Page 17 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927671175171017 ... LastLast

I'm an oldster...

When did East Campus become coed...or Freshman dorms, etc.? I was working all those years at other Universities (now back in N.C.) and trying to catch up on changes.

Second question.
    Where do students see movies on campus now?

Third question.
    Where do students get snacks (burgers, etc)? We used to have "dope shops."

East Campus was Coed when I was there in '89. So that creates a window of 26 years or so. They have shifted it to all freshmen at some point, but I haven't paid attention.

For movies, during my days we watched them at Reynolds Theater in the Bryan Center. I don't think that has changed.

We had the Lobby Shop and other things in the Bryan Center and I think they expanded the hours of the other dining facilities. And of course everyone had a microwave in their room...

My latest thread has gone 1:30 without reply. It may sneak through to irrelevance.

Chow men...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    East Campus was Coed when I was there in '89. So that creates a window of 26 years or so. They have shifted it to all freshmen at some point, but I haven't paid attention.

For movies, during my days we watched them at Reynolds Theater in the Bryan Center. I don't think that has changed.

We had the Lobby Shop and other things in the Bryan Center and I think they expanded the hours of the other dining facilities. And of course everyone had a microwave in their room...

Wow, lotta changes. I mentioned somewhere else that we also had "chow men" who would come around around 10:30 PM or so and sell sandwiches, cookies, fruit, milk and stuff like that. They were very popular and allowed the chow guys to make a few bucks to boot. I think the women on East may have had the same kinda thing. Don't know though.

Microwaves were a thing of the future in my day...like so many other things. I did manage to sneak in one of the first TV's into my room however. Bought it for $25 (black and white, of course). (We weren't allowed to have them; even if you had the money to buy a new one! A monster of a thing probably worth a fortune on ebay these days to collectors....

longest thread

My latest thread has gone 1:30 without reply. It may sneak through to irrelevance.
    wow, I was posting every 30 seconds for a while a couple days ago. It really has slowed down!

Yeah, well it is Christmas Eve I guess. (And I now say good bye to Shane.)

My family doesn't let me wrap presents on Christmas Eve because I'm so bad at it so I'll keep this thread going!

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    My family doesn't let me wrap presents on Christmas Eve because I'm so bad at it so I'll keep this thread going!
    i'm waiting for tape and sissors.

I've outsourced my wrapping...

Well...

my wife and I are real scrooges this year... No decorations, no travel, and except for one or two, no wrapped packages. Not having kids around makes a difference.

Even so, we sat by a nice fire and talked until now. That was nice. Now it's time to hit the sack, we'll open the unwrapped packages tomorrow....

Season's Greetings to all...

Mele Kalikimaka everyone!

Mele Kalikimaka everyone!
    Mele Kalikimaka to you too Ymo!

Am signing off the board as will be heading back to North Carolina in a few hours. Still haven't opened presents at my parents, that has to be a new record.

Will return to reading and posting tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas/day off and you enjoy your time with your families.

Tilly

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    In the spirit of Christmas and with the prodding of Fish80 I have decided to offer a prize, truly. I'm thinking of a number over 500. Whoever gets that number post in this thread will win a handknit scarf. I will do the knitting. The winner may pick color family, funky or classic style, and within reason yarn content. Good luck!

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all

Cheers

Christmas Cheers to all!
    Lavabe

longest thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Christmas Cheers to all!
    Lavabe
    Merry Christmas to all. Belated Hanukka(h) blessings, too. Happy holidays. It is a shame we have no games until 1/6 or else I would wish all of our foes a painful round of Seasons Beatings, also .

I'll Throw My $.02 In

And there you have it.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Okay, let's make this a 1,000 post thread

Does anyone remember Sen-Sen. Wee, little squares of licorice flavored breath 'mints?'

Also -- does anyone know why hundreds of thousands of dollars is spent 'decorating the inside of the White House' -- which no one will really see -- when that $$ and all those volunteers could be feeding the homeless, or whatever. Confuses me. (Off-topic, know it belongs in Public Policy, but...couldn't resist).

From the original thread -- never a fan of pop-tarts, but White Castle still make me drool. As does Taylor Ham, and Philly Cheesesteaks. (...have to be a Jersey or Philly girl to appreciate the art of such. And let's add Salt Water Taffy & Cotton Candy down the Jersey shore).

are we there yet? are we there yet?

I always figured the best saltwater taffy could be had in Utah. But I was never much of a taffy connoisseur.