Page 1507 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 50710071407145714971505150615071508150915171557160720072507 ... LastLast
Results 30,121 to 30,140 of 67390
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Also - congratulations on a successful surgery! Is she staying in the hospital for a day or two to recover?

We are nearing 1500 pages of posts. Well from where I'm sitting we are nearing that number. I think the number of posts per page is not consistent across all viewers of this thread - correct?

For those of you who remember TillyGalore - you might want to have a look at this: https://because.massgeneral.org/fundraiser/2833778

I'm running a 5k in her honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    For those of you who remember TillyGalore - you might want to have a look at this: https://because.massgeneral.org/fundraiser/2833778

I'm running a 5k in her honor.
    I'm in!

Your marbles....keep up with them...seriously....

Event 15 - Collision

That last event was just posted and I am very disappointed in the results (the team that wins the gold medal is my least favorite, I actively root against them, they are marbles.)

Another post closer to 30k. Season 2 of This Old House is long.

My yard desperately needs rain. As has been the case for the last few weeks, we have storms surrounding us about 5 miles out, but nothing here. Must be a force field over my neighborhood.

Spoke too soon. Just had a storm pop up over my house, and it’s almost stationary. I can hear my grass and plants cheering.

Hmmm, can we get to 30,000 tonight?

I signed up for "Vogue Knitting Live Online". It starts tomorrow. The package I bought includes the virtual marketplace, one lecture, and two classes.

The lecture is tomorrow at 12:30pm "Turbo Throwing: Super-Fast English Knitting".

Did you know there were two kinds of knitting - English and Continental?

They produce the same fabric, but they motions used by the knitter are what is different. In English knitting you hold the working yarn in your right hand and "throw" it over the needle to create a stitch. In Continental knitting you hold the working yarn in your left hand and "pick" the new stitch with your needle.

I'm fairly sure the next question on the tip of everyone's tongue is - which method do you use, BD?

Answer: Both. Of course. ;-) I get a much looser gauge when I knit Continental so, I do have to decide at the beginning of a project which method to use and do my test swatch accordingly. But, sometimes, when my gauge doesn't work out with the needles I've selected, instead of switching out the needle size, I'll just change from English to Continental (or vice versa). Some fiber types also lend themselves to one method. The coolest thing about knitting both ways is when you do colorwork with only 2 colors, you just hold one color in each hand and you don't have to do the twist when you change colors to prevent holes. (It's a knitting thing.) Fair Isle knitting never has more than 2 colors in one row, it's called stranded knitting and it goes so much faster when you can knit both ways.

The classes I'm taking would not have been by top choices but I signed up on the late side for this event so, I took what I could get.

Friday night from 7-9pm: Next Level Shawl Shaping
    Saturday from 10am-noon: Lace Knitting for Novices

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    My yard desperately needs rain. As has been the case for the last few weeks, we have storms surrounding us about 5 miles out, but nothing here. Must be a force field over my neighborhood.

Interesting, I have a similar force field over my yard.

I really need to rethink my haircut regimen.

I thought going into the office every work day would have helped me keep track of the days. Sadly, that isn't the case.