Page 1471 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 4719711371142114611469147014711472147314811521157119712471 ... LastLast
Results 29,401 to 29,420 of 67648
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'm not.

Avoiding mowing the lawn, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I did indeed stop at the Vermont Welcome Center 10 miles from the NH border on I-89. Vending machines empty. Orange cones and caution tape set up to guide you, blue masking tape arrows on the floor, no water fountains, it's a one way deal to use the restrooms. I didn't actually use the restrooms, I only stopped to stretch my legs, so, it was a quick walk through the welcome center. I checked out the nearby Vietnam Veterans Memorial too. Then The Drewsk and I got back in the car and headed on up to Burlington. Not many brochures but there were some hunting and fishing guides available.
    I imagine you and the family will be up for a moose hunt this Fall?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I imagine you and the family will be up for a moose hunt this Fall?
    If we're allowed!!

As soon as the state of Vermont tells me I can stay in a hotel and I don't have to quarantine for 14 days, I plan to visit for real.

Category 1: That Thing You Do, Almost Famous, A Hard Day's Night, This is Spinal Tap, The Commitments, Ray, Dreamgirls, What's Love Got to Do With It, Josie and the I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.cats, Walk the Line, Coal Miner's Daughter, The Buddy Holly Story, La Bamba,
    School of Rock, The Blues Brothers, Rock Star, Killing Bono, A Star is Born (Bradley Cooper/Lady Gaga version), Bohemian Rhapsody, Rocketman. Bonus entry: Yesterday

Category 2: Titanic, Out of Sight, One Fine Day, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Rise of the Guardians, The Shining, Speed

Category 3: Clash of the Titans (only counted first one), Wrath of the Titans, Spartacus, Gladiator, Ben Hur, Jason and the Argonauts. Troy, Hercules, The Trojan Women, Cleopatra, Pompeii, The Eagle

(featuring Romans or ancient Greeks as characters counted even if they weren't actually set in their homelands)
    Category 2: Jack Skellington from ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ needs to be on there. Does Jack-Jack Parr from ‘The Incredibles’ count as a main character? Jack Swigert is a main character in ‘Apollo 13,’ yes? And isn’t Kurt Russell’s character in ‘Big Trouble in Little China’ Jack somethingorother?

Category 1: That Thing You Do, Almost Famous, A Hard Day's Night, This is Spinal Tap, The Commitments, Ray, Dreamgirls, What's Love Got to Do With It, Josie and the I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.cats, Walk the Line, Coal Miner's Daughter, The Buddy Holly Story, La Bamba,
    School of Rock, The Blues Brothers, Rock Star, Killing Bono, A Star is Born (Bradley Cooper/Lady Gaga version), Bohemian Rhapsody, Rocketman. Bonus entry: Yesterday

Category 2: Titanic, Out of Sight, One Fine Day, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Rise of the Guardians, The Shining, Speed

Category 3: Clash of the Titans (only counted first one), Wrath of the Titans, Spartacus, Gladiator, Ben Hur, Jason and the Argonauts. Troy, Hercules, The Trojan Women, Cleopatra, Pompeii, The Eagle

(featuring Romans or ancient Greeks as characters counted even if they weren't actually set in their homelands)
    And Category 3 should seemingly include 'The Passion of the Christ.’ What about ‘Life of Brian’?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Category 2: Jack Skellington from ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ needs to be on there. Does Jack-Jack Parr from ‘The Incredibles’ count as a main character? Jack Swigert is a main character in ‘Apollo 13,’ yes? And isn’t Kurt Russell’s character in ‘Big Trouble in Little China’ Jack somethingorother?
    Jack-Jack from The Incredibles was discussed and dismissed by the sons as not being a main character. Kurt Russell has to have played a 'Jack' at some point. I'll look up his page on imdb. And yes! Jack Skellington!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    And Category 3 should seemingly include 'The Passion of the Christ.’ What about ‘Life of Brian’?
    Life of Brian - we did come up with that and I just forgot to list it. The Last Temptation of Christ could go on the list too.

Life of Brian - we did come up with that and I just forgot to list it. The Last Temptation of Christ could go on the list too.
    ’Alexander’ is another one.

