Page 1190 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1906901090114011801188118911901191119212001240129016902190 ... LastLast
Results 23,781 to 23,800 of 67390
    Same here - there is a lot of family history, so I will always keep an eye on the Steelers, but I won't plan my life around them.

(And congrats on your team's promotion from "Chefs" to "Chiefs!".)

They're probably my second favorite AFC team, perhaps just a notch ahead of the Chargers, and anyone who ever beats the Patriots.
    "Quality is not an option!"

(And part of that family history includes wagering with my brothers on the over/under on the number of people wearing Steelers logowear at Mass. Forgive us, Lord, for we are sinners...)

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I'll watch a good bit on Saturday, but not one snap on Sunday.
    The NFL can kiss my gooch.
    I haven't watched a complete NFL game in more than 10 years but I have watched a couple of 4th Quarters of Super Bowls that involved the Patriots.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Ahh, this explains the funk.
    Maybe. That doesn't seem to explain all of it though.

Well I'll watch Daniel Jones this Sunday but I'm too embarrassed to watch the Lions.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Well I'll watch Daniel Jones this Sunday but I'm too embarrassed to watch the Lions.
    Well, the Lions haven't lost yet this season.

I have recurring traumatizing flashbacks.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Time to get some barbecue...

Time to get some barbecue...
    Time to hit the river, just loaded the kayak.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Time to hit the river, just loaded the kayak.
    Not going to Franklin's so freed up a few hours of wait time.

One way to not go 0-2 for the weekend is for one of your teams to have a bye week.

Just emptied 5 inches of rain from the rain gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Just emptied 5 inches of rain from the rain gauge.
    Yikes!

For us, after setting a 12 month record for total rainfall a few months ago (and that shortly after setting a calendar year record - it just kept coming!), we're about a month past our last real rain. And with no more rain in sight, I've been watering all around the house this weekend. Not so worried about our (paltry) grass, but the azaleas we relocated (they're not yet very resilient) and the new and old pachysandra.

-jk

Air fried chicken wings, then sauced and finished on the grill. SonPK happy, so I’m happy.

We could use a little rain here. Maybe not 5 inches, but 2-3" would work out well.

Boa noite...

Happy 70th birthday, Bruce Springsteen!

The local indie radio station played their picks of 70 songs this morning. Started my Monday off on the right foot.

https://thekey.xpn.org/2019/09/23/springsteen-2/

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Happy 70th birthday, Bruce Springsteen!

The local indie radio station played their picks of 70 songs this morning. Started my Monday off on the right foot.

https://thekey.xpn.org/2019/09/23/springsteen-2/

YMMV.
    I think the varying mileage will come from the heavy bias to a couple albums at the top of the list. The list very much appears to be from someone in their late 50s at their youngest. While I recognize the brilliance of his early work and now prefer it, I still have a soft spot for some of the songs much lower down on the list.

And FWIW, they have some incorrect references...or maybe not. Definitely at least one that I saw immediately.

I think the varying mileage will come from the heavy bias to a couple albums at the top of the list. The list very much appears to be from someone in their late 50s at their youngest. While I recognize the brilliance of his early work and now prefer it, I still have a soft spot for some of the songs much lower down on the list.
    I agree. I sort of expected the classic rock tilt; although I doubt no one has "Incident" as high as #4; I guess it was only there to pair with "Rosalita" at #3...

Also, I wouldn't have restricted the list to just the studio albums; adding a few versions from the live albums would have freshened things up a bit.
    (And I would have made another pass with the editing - #29 "She's the One" is on Born To Run, not USA.)

"For those scoring at home, and for those who are by themselves:"

Born To Run - 7 of 8 (excluding "Night")
    Darkness - 7 of 10 (excluding "Factory", "Something in the Night", "Streets of Fire")
    Born in the USA - 10 of 12 (excluding "Working on the Highway", "I'm Going Down")
    Wild, Innocent - 6 of 7 (excluding "Wild Billy")
    Greetings - 5 of 12
    Tunnel of Love - 6 of 12
    Nebraska - 4 of 10
    The River - 9 of 20 (supporting my decades-long opinion that The River should have been pruned down to a single album!)

So that's 54 of the 70. Of the remainder, the highest-ranked is "Streets of Philadelphia" at #17.

I feel like "The Rising" and "Wrecking Ball" are the most under-represented, with only 2 songs each. I would have included two, maybe even three songs from each album over the lesser songs in "USA" and "River".

I suspect most people would have the same 50 or so songs, and the remaining 20 would be the fun ones to talk about.