been telling myself all year long: "Next month will be better, next month will be better." Now it's October, almost November and I realize that I have fooled myself into getting through the year. Sweet.
    Nice work. But you can also take heart in the fact that, in 10 days, you can be absolutely certain that "next month will be better." That's because, as of November 1, "next month" will be The Most Wonderful Time of the Year.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Hey Ymo, think you could read a part in a play? Seriously. I'm way beyond hitting the panic button, I need warm male bodies (who doesn't) to read the 9 parts in the play reading I'm producing next Tuesday night, 10/28, in Newburyport. The parts are all Navy men and it's set in WWII. Actually there's one Army Lieutenant. Yes, I know, you're not an actor, but really, how hard could it be?

(More details? It is a public reading - that means an audience - and the playwright will be there. There is a discussion session afterwards.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Hey Ymo, think you could read a part in a play? Seriously. I'm way beyond hitting the panic button, I need warm male bodies (who doesn't) to read the 9 parts in the play reading I'm producing next Tuesday night, 10/28, in Newburyport. The parts are all Navy men and it's set in WWII. Actually there's one Army Lieutenant. Yes, I know, you're not an actor, but really, how hard could it be?

(More details? It is a public reading - that means an audience - and the playwright will be there. There is a discussion session afterwards.)
    C'mon Ymo, do it!!!

Though, BD, I think if you used women to read the parts, it would give a twist to the play no one was expecting.

Nice work. But you can also take heart in the fact that, in 10 days, you can be absolutely certain that "next month will be better." That's because, as of November 1, "next month" will be The Most Wonderful Time of the Year.
    That's a fantastic point! Next month really WILL be better.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    C'mon Ymo, do it!!!

Though, BD, I think if you used women to read the parts, it would give a twist to the play no one was expecting.
    Perhaps someone could channel billybreen, and get him to read a part.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Perhaps someone could channel billybreen, and get him to read a part.
    Or BD could start playing Saints Row...