Page 152 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 521021421501511521531541622022526521152 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 67399

lte

Have we had a "favorite Tastykake" discussion yet?

lte

I'll start: peanut butter tandykakes (I hope I have the name correct)
    Last edited by devildeac; 07-26-2008 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Danny Ferry at 2155. Guess I'll put that on the "whatever" thread, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    And I would venture a guess that 90+% of all my posts are on the OTB. None are on the public policy board - way too scary - and whenever I post on the main board, well, that place is scary too but I do travel over there from time to time. Over there I do try never to post much of an opinion about anything, just the facts, ma'am. I posted once or twice on the lacrosse board.
    I post on the PPB every once in a while, and the EK board regularly but not too often. I'd say that well over half of my posts have been on the OTB. And the day they took down the lax board, I went and posted there one last time so I could say I was the last person to post on it.

Smile No way devildeac ... BD has this record

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Are you forgetting the "ymm, beer" thread?
    You have a mere 375 posts of your appx 2,155 posts in the "ymm, beer" thread. I'm afraid you're not (nor is anyone) in the same league with BostonDevil.

The obvious solution devildeac is to stop posting here, and to post exclusively another appx. 525 posts in the Ymm Beer thread.

As I said, BD has this record. Not even billybreen comes close.

TRULY impressive!!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Which begs the question - is it impressive because of my restraint in posting elsewhere or in my dedication to this particular thread?

I don't have a favorite TastyKake but I still eat Hostess cupcakes every once in awhile. I like the orange ones best and I prefer the 'golden' cakes to the all choclates and of course I like the ones that look like baseballs but it's really only 2-3 times a year that I eat one.

Hey, it's time to post this link again, I've done it before because I'm trying to spread the word - Don't Doubt the Dance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzsQjqILdMY

(I love the Boston scenes too. I don't know if these guys are still active but I really hope to run into them one day.)

lte

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    You have a mere 375 posts of your appx 2,155 posts in the "ymm, beer" thread. I'm afraid you're not (nor is anyone) in the same league with BostonDevil.

The obvious solution devildeac is to stop posting here, and to post exclusively another appx. 525 posts in the Ymm Beer thread.

As I said, BD has this record. Not even billybreen comes close.

TRULY impressive!!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    525 posts?
    Ymm, beer thread?
    exclusively??

sounds like it's time to start drinking

and typing

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    525 posts?
    Ymm, beer thread?
    exclusively??

sounds like it's time to start drinking

and typing
    Your 525th will look something like this.
    "Wekl, ut;s avoyt tinr I got ro 525..."

lte

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Your 525th will look something like this.
    "Wekl, ut;s avoyt tinr I got ro 525..."
    Well, the 1st in the series came out coherently (check out Trois Pistoles on the "ymm, beer" thread). Only 524 more to go.

lte

sneaking by Wilson

lte

and dangerously close to Fish80 again

Smile

Well, the 1st in the series came out coherently (check out Trois Pistoles on the "ymm, beer" thread). Only 524 more to go.
    Remember... you CANNOT post on any other thread but "Ymm, Beer." You're only shooting yourself in the foot by posting on the LTE... if you REALLY want to approach BD's record.

I thought the only other one that would come close is mapei and the cycling thread, but it's just nowhere near BD.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

lte

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Remember... you CANNOT post on any other thread but "Ymm, Beer." You're only shooting yourself in the foot by posting on the LTE... if you REALLY want to approach BD's record.

I thought the only other one that would come close is mapei and the cycling thread, but it's just nowhere near BD.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Decisions, decisions. Beer tasting/posting or wildly PW'ing. Hmm...

lte

YES, that nudges me past Fish80 again.

How about it, folks-your favorite Tastykake.

a parallel survey...

I know nothing of Tastykakes, aside from having read of them in the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich.

For all former and current St. Louisans, what's your favorite concoction from Ted Drewe's? I like the Dutchman Delight (chocolate, butterscotch, pecans).

Smile Ymmm...

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I know nothing of Tastykakes, aside from having read of them in the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich.

For all former and current St. Louisans, what's your favorite concoction from Ted Drewe's? I like the Dutchman Delight (chocolate, butterscotch, pecans).
    If we stay on this topic, there's a strong chance ILoveJimmy will register a post.

HeathBar Concrete, followed by TerraMizzou.

If it's a Saturday night in St. Louis, then you have to be posting from the Chippewa location.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

YES, that nudges me past Fish80 again.

How about it, folks-your favorite Tastykake.
    Whatever that chocolate one is. My grandparents would always bring down a selection of Tasties when visiting from Wilmington, DE. Never understood why they didn't have distribution in the southeast.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Whatever that chocolate one is. My grandparents would always bring down a selection of Tasties when visiting from Wilmington, DE. Never understood why they didn't have distribution in the southeast.
    Oh, so that's why I don't know anything about Tastykakes. I didn't eat them growing up. I did however drink Cheerwine and Sundrop. I had a Cheerwine on my recent trip through the Carolinas. Ahhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Oh, so that's why I don't know anything about Tastykakes. I didn't eat them growing up. I did however drink Cheerwine and Sundrop. I had a Cheerwine on my recent trip through the Carolinas. Ahhh.
    My sister is addicted to that nasty stuff. When I go for my Starbucks runs in Charleston at xmas, she makes me pick up Cheerwine from the gas station for her. I can't get into it.

lte

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    There are lots of chocolate varities of Tastykakes. Plain chocolate cupcakes, creme filled chocolate cupcakes, chocolate juniors and a few more I just cannot recall at this time. Probably even some sort of chocolate pie.