Avoiding mowing the lawn, that is.

Mission accomplished. Now to take care of the scalp.

Hanna, not just a show on Amazon Prime.

Still likely tracking south of us. I had planned on not mowing, but with the potential for multiple inches of rain, I am worried that the grass would be out of control by next weekend. And just like that, the first raindrops are falling.

Describe thy mowers! Self propelled but stand behind types? Riding?

Shocking admission. I've never mowed a lawn or used a lawnmower. Growing up our house was on a hill and the riding mower tipped over injuring the rider. So my mother wouldn't let me mow the lawn. But she made up for it by having us do lots and lots of yardwork. I despised it for that reason, and haven't done much since. I don't really want to start now because I'm sure the backyard is full of dog turds. I despise stepping in dog turds for any reason to this day.

I do feel I'm missing out on one of life's great pleasures. I pay someone to take care of our yard and get a good rate for once a week and once every couple weeks in winter. I guess it's worth it for me to have one less to-do on short summer weekends.

So no clue on lawnmowers. But I wonder what is the best lawnmower beer for those of you who know? Budwom knows. I'm thinking a Burial Inner tube lager would taste fabulous after mowing the lawn on a hot day.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Shocking admission. I've never mowed a lawn or used a lawnmower. Growing up our house was on a hill and the riding mower tipped over injuring the rider. So my mother wouldn't let me mow the lawn. But she made up for it by having us do lots and lots of yardwork. I despised it for that reason, and haven't done much since. I don't really want to start now because I'm sure the backyard is full of dog turds. I despise stepping in dog turds for any reason to this day.

I do feel I'm missing out on one of life's great pleasures. I pay someone to take care of our yard and get a good rate for once a week and once every couple weeks in winter. I guess it's worth it for me to have one less to-do on short summer weekends.

So no clue on lawnmowers. But I wonder what is the best lawnmower beer for those of you who know? Budwom knows. I'm thinking a Burial Inner tube lager would taste fabulous after mowing the lawn on a hot day.
    This is mine:http://longtrail.com/beers/long-trail-ale%C2%AE

Full bodied amber ale, but it must be in a bottle for the glug glug effect, just not the same out of a can.

p.s. glad we've trained our dogs to poop off in the puckerbrush (off premeses)..no one enjoys The Order of The Brown Foot (especially wearing sneakers with elaborate soles)

I have a little more than a quarter acre to mow. I use a battery powered mower that is self-propelled at the press of a button. Knowing what I know now, I would have skipped the self propelled feature because the lawnmower is a lot lighter than a gas powered one.

I took advantage of a program from my utility company that reimbursed $50 of the mower cost if I went electric.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-80-v...wer/1000698046

This is mine:http://longtrail.com/beers/long-trail-ale%C2%AE

Full bodied amber ale, but it must be in a bottle for the glug glug effect, just not the same out of a can.

p.s. glad we've trained our dogs to poop off in the puckerbrush (off premeses)..no one enjoys The Order of The Brown Foot (especially wearing sneakers with elaborate soles)
    That sounds like such a tasty, flavorful, and refreshing beer. Another reason to make sure I get up to Vermont one day.

From beeradvocate:
    "Long Trail Ale is a full-bodied amber ale modeled after the “Alt-biers” of Düsseldorf, Germany. Our top fermenting yeast and cold finishing temperature result in a complex, yet clean, full flavor. Originally introduced in November of 1989, Long Trail Ale beer quickly became, and remains, the largest selling craft-brew in Vermont. It is a multiple medal winner at the Great American Beer Festival."

That sounds like such a tasty, flavorful, and refreshing beer. Another reason to make sure I get up to Vermont one day.

From beeradvocate:
    "Long Trail Ale is a full-bodied amber ale modeled after the “Alt-biers” of Düsseldorf, Germany. Our top fermenting yeast and cold finishing temperature result in a complex, yet clean, full flavor. Originally introduced in November of 1989, Long Trail Ale beer quickly became, and remains, the largest selling craft-brew in Vermont. It is a multiple medal winner at the Great American Beer Festival."
    we bought our house in 1990, so Long Trail Ale and I have been enhancing lawns together for 30 years now.

From beeradvocate:
    We're talking beer!!