Page 584 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 8448453457458258358458558659463468410841584 ... LastLast
Results 11,661 to 11,680 of 67390

Headache of the day

My insurance agent mentioned to me in passing, "It's our agency's policy to not insure condos over 40 years old." She told me this today, the day before I'm supposed to have all the information in to have my loan approved. Yes, insurance is a requirement. I have called another agency to get a quote, primarily because she didn't bother to disclose this information to me several weeks ago when I first started getting the wheels turning for insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    My insurance agent mentioned to me in passing, "It's our agency's policy to not insure condos over 40 years old." She told me this today, the day before I'm supposed to have all the information in to have my loan approved. Yes, insurance is a requirement. I have called another agency to get a quote, primarily because she didn't bother to disclose this information to me several weeks ago when I first started getting the wheels turning for insurance.
    That stinks! You probably have already done this but you mentioned that you had an acquaintance in the building - can you find out who insures her unit?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    That stinks! You probably have already done this but you mentioned that you had an acquaintance in the building - can you find out who insures her unit?
    I think I did one better: I called the agency that holds the condo association insurance policy. They're willing to help me out and will have a quote for me in the morning. They'll be getting my car insurance policy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I think I did one better: I called the agency that holds the condo association insurance policy. They're willing to help me out and will have a quote for me in the morning. They'll be getting my car insurance policy, too.
    Good move - and I would switch my cars also. Did your agent have an explanation on the 40 year issue? Will they not insure homes that are 40 years old? Seems strange to me that they wouldn't insure it.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Good move - and I would switch my cars also. Did your agent have an explanation on the 40 year issue? Will they not insure homes that are 40 years old? Seems strange to me that they wouldn't insure it.
    She provided no explanation whatsoever, just the statement that this is their company's policy. It's certainly their right to have such a policy, but I have a huge problem with the fact that, for 2 weeks, she led me to believe that it wouldn't be a problem to insure my condo. Today's little gem was dropped in passing. I consider that to be a very poor way to do business. The car is definitely getting switched.

Another Shin Kickerzz/Biterzz success story!

The extra car is gone! Good work, all!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Forgot to tell y'all that 'Heartbreak Hill' got into another festival here in MA. It will be done in Braintree in June. Also, just sent 'Almost Made in Heaven' (the one with the immortal line 'I think Coach K is sexy') to a festival in Charlotte *fingers crossed*. The festival is called Six in the City and it was supposed to be for NC, SC, TN, GA, and VA playwrights only. I emailed them and asked if being born and raised in Durham made me eligible. I also told them I had a very North Carolina - centric play and they said sure, send it in, so that was nice of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Forgot to tell y'all that 'Heartbreak Hill' got into another festival here in MA. It will be done in Braintree in June. Also, just sent 'Almost Made in Heaven' (the one with the immortal line 'I think Coach K is sexy') to a festival in Charlotte *fingers crossed*. The festival is called Six in the City and it was supposed to be for NC, SC, TN, GA, and VA playwrights only. I emailed them and asked if being born and raised in Durham made me eligible. I also told them I had a very North Carolina - centric play and they said sure, send it in, so that was nice of them.
    Congrats, BD! That's fantastic! Best of luck on 'Almost Made in Heaven.'

True story.

I had the pleasure of watching sextuple overtime with EarlJam tonight (there's definitely a joke embedded there somewhere).
    I also took 2 of 3 games of chess from him.
    Discuss.

Smile Welcome Back, Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I had the pleasure of watching sextuple overtime with EarlJam tonight (there's definitely a joke embedded there somewhere).
    Discuss.
    You lost the one game of chess during which overtimes?

6+ hours...and I don't have anything substantive to add.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    That game ended pretty late last night. A friend of mine and I used to play pretty regularly, and after 11PM my wife would be shouting from the bedroom "no more takebacks"! She was eager for the games to be over so he'd leave.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I watched that game to the bitter end as well. I did not play chess during it. Even though I was rooting for Syracuse, I found myself hoping that somebody, anybody, would step up and win the darn thing. Then I became fascinated with the length in an 'Iowa Baseball Confederacy' kind of way. What would happen if everybody fouled out on both sides? I started rooting for that. Then I was just glad it was over and that Syracuse won.

Perhaps I should have played chess, but after 11:45pm when I made my 15 year old son go to bed (it's a school night!), I was watching it by myself. Still, I do think I could beat myself at chess if I concentrated really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    When has that ever mattered for an LTE post?

YBT, your input is always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    What's new about that?

I don't either, so we'll call it a draw.

I'm tired and I want to go to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    YAY! I hope they choose it!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Discuss.
    2 out of 3? Word around town is that the second game didn't count according to the Fargnatious Quick Time rule. You're also forbidden from explaining the details of this game; technically you are tied.

I suspect that EarlJam would be absolutely unbeatable at TEGWAR...

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    I suspect that EarlJam would be absolutely unbeatable at TEGWAR...
    I'll second that! Not that I'd want to play TEGWAR against anyone, but I sure as heck wouldn't wanna play it against the Earl of Jam.