Page 857 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 35775780784785585685785885986790795713571857 ... LastLast
Results 17,121 to 17,140 of 67394
    If anyone had suggested to young weezie, as she was growing up in suburban Detroit, that she would one day make one hell of a killer mess of collard greens with smoked turkey and cornbread to soak up the pot-liquor, she would not have understood a single word of that declaration.
    It's good to surprise one's own self every so often!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    If anyone had suggested to young weezie, as she was growing up in suburban Detroit, that she would one day make one hell of a killer mess of collard greens with smoked turkey and cornbread to soak up the pot-liquor, she would not have understood a single word of that declaration.
    It's good to surprise one's own self every so often!
    If you had told YoungPhiKap (in New England) he would be up early on Saturday, in Georgia, cooking shrimp and grits while watching his bbq pork butts smoke, he likewise would not have understood anything in that sentence.

Embrace life. It's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If you had told YoungPhiKap (in New England) he would be up early on Saturday, in Georgia, cooking shrimp and grits while watching his bbq pork butts smoke, he likewise would not have understood anything in that sentence.

Embrace life. It's fun.
    What shall we name our restaurant? I'll be the pub matron, you can finesse the sit down guests.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Working on rebuilding a fence that was blown down a week ago.

Speaking of that, what's everyone planning for the weekend?

What shall we name our restaurant? I'll be the pub matron, you can finesse the sit down guests.
    "Weezie's Wet Your Whistle"?

We need DiNK for the gravy though.

That seems a tad, uh, hhhhmmmmmmm...

"Weezie's Wet Your Whistle"?

We need DiNK for the gravy though.
    Happy to join in on the plans.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Working on rebuilding a fence that was blown down a week ago.
    I know it's bad form to quote myself, but what the hey! Digging fence post holes in 92 degree south Texas sun(heat index of 102) through nice thick limestone is a younger man's game. Note to self, rent the jackhammer next time.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Happy to join in on the plans.
    Could this be our retirement plan being hatched?

Could this be our retirement plan being hatched?
    Works for me.

"Dōmo arigatō, Mr. Roboto"

It is elfing hot

I want to blast the lights out of a particular ground hog that keeps ripping up my plants.

"Licensed to kill gophers..." indeed.

Weezie's inspiration:

image.jpg

I want to blast the lights out of a particular ground hog that keeps ripping up my plants.

I have a friend who could help you out. I still chuckle at his description of doing the Marine belly crawl to take out a critter that was eating his tomatoes. And, yes, he was within city limits so he quickly hid his weapon in case anyone called the cops. Last year, he took out 42 squirrels. He is my hero!

My grandparents went to war against a groundhog ages ago. Two seasons worth (they called a truce over the winter). They tried trapping, flooding, poisoning, all sorts of things. Eventually, my uncle got it with a .22 from the balcony.

-jk

Smile

The squirrels are welcome in my yard. After the developer stripped my subdivision of nearly all trees, there aren't any to be found.

I read that as "I want to blast the lights out of a particular ground hog that keeps ripping up my pants," and I giggled.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The squirrels are welcome in my yard. After the developer stripped my subdivision of nearly all trees, there aren't any to be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I read that as "I want to blast the lights out of a particular ground hog that keeps ripping up my pants," and I giggled.
    Which, mashed together, made me think of this:

https://youtu.be/OID7gA8fcaw

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Agreed.

I am strongly considering camping out on the patio chairs, or actually encouraging husband to do so this weekend. Out here in the boonies, the shotgun comes in handy once in a while...without going all PPB about it. He nailed a rabid raccoon last year that was charging the cat up a tree. I love the drama of our hillbilly existence